SJSU Spartans Game Thread and Score Predictions

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UHALLDAWAY808
All-conference
All-conference

Re: SJSU Spartans Game Thread and Score Predictions

Post by UHALLDAWAY808 »

I don’t get it…It’s like the last game they go run and shoot and then next game back their lackluster offense…It’s been like that the whole season..Open it up!!!

Shoko
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Shoko »

Doh, San Ho bringing in their defensive starters again after TD with 2 point conversion. Two possession game with choke time. Praying for a turnover on the next Spartan possession.

Shoko

Post by Shoko »

Well, Timmy managed three wins in his first year as head coach. Same number of games his former employer managed to win in his first season.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

I really wanted this win against SJSU but no can. Finished with 3 wins 10 loses, well maybe next season maybe Hawaii reaches 4+ wins with that tough schedule. What a bummer for the last game of the season.

UHALLDAWAY808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by UHALLDAWAY808 »

1st and goal on the 2 …Just run a QB sneak couple times

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

What I don't get is local people, especially media guys, who have this weird man-crush for coach Brent Brennan. In 6 years he has 2 winning seasons and an overall 27-41 record, 19-28 in conference. If he posted those numbers at UH he would have been canned after year 2 or 3

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:27 pm What I don't get is local people, especially media guys, who have this weird man-crush for coach Brent Brennan. In 6 years he has 2 winning seasons and an overall 27-41 record, 19-28 in conference. If he posted those numbers at UH he would have been canned after year 2 or 3
LOL

My "I'm an outsider" theory....
Look at the guy's last name. His last name is very similar to a "local" legend's last name, doesn't it? That's why they "love" this guy.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

wyokie wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:32 pm
BigWave96744 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:27 pm What I don't get is local people, especially media guys, who have this weird man-crush for coach Brent Brennan. In 6 years he has 2 winning seasons and an overall 27-41 record, 19-28 in conference. If he posted those numbers at UH he would have been canned after year 2 or 3
LOL

Look at the guy's last name. His last name is very similar to a "local" legend's last name, doesn't it? That's why they "love" this guy.
As common as Brennan’s last name is, Colt and Brent were cousins.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Babooze calls by the suits (aloha shirts): ax Wagner and McMackin. Why? Each lost to superior teams and got paid well by Hawaiian standards. And yet, they both built excellent support staff and players. They both had winning records. One firing resulted in Navy getting our best assistant. The other resulted in two more assistants, soon to be winning-head-coaches, being axed. Each firing resulted in us enduring even longer years of abysmal losses by incompetent hires. Even weirder still, the McMackin firing was a result of him losing to Taylor Graham. TG had a winning record and yet got axed because he hurt some players feelings...or did he?

I don't know Dave Aranda personally, but...dang...he's a really good coach...and he was discarded by Norm Chow...and the Aloha Shirts. How many other MWC coaches can boast a National Championship? I think none. Oh yeah...maybe McMackin. Yeah...that's it. Tomey, Rolovich, Jones and that Navy coach could never aspire to achieve that.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

For some strange reason I was getting pre-recorded phone calls from Brent Brennan asking me to attend SJSU football games which I let go to the answering machine from 2017 to 2020. I had no connection to SJSU and have no clue how they got my number. Maybe that's how he reached out to the public.

Arcumfortis
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Arcumfortis »

Would have been nice to win this one but maybe not realistic unless we were perfect and they were unlucky. Schager looked better but he didn’t get enough help from his receivers. Next year will be interesting and hopefully we can take a step in the right direction. I hope TC meets with enough success to justify keeping him on. The repeated pattern of UH coaches meeting with some success and then getting poached for more money is getting old. At least with TC there is a chance that he will stay and build on his success (if he can achieve it). I hope the new gov puts out a clear roadmap for the stadium soon after he takes office. Some may like going to games at Ching field and they’ve done the best they can with what they have - but for me it is not an FBS facility and going to games there has little appeal. Another offseason of transfer portal defections and no plan for a stadium and I think we will be in big trouble. Hopefully most players stay and there is better leadership for stadium development - is that too much to ask?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I didn't watch the game but I was listening to the broadcast along with the gamecast and they said on the radio that there was a QB draw where Schager took a slide for an 8 yard gain. Hearing this after watching the Michigan/Ohio State game where JJ McCarthy ran like a running back just made me think that Hawaii needs to look for a dual threat QB. This was a playing for pride game and it's disheartening to the other players and the fans not to see someone give it their all.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Hawaii receivers dropped how many balls?

And why couldn't the O-Line run block? SJSU stifled Hawaii's offensive strength and give them that credit.

SJSU allowed 36 sacks all season long but Hawaii could only get one of them. UH allowed 17 sacks all season long but Spartans got 3 of them.

A winnable game but a few misplays here and there did them in.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

gopunahou wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:10 am
wyokie wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:32 pm
LOL

As common as Brennan’s last name is, Colt and Brent were cousins.
Brent Brennan started his coaching career as a graduate assistant at UH.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bYIitknO_4

Peter Brady made Benedict Arnold a sympathetic figure when he was on our team who then became an enemy. Even The Bunch was making war references that might be politically incorrect now.