Angel Reese Trash Talkin' Criticism

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Angel Reese Trash Talkin' Criticism

Post by Walkoff Balk »

I think Angel Reese gives off a "Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful" vibe. She has a nickname of "Bayou Barbie." She would be cast as the head mean girl at a snob high school in a teen movie. Sportswriters who feel that woman like her are way out of their league. It makes it easy to get even to criticize a woman who shows no humility. There were a lot of double standards on both sides that made this incident a bigger topic.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Angel Reese Trash Talkin' Criticism

Post by shrek2 »

You think with all this hate speak coming out of Bayou Barbie that it was LSU that lost the finals. In acceptance of the Wooden Award on Tuesday, Caitlin Clark had this to say about the taunting at the end of the game.

Link
So, if you're going to sponsor an athlete, which one are you going to sponsor? Someone who is gracious or someone who is not so.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I suppose that basketball doesn't call fouls on taunting, like football has penalties.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I saw this article earlier this morning but I thought that this was so childish, I just dismissed it. LSU rejected Jill Biden from visiting pregame because the President picked someone else in the the bracket. Then after Jill's faux pas in postgame, Bayou Barbie said they're going to the Obamas instead. :lol:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... e59b&ei=19

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

I normally post only on the high school threads, but I saw this thread on the opening page. I thought what Reese did, sucked. I mean, LSU won; why taunt someone on the losing team? As a UH alumnus, I'm glad that none of the girls on UH's team is like that. Reese made LSU, as a school, look bad. LSU alumni should demand some kind of consequence; even a minor one. That might make LSU, as a school, look better in the eyes of the nation.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I don't think the hand to the face was so bad by Bayou Barbie maybe once because she was giving back to Clark what Clark did to other teams but she took it to a personal level by doing it so many times at game end.trying to get Clark's attention along with ring on the finger. Bayou Barbie before the game was the highest NIL recipient. Over the course of the week, Clark got half a mil in endorsements so she's up around $700K. Bayou Barbie was around $395K before the game, so her post game trash talk may have cost her. Kim Mulkey actually bothered me more in the game by getting on the court and in the referees face numerous times.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

shrek2 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:59 am I don't think the hand to the face was so bad by Bayou Barbie maybe once because she was giving back to Clark what Clark did to other teams but she took it to a personal level by doing it so many times at game end.trying to get Clark's attention along with ring on the finger. Bayou Barbie before the game was the highest NIL recipient. Over the course of the week, Clark got half a mil in endorsements so she's up around $700K. Bayou Barbie was around $395K before the game, so her post game trash talk may have cost her. Kim Mulkey actually bothered me more in the game by getting on the court and in the referees face numerous times.
@shrek2:

Thank God UH doesn't have someone like Reese. I see by the UH logo on the right of your posts that you're a UH fan, too.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:42 am
Thank God UH doesn't have someone like Reese. I see by the UH logo on the right of your posts that you're a UH fan, too.
Clark reminds me of Amy Atwell except she's faster to the hoop and can chuck it from the logo which is about 35 feet. :lol: I've always been a fan of women with Clark's body type in basketball because it seems like they're able to get in and out of the paint faster than others. That's why I had high hopes for Makenna Woodfolk before she had to leave.

But yeah, Bayou Babe would not fit at UH nor in its community.

But just think, if UH were able to get through its first game in the regional, theoretically it would have been in the finals. :D

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

shrek2 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:10 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:42 am
Clark reminds me of Amy Atwell except she's faster to the hoop and can chuck it from the logo which is about 35 feet. :lol: I've always been a fan of women with Clark's body type in basketball because it seems like they're able to get in and out of the paint faster than others. That's why I had high hopes for Makenna Woodfolk before she had to leave.

But yeah, Bayou Babe would not fit at UH nor in its community.

But just think, if UH were able to get through its first game in the regional, theoretically it would have been in the finals. :D
@shrek2:

Yeah. Well, if UH currently has the nation's #1 men's volleyball team and the nation's #4 women's water polo team, who's to say that they won't have a ranked women's basketball team someday?

