*** Official Micah Alejado Thread ***

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Re: QB Micah Alejado commits

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

One more thing, I was waiting for Coach to recruit a Dual Threat QB. Coach Chang did not disappoint.

Welcome home, Micah!

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

In Hawaii, the truth was if you talk to anyone long enough, you actually kind of know them. My "neighbor's cousin went to high school with you...kind of story." Doubt it's like that now.

So does anyone know his story? Did the family move to NV for a better life? And he just happens to play for BG because it was close to where they live? Or did the family move for football reasons? Meaning move there to attend BG, so mabe get better chance at the college level.

Tua's family left Hawaii so the younger brother can start to play mainland football. The official answer is to be closer to Tua. But we all know that reason was also so the younger brother can get better exposure and better football opportunities.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/LemmingReport/status/1652479152681889794

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

https://twitter.com/MaxPreps/status/1679184303031468032

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

BigWave96744 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:21 pm https://twitter.com/MaxPreps/status/1679184303031468032
Reading the name Elijah Brown makes me wonder where Waika Carvalho will play. The two played different teams on the same night after Thanksgiving, with Carvalho managing to outplay Brown.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Sorry. The commitment news is a bit different from years past. When will this guy and others suit up for Hawaii? He sounds like an awesome get, but is he really?

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by CityOfWalrus »

SundayJam wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:09 am Sorry. The commitment news is a bit different from years past. When will this guy and others suit up for Hawaii? He sounds like an awesome get, but is he really?
Just like any other recruiting class you'll just have to see how they integrate to the system and the school. Of course he's an awesome get, he's a nationally ranked QB from one of the top programs in the nation.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

CityOfWalrus wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:06 pm
SundayJam wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:09 am Sorry. The commitment news is a bit different from years past. When will this guy and others suit up for Hawaii? He sounds like an awesome get, but is he really?
Just like any other recruiting class you'll just have to see how they integrate to the system and the school. Of course he's an awesome get, he's a nationally ranked QB from one of the top programs in the nation.
Oh...I meant no disrespect. I REALLY think this guy is all that. What I meant to say was...how much time till he gets snatched away. It seems like a lot of the prospective recruits are committing way ahead of time. Well, at least I don't recall them committing so early. Am I wrong?

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

You got a point there. "Commitment" does not mean much for Hawaii. It just means that another school can pick and take him away. If someone #2 commits to Georgia, he may honor that. If Michah commits to Hawaii, that means USC or UCLA or San Jose State can go after him because Hawaii already did the "homework." What a way to put your name on the bidding war list.

Offer a young guy a brand new stadium (at SJ), and a possible start (get chance), and closer to home, how can he turn that down?

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

cabanalane wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:28 am You got a point there. "Commitment" does not mean much for Hawaii. It just means that another school can pick and take him away. If someone #2 commits to Georgia, he may honor that. If Michah commits to Hawaii, that means USC or UCLA or San Jose State can go after him because Hawaii already did the "homework." What a way to put your name on the bidding war list.

Offer a young guy a brand new stadium (at SJ), and a possible start (get chance), and closer to home, how can he turn that down?
:-

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: 2024 QB Micah Alejado commits

Post by kapakahi »

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2023/11/ ... n-the-end/
By Stephen Tsai Today

One of the nation’s best high school quarterbacks had a clear view of his future.

On Saturday, Micah Alejado was on the Ching Complex sideline during warmups and in the mosh pit of celebrants after kicker Matthew Shipley converted the walk-off, 51-yard field goal in Hawaii’s 27-24 victory over Colorado State.

“Being here for the last game (of the regular season) and seeing the environment and the fan base — the love the fans showed — it was really exciting,” Alejado said. “I’m really looking forward to (next year).”

Alejado said he will honor the oral commitment he made to the Rainbow Warriors in April. Alejado may put his pledge in writing on Dec. 20, the first day of the NCAA’s early-signing period.

It would be a homecoming for Alejado, who grew up in Ewa Beach and attended Saint Louis School before moving to Las Vegas ahead of his freshman year. This season, Alejado has not been intercepted while leading No. 1-ranked Bishop Gorman to a 12-0 record and the cusp of a national title.

“Just being able to fight and end up with a win, the (Warriors) showed a lot of great things heading into next year,” Alejado said. “I think the future’s really exciting.”

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by CityOfWalrus »

The future QB battle between Micah and John-Keawe is going to be really good. Both are incredibly talented QBs. Micah has a lot of of that moxie and swagger but his height does make me a little nervous even though he's slightly taller than Kyler Murray and I believe the south paw arm is a nice change up to the system.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

“Being here for the last game (of the regular season) and seeing the environment and the fan base — the love the fans showed — it was really exciting,” Alejado said. “I’m really looking forward to (next year).”

Alejado said he will honor the oral commitment he made to the Rainbow Warriors in April. Alejado may put his pledge in writing on Dec. 20, the first day of the NCAA’s early-signing period.
Did MA say he was looking forward to next year or is that what ST assumed?

MA didn't say he will sign in Dec.
This why TC still needs to recruit atleast 2 more experienced QBs. What if MA backs out the day if LOI day? What is Schager doesn't return?

Who we got in the cupboard, Farrell, Sagapolutele & Chong?

Not hating on any QB but we need solid QB1-3 ready to play at a moments notice. Cannot put our eggs into 1 basket and end up side-bolo

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

TC and staff need to keep up a full court press on Alejado, and Alejado's parents. Remains to be seen if any P4 school picks off Brennan Marion from UNLV if Micah is wavering.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

CityOfWalrus wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:19 pm The future QB battle between Micah and John-Keawe is going to be really good. Both are incredibly talented QBs. Micah has a lot of of that moxie and swagger but his height does make me a little nervous even though he's slightly taller than Kyler Murray and I believe the south paw arm is a nice change up to the system.
This kid won against the best in the nation, so he's found ways to overcome his height limitations. Less Go!
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook: