Super Bowl 57 Eagles Chiefs

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Super Bowl!!

Post by SundayJam »

LOL..you and Wyokie are so salty. Mahomes and Hurts are better quarterbacks than anything the Niners have fielded since Joe Montana. As for the Bills...although I like Josh Allen, he needs to mature some. ...and grow some more team mates. I was rooting for Cincy, but I'm happy to watch the two best teams match-up. Their records and wins speak for themselves.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Super Bowl 57 Eagles Chiefs

Post by SundayJam »

There are so many conflicts/contradictions going down with this match-up. It's gotta be the most amicable Super Bowl of all time with the brothers Kelce face off. We've got a dissed would-be mvp in Hurts matched up with against a shoe-in Mahomes. Who won more convincingly in the play-offs? Mahomes won a come-from-behind win because of a stupid fowl. The MVP playah with the veteran coach have got to win this...no?

I think Philly wins it. Congrats to the other Kelce and Mailata and the other most under-rated quarterback of all time--Jason Hurts.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:27 am The consensus seems to be that KC has the single best player in the Super Bowl but that Philly has the better OL/DL. Eric Wright, former 49er CB, said Philly has the worst fans in the NFL comparable to the Oakland Raider fans. Christian McCaffery said that he hopes both teams lose. :lol: So, when it comes to liking one team or the other, I gotta check what movies are playing on Sunday because its not a prime time event.
Kelce is going to be the single best player

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:32 am
shrek2 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:27 am The consensus seems to be that KC has the single best player in the Super Bowl but that Philly has the better OL/DL. Eric Wright, former 49er CB, said Philly has the worst fans in the NFL comparable to the Oakland Raider fans. Christian McCaffery said that he hopes both teams lose. :lol: So, when it comes to liking one team or the other, I gotta check what movies are playing on Sunday because its not a prime time event.
Yes. Jason Kelce gets it done on the opening drive. 7 - 0 Eagles.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

And then, Travis gets it done on the next drive. The game is ties 7 all.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:56 pm
UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:32 am
Yes. Jason Kelce gets it done on the opening drive. 7 - 0 Eagles.
No Travis.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:02 pm And then, Travis gets it done on the next drive. The game is ties 7 all.
Travis is going to be MVP

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Tight Ends are still the fun factor …. Kelce was my reason to go with Chiefs

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

The thing about the game is that Jalen Halen was pressured, and Patrick Mahomes wasn't sacked or hit.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Nah, Jalen Hurts threw for 300 yards and ran for 70 more including 3 td's. Mahomes is the MVP for a reason. However,If not for that stupid fumble and score, the game would have been over for the Chiefs in the first half. Now, those two wide open td passes in the redzone in the second half show Andy Reid's brilliance. Oh, and that 50 yard run by Mahomes on a flat tire was just sick. It was one helluva game.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

LOL...Shrek and Wokie...this Super Bowl was a classic. It showed off the best champions in the NFL, they also posted the best QB ratings for both QB's, awesome play in the trenches...and winning play-calling to decide the game. Yeah...I would have rather watched some movie...not.

Will SF make a bid for Derek Carr? They definitely need a quarterback. Will Josh Allen understand that he cannot always be the full back?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I know that this is a baited message but I thought I would give my perspective on the Superbowl. I thought it was a good back and forth type game but the story line was already written before the game except it was closer than expected. There's a lot of elite athletes that performed well on that stage. There's a lot of videos of Philly fans tearing up things in AZ and PA that was more or less expected. For me, I'm fine watching Longest Yard with Burt Reynolds not Adam Sandler and therefore not encouraging the kind of fan behavior that eminates out of Philly.

As far as the 9ers are concerned, I don't look at the QB as the key position but keeping players like Nick Bosa, Christian McCaffrey, George Kittle, et al healthy during the tough 17+ game schedule. And Derek Carr? I thought his best year was his second NFL year. He got hurt and then was never the same. Right now, he's an also ran.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

This was an awesome game. There are many reasons to hate on any given team. You could focus on the hooligans of Philly. But...meh...Jason Kelce alone trumped them. Both he and his brother of the opposition epitomize sportsmanship as well as the showcase of elite performance. The brilliant, young head-coach of Philly tearing-up during the National Anthem demonstrated the authentic spirit of this 'professional' show-down. When you consider the relatively flawless gamesmanship, this was one helluva game.

Was this game scripted? Nah, Philly should've won it. The Chiefs worked the magic yet again. Andy Reid and Mahomes are magic.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

There are some good story lines to the SuperBowl like Marcus Kemp making an appearance, one Samoan wide receiver on one team with another Samoan OT on the other but something about the two fan bases I didn't care for. Regarding the KC Chiefs doing the tomahawk. Really? Second worst time in American history is the massacre of the native American. I can forgive Auntie Em, Dorothy and Toto for continuing to live in the 50's but I guess I should write to my congressional leaders about Army doing the tomahawk during their football games.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

You gotta click on the link. The NFL doesn't embed. It was a great recap of the Super Bowl.

Link

The Kelce brothers are awesome.