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Angel Reese reflects the bad behavior of her LSU head coach, Kim Mulkey. Kim Mulkey got away with her sideline antics because she's a bully and an older woman to the referees. Jill Biden is that grandmother who probably doesn't know about sports. So, she wants every team member to play and receive a trophy. But, Angel Reese basically yelled at a Kapuna when Jill Biden invited Iowa to White House too. Angel Reese made habut face and said that she isn't going to the White House.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Walkoff Balk wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:10 pm Angel Reese reflects the bad behavior of her LSU head coach, Kim Mulkey. Kim Mulkey got away with her sideline antics because she's a bully and an older woman to the referees. Jill Biden is that grandmother who probably doesn't know about sports. So, she wants every team member to play and receive a trophy. But, Angel Reese basically yelled at a Kapuna when Jill Biden invited Iowa to White House too. Angel Reese made habut face and said that she isn't going to the White House.
@Walkoff Balk:

Yeah, it looks like Reese most definitely has an attitude problem.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:22 pm
Yeah. Well, if UH currently has the nation's #1 men's volleyball team and the nation's #4 women's water polo team, who's to say that they won't have a ranked women's basketball team someday?
This is slightly OT but do you think that UH could've made the Women's CWS if they had Jocelyn Alo? I think they stood a good chance. As far as basketball is concerned with UH, I'm happy if they just put on a good show. Women's VB stands a bigger chance of taking national honors than WBB.

Getting back to Barbie, I would not like to see UH playing LSU and even Dawn Staley's South Carolina. I can't imagine what it would be like for the hotel workers having to deal with the privileged attitude that these wahine think they have over the world.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

shrek2 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:34 am
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:22 pm
This is slightly OT but do you think that UH could've made the Women's CWS if they had Jocelyn Alo? I think they stood a good chance. As far as basketball is concerned with UH, I'm happy if they just put on a good show. Women's VB stands a bigger chance of taking national honors than WBB.

Getting back to Barbie, I would not like to see UH playing LSU and even Dawn Staley's South Carolina. I can't imagine what it would be like for the hotel workers having to deal with the privileged attitude that these wahine think they have over the world.
@shrek2:

You know, as a UH alumnus, I kind of resent that Alo chose to attend Oklahoma rather than UH. I mean, not only is she from the state of Hawaii; she's from the same island that UH is on. Now, it's possible that UH wouldn't have made CWS even with Alo, but perhaps they might have; we'll never know. Like Alo, I'm from Oahu. I didn't say UH "wasn't good enough" for me; I went to UH.

As for Reese and LSU, of course UH did play LSU, and got clobbered. Perhaps UH should invite LSU for a men's volleyball match.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Some in athletics are just coddled and self-privileged. Wait until the athletes get out into the real world when their playing days are done.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:37 pm As for Reese and LSU, of course UH did play LSU, and got clobbered. Perhaps UH should invite LSU for a men's volleyball match.
I should have qualified this and said I didn't want to to see LSU or South Carolina in Hawaii because of the attitudes of Barbie, Kim Mulkey and Dawn Staley. Actually, I'm not a fan of the LSU team behavior. I really thought UH did okay against LSU in the first round of the tournament and wouldn't mind if UH went to LSU and SC but if I were scheduling teams for visits to Hawaii; they'd be off my list.

I started following the NCAA women's because of Caitlin Clark about a month ago. She was good but she also said the right things. She kept her trash talking on the floor and didn't let it bubble over in the post game. The crown thing on Barbie's head made me wonder what is the significance of that? Kids or young ladies in this case need to realize that they are actors on a stage and that's what they get paid for in NIL money. They need to say the things that will make their brand sell. Am I going to follow LSU women's basketball? Nah.

As far as future income is concerned, WNBA players don't make a lot of money so they need to improve their image if they are going to draw crowds and get endorsements.