Angel Reese Trash Talkin' Criticism

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Angel Reese Trash Talkin' Criticism

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:39 am Some in athletics are just coddled and self-privileged. Wait until the athletes get out into the real world when their playing days are done.
@My3Cats:

Yeah. I mean, of course Alo had the freedom of choice to attend Oklahoma. Still, I suspect many UH alumni resent it, and add me to that list. Yes, Alo did get to experience national championships, but she also robbed UH of her skills. She's a Kahuku alumna, so she's on the very same island UH is on. I wonder how Kahuku alumni who are also UH alumni, feel about her.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:17 pm
My3Cats wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:39 am Some in athletics are just coddled and self-privileged. Wait until the athletes get out into the real world when their playing days are done.
@My3Cats:

Yeah. I mean, of course Alo had the freedom of choice to attend Oklahoma. Still, I suspect many UH alumni resent it, and add me to that list. Yes, Alo did get to experience national championships, but she also robbed UH of her skills. She's a Kahuku alumna, so she's on the very same island UH is on. I wonder how Kahuku alumni who are also UH alumni, feel about her.
Actually, she lived in Hauula and started school in Kahuku but transferred and commuted to Campbell for her final three years of high school. So she not only shunned UH, but also Kahuku High. More to dislike indeed.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

All-American
All-American

Post by 808 »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:45 am I suppose that basketball doesn't call fouls on taunting, like football has penalties.
Didn't McClanahan get called for a technical this season for something he said after making a shot? I don't know when Reese made her gestures, but if it was before the final horn sounded, she should have been called for a technical.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

My3Cats wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:42 pm
@My3Cats:

Actually, she lived in Hauula and started school in Kahuku but transferred and commuted to Campbell for her final three years of high school. So she not only shunned UH, but also Kahuku High. More to dislike indeed.
@My3Cats:

Yes, I came onto this thread just now to correct my error, and I see that the correction has been announced. That was a really stupid mistake on part. I mean, I usually post only on the high school threads because I follow high school sports closely. I remembered only a few minutes ago that Alo is a Campbell alumna, not a Kahuku alumna, so I immediately got back on this thread, intending to make the correction. That was one of the reasons I kind of resented her two years ago: Campbell is a softball power every year, so Alo enjoyed dominance at that school. Then she goes to Oklahoma, rather than the hometown UH, and enjoys dominance at that school. I think the reason I posted last night that she's a Kahuku alumna, is that she's a Poly, and I was thinking Kahuku High because that school has lots of Polys. But, if I weren't so stupid, I would have remembered that Kahuku is not a softball power. Anyway, so, yes: Alo is a Campbell alumna, which--like Kahuku--is on Oahu, the same island that UH is on. So, I wonder how Campbell alumni who are also UH alumni feel about her, seeing as she turned her back on UH.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:28 pm

@My3Cats:

@My3Cats:

Yes, I came onto this thread just now to correct my error, and I see that the correction has been announced. That was a really stupid mistake on part. I mean, I usually post only on the high school threads because I follow high school sports closely. I remembered only a few minutes ago that Alo is a Campbell alumna, not a Kahuku alumna, so I immediately got back on this thread, intending to make the correction. That was one of the reasons I kind of resented her two years ago: Campbell is a softball power every year, so Alo enjoyed dominance at that school. Then she goes to Oklahoma, rather than the hometown UH, and enjoys dominance at that school. I think the reason I posted last night that she's a Kahuku alumna, is that she's a Poly, and I was thinking Kahuku High because that school has lots of Polys. But, if I weren't so stupid, I would have remembered that Kahuku is not a softball power. Anyway, so, yes: Alo is a Campbell alumna, which--like Kahuku--is on Oahu, the same island that UH is on. So, I wonder how Campbell alumni who are also UH alumni feel about her, seeing as she turned her back on UH.
Hey no problem HSFF - Alo is someone who probably most Hawaii folks know nothing about, besides a few softball enthusiasts and her family. I assume that most don't give a rip about her.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

My3Cats wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:59 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:28 pm

@My3Cats:

Hey no problem HSFF - Alo is someone who probably most Hawaii folks know nothing about, besides a few softball enthusiasts and her family. I assume that most don't give a rip about her.
@My3Cats:

True, but she could have really helped UH had she chosen to simply stay home.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

What's the deal with athletes and politicians doubling down on questionable statements?
Even "The Fonz" had to admit he was wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbMKjLe-RFA

Call now for sure. Aaaayyy...