G.J. Kinney New Texas State Head Coach

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
uhwarriors

G.J. Kinney New Texas State Head Coach

Post by uhwarriors »

When he was hired, I heard he would be hard to keep here for long. I was hoping for at least one more season so the offense wouldn't have a new OC for three years straight. Malzahn is part of Graham's coaching tree as are Morris and Norvell.
https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/1363564771593846786

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: OC GJ Kinne to UCF

Post by Irse »

I was hoping for another year too.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Wasn't Beau calling the plays from the booth? Like to see Graham pick up one of his guys that can help the QB/receiver spots. Maybe JJ consult?

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

I'd like to see a RnS OC. Can they bump offer for Touchdown Timmy to get him away from Nevada?

Plus, Papa JJ is on island. Quality control offensive position open?
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:42 amMaybe JJ consult?
Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:00 pm I'd like to see a RnS OC. Can they bump offer for Touchdown Timmy to get him away from Nevada?

No way Coach Graham goes to a RnS-based offense....nor would JJ be in the picture (especially if he's not calling the offensive plays). Coach Graham & JJ are just from different offensive coaching philosophies (from different coaching trees). Graham's ideal offense employs an up-tempo no-huddle run-heavy package with a TE/H-back....while JJ would just assume not ever run the ball. Even Rolo's RnS offense incorporated the RPO package (from Brian Smith & Stutz)....while JJ is pure RnS.

Hopefully TC is considered by Coach Graham and vice versa.....since now also need a QB coach....even if Bo Graham still calls the offensive plays. But Jay Norvell might even try to bump up TC's pay even more to keep him with Nevada now that his WR coach defected to MWC West rival San Jose State.
https://nevadawolfpack.com/sports/footb ... -chang/948 https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/1363172990851031043 '

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

kapakahi wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:46 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:42 amMaybe JJ consult?
Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:00 pm I'd like to see a RnS OC. Can they bump offer for Touchdown Timmy to get him away from Nevada?

Hopefully TC is considered by Coach Graham and vice versa.....since now also need a QB coach....even if Bo Graham still calls the offensive plays.
https://nevadawolfpack.com/sports/footb ... -chang/948

But no way Coach Graham goes to a RnS-based offense....nor would JJ be in the picture (especially if he's not calling the offensive plays). Coach Graham & JJ are just from different offensive coaching philosophies (from different coaching trees). Graham's ideal offense employs an up-tempo no-huddle run-heavy package with a TE/H-back....while JJ would just assume not ever run the ball. Even Rolo's RnS offense incorporated the RPO package (from Brian Smith & Stutz)....while JJ is pure RnS.
'
I think if TC comes back to UH after only moving up from coaching inside receivers to tight ends, I would probably stop watching UH football. I hope he gets more seasoning at Nevada and maybe becomes the QB coach before any thoughts of him coming into the UH coaching staff.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

What about University of Miami WR coach Rob Lickens who was Graham's OC at Arizona St and let go by Herm Edwards?

Like the other thread, there is still Kim McCloud on staff :-

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:21 pm
I think if TC comes back to UH after only moving up from coaching inside receivers to tight ends, I would probably stop watching UH football. I hope he gets more seasoning at Nevada and maybe becomes the QB coach before any thoughts of him coming into the UH coaching staff.
Not even considering his past 4 seasons with Nevada, TC's coaching experience is already comparable to that of Craig Stutzmann before he joined UH for his 4 seasons (2016 thru 2019) as the QB coach.

Chang came to Reno after spending the 2016 season as the offensive coordinator at Emory and Henry College.
Prior to Emory and Henry, Chang spent two seasons at Jackson State University in Jackson, Miss.
2016: Off. Coordinator, Emory & Henry
2014-15: Off. Coordinator/QBs, Jackson State
https://hawaiiathletics.com/sports/foot ... zmann/1961
Came to UH from Emory & Henry College in Emory, Va., where he served as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for two seasons (2014-15).
Prior to E&H, spent two years at Weber State in Ogden, Utah, where he coached the receivers.
Coach Graham will ultimately decide whether TC's coaching experience makes him a worthy QB coach candidate or not.....whether you choose to stop watching UH football or not.
Last edited by kapakahi on Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:34 pm What about University of Miami WR coach Rob Lickens who was Graham's OC at Arizona St and let go by Herm Edwards?
Wonder what Coach Graham's relationship is like with Lickens (who was on his ASU staff for his last 2 seasons) who stayed on with Edwards for his first season at ASU in 2018 (before being let go). Hmmm.....

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

kapakahi wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:43 pm
Coach Graham will ultimately decide whether TC's coaching experience makes him a worthy QB coach candidate or not.....whether you choose to stop watching UH football or not.
That's a given. As Vince Vaughn says in his movies, "I'm just sayin'," That's not really meant to be a threat, just me saying there's enough sports for me to watch without putting UH on the top of my list.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:05 pm
As Vince Vaughn says in his movies, "I'm just sayin'," That's not really meant to be a threat, just me saying there's enough sports for me to watch without putting UH on the top of my list.
Implication was that UH football would be off your list altogether....off the bottom of it.

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

Could Chad Morris be a candidate? Coach Graham hired him at Tulsa and I believe he is still be paid by Arkansas.

Irse
MLB: Cubs

Post by Irse »

kapakahi wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:54 pm
BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:34 pm What about University of Miami WR coach Rob Lickens who was Graham's OC at Arizona St and let go by Herm Edwards?
Wonder what Coach Graham's relationship is like with Lickens (who was on his ASU staff for his last 2 seasons) who stayed on with Edwards for his first season at ASU in 2018 (before being let go). Hmmm.....
If as a WR coach, I don't see him stepping downwards from a P5 school to a G6 school.
ImageImage

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

kapakahi wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:43 pm
Not even considering his past 4 seasons with Nevada, TC's coaching experience is already comparable to that of Craig Stutzmann before he joined UH for his 4 seasons (2016 thru 2019) as the QB coach.

Chang came to Reno after spending the 2016 season as the offensive coordinator at Emory and Henry College.
Prior to Emory and Henry, Chang spent two seasons at Jackson State University in Jackson, Miss.
2016: Off. Coordinator, Emory & Henry
2014-15: Off. Coordinator/QBs, Jackson State
https://hawaiiathletics.com/sports/foot ... zmann/1961
Came to UH from Emory & Henry College in Emory, Va., where he served as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for two seasons (2014-15).
Prior to E&H, spent two years at Weber State in Ogden, Utah, where he coached the receivers.
Touchdown Timmy's offensive stats speak for themselves. Years of experience mean nothing without results.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

TC’s current HC thinks very highly of him. I would be happy to see him given a shot here.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: