Hawaii MBB wins Diamond Head Classic

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
daddy
Starter
Starter
MLB: Kansas City Royals
NFL: Chiefs and any team w/CB

Hawaii MBB wins Diamond Head Classic

Post by daddy »

On a buzzer beater, no less. Not been the greatest of years for UH sports (looking at you, football team) so it was cool to have something exciting related to UH on a national broadcast. Team is like 9 or 10 and 3 now. Maybe they can make a run in the Big West?

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: Hawaii MBB wins Diamond Head Classic

Post by ubercow »

crazy game winner. they've been playing well in every tournament game this week.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

I missed the game, but taped it and watched the last 6 minutes. McClanahan's game winner is going into the annals of game winners like Ruffin's and Whitlock's.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I watched the game winner, then I watched the full game highlights and I was impressed by Mor Seck. He plays the center better than any 7 foot center Hawaii has had. He plays low to the ground, then as soon as the ball is up, he finds a man and blocks him out. He looks like he could play for NBA Africa although it's like the G league only more physical. If he can try converting on threes and developing an inside shot with UH, he is going to be a player to watch in a couple of years.

Link

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

daddy
Starter
Starter
MLB: Kansas City Royals
NFL: Chiefs and any team w/CB

Post by daddy »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:25 pm I watched the game winner, then I watched the full game highlights and I was impressed by Mor Seck. He plays the center better than any 7 foot center Hawaii has had. He plays low to the ground, then as soon as the ball is up, he finds a man and blocks him out. He looks like he could play for NBA Africa although it's like the G league only more physical. If he can try converting on threes and developing an inside shot with UH, he is going to be a player to watch in a couple of years.

Link
Yeah, I like that kid a lot. Will be fun watching his growth.

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: kalua pig
NBA: kalua pig
NFL: kalua pig

Post by anykine »

beon riley also had a nice tournament.this years team is starting to take shape and i like what i see.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

uhwarriors wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:15 am I missed the game, but taped it and watched the last 6 minutes. McClanahan's game winner is going into the annals of game winners like Ruffin's and Whitlock's.
I watched the game and it felt like it was slipping away. The odds of pulling out a win seemed to be against the Warriors on that “last” possession and I was trying to think “still get chance.” When Jovon launched the shot, I was gripping the armrest and yelled when it went in and the backboard lit up. My neighbors must have wondered what was going on. The next thought was that Jovon would be on Sportscenter’s top 10. And it was.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

The faux pas made by the SMU coach was bigger than the missed free throws. It bothered me when I first watched the last seconds for SMU coaching but what was more confusing was the additional .9 seconds added to the clock and then the subsequent time out. In the last 5 seconds, the one thing you don't want is to have the other team bringing the ball up to or pass the half court line. They have a small guard guarding the inbounds on the other end of the court and they should have had one of their big men. Then you try to trap before the ball crosses the half court. After the shot was made it was puzzling that they still had a second to play. :roll:

Link