2023-24 NFL Playoffs

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

2023-24 NFL Playoffs

Post by wyokie »

The Steelers night in 5 seconds.

Link

'Nuff said. :lol: Go Josh Allen!!!!

Detroit won its first playoff game since January of 1992 (one year after I moved to Oklahoma).

Dallas still can't get back to the NFC Title game. Last time they were in the NFC Championship game, I was still in college (1995) and the Southwest Conference was still around!!!!!!!

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: 2023-24 NFL Playoffs

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Super wildcard weekend had blowout games with meltdowns by the Cowboys, Eagles, Dolphins, and Browns.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:12 pm Super wildcard weekend had blowout games with meltdowns by the Cowboys, Eagles, Dolphins, and Browns.
The only good game was the Lions-Rams game. All of the other teams that lost never really showed up.

I'm so happy for Lions fans. They deserved this win.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

America's team in college in the U of Michigan won the national championship. America's team in the NFL in the Dallas Cowboys laid a Tamago.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Green Bay looked amazing in their defeat of the Cowboys. Both offense and defense. The Packers is like MWC graduate school with Jordan Love and Romeo Doubs. It seems like I was more afraid for UH against Jordan Love and USU than Derek Carr and FSU. One rowdy fan base I'm glad to see out of the race is Philly. They really got messed up big time after going 10-1.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

So far, Miami has the oranges. But, Buffalo got the juice.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:04 pm So far, Miami has the oranges. But, Buffalo got the juice.
And more importantly.......Buffalo has a Wyoming Cowboy. :cowboy:

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Another big loss for the Dallas Cowboys makes Skip Bayless do his fake outrage fanboy shtick. He would slam dunk a Dat Prescott jersey in the trash. He gets more clicks when Dallas fails. People want to see a know it all gets his comeuppance.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:49 pm Another big loss for the Dallas Cowboys makes Skip Bayless do his fake outrage fanboy shtick. He would slam dunk a Dat Prescott jersey in the trash. He gets more clicks when Dallas fails. People want to see a know it all gets his comeuppance.
The Cowboys were fools gold all year long. Couldn't beat the good teams but would smash the bad teams by a lot so people thought they were good.
ImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

The Rams bankrupted their future for a Super Bowl win. While Stafford is clearly a better quarterback, Goff is still a good one...and all the draft picks that LA gave them have helped to build a solid team. Coach Campbell plays with a chip on his shoulder...like the one that let the Cowboys win that final game of the season. (Going for a 2 point conversion a second time was not the right choice.)

Also, we've had the tale of the other qb's. Flacco...getting the Browns into the playoffs? Then, Baker Mayfield, the Brown's discard, gets the Bucs into the playoffs. There are also three newbs leading their respective teams into the playoffs: Love, Stroud, and Mr. Irrelevant.

I like Detroit for the back story. However, the Chiefs are my favorites to win it again. Baltimore is also a force to be reckoned with. I don't like the Bills or the Miners.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Tua was criticized for not playing well in the cold weather. This freezing playoff game was just like the San Diego Super Chargers vs. Cincinnati Bengals in an AFC championship game. No one criticize Dan Fouts and Don Coryell non-explosive offense in that ice bowl. Dan Fouts didn't have a strong arm who could throw the deep ball. And he's in the NFL Hall of Fame.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:44 pm Tua was criticized for not playing well in the cold weather. This freezing playoff game was just like the San Diego Super Chargers vs. Cincinnati Bengals in an AFC championship game. No one criticize Dan Fouts and Don Coryell non-explosive offense in that ice bowl. Dan Fouts didn't have a strong arm who could throw the deep ball. And he's in the NFL Hall of Fame.
That AFC Championship you refer to was played on January 10, 1982 (2 days after my 8th birthday) in -9 F (-23 C) temps but the wind chill was -59 (-61 C) thus why the game was nicknamed the Freezer Bowl.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981%E2%8 ... Chargers_7

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Green Bay outcoached and outplayed the 49ers but luck was on the 9ers side. Maybe veteran presense to play 4qtrs to the end helped.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:24 pm Green Bay outcoached and outplayed the 49ers but luck was on the 9ers side. Maybe veteran presense to play 4qtrs to the end helped.
Purdy close win.
Jordan Love did a Brett Favre by getting picked by throwing across his body.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:04 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:24 pm Green Bay outcoached and outplayed the 49ers but luck was on the 9ers side. Maybe veteran presense to play 4qtrs to the end helped.
Purdy close win.
Jordan Love did a Brett Favre by getting picked by throwing across his body.
I think Jordan Love will be up there with the great NFL QBs. If not for the rain at the end of the game, GB would have gotten either a field goal or TD.