RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Plz stop with saying the offense is RnS

Post by RedZone »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:13 pm
wailukuwarriorfan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:41 am
Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:02 pm
The only QB on roster with spread offense experience is Cooper and he hasn't smelt the field. Let's hope we get a QB with RnS background.
Cooper has the RnS background from being at Washington State and has dual threat capabilities to get to the first down marker using his legs when receivers are covered.

Didn’t Coach Chang say he was going to give Cooper some playing opportunity? Does his dual threat capabilities and knowledge of RnS plays warrant him some playing time? I would like to see him given opportunities.

San Diego had their 4th string QB playing defense before they tested his potential and he moved the ball down the field in the last minute to allow SDSU to kick the game winning field goal against us.
I mean it couldn't be worse! Let's see of Cooper can do it. It's strange to me that such a high caliber player is a glorified water boy at UH.
I wouldn’t mind seeing Cooper get some reps. Maybe move him to number 2? But from what coach has said I don’t think that he wants Schager looking over his shoulder worrying about his job as a starter. I also don’t think that the problem is just with the quarterback. Even former UH qbs had their go to guy at receiver. Ours seem to be a patchwork of players trying to learn the system.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

RedZone wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:02 pm
wailukuwarriorfan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:41 am

Cooper has the RnS background from being at Washington State and has dual threat capabilities to get to the first down marker using his legs when receivers are covered.

Didn’t Coach Chang say he was going to give Cooper some playing opportunity? Does his dual threat capabilities and knowledge of RnS plays warrant him some playing time? I would like to see him given opportunities.

San Diego had their 4th string QB playing defense before they tested his potential and he moved the ball down the field in the last minute to allow SDSU to kick the game winning field goal against us.
I mean it couldn't be worse! Let's see of Cooper can do it. It's strange to me that such a high caliber player is a glorified water boy at UH.
I wouldn’t mind seeing Cooper get some reps. Maybe move him to number 2? But from what coach has said I don’t think that he wants Schager looking over his shoulder worrying about his job as a starter. I also don’t think that the problem is just with the quarterback. Even former UH qbs had their go to guy at receiver. Ours seem to be a patchwork of players trying to learn the system.
Who cares about looking over shoulder when you losing to $hitty teams? Seriously. Let's play to win and not have it about ppl feeling insecure.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:49 am

Who cares about looking over shoulder when you losing to $hitty teams? Seriously. Let's play to win and not have it about ppl feeling insecure.
Didn't the last guy get run own of town cause of that mentality. I thought everyone wanted the players coddled. I mean that's why some players left right.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:46 pm What do you think of UH's execution?
I'm for it.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

You get what you get when the patients run the asylum.

There are players that I don’t have a problem with because their play got them better opportunities and better financial incentives. Obviously there were other players who didn’t buy in to the direction the team was going. And lastly the team cancer was facilitated by poor player leadership.

Facts are that with all the inhibitors that Graham faced his first two years he still led the team to two bowl qualifying teams. Like everything in society today the administration and the State caved to the woke environment.

The transfer portal has transformed college football and unfortunately Hawaii is and will be on the short end of the stick. Hawaii will not be able to compete financially (smaller state, smaller alumni, smaller corporations, smaller donors), is undesirable for recruiting (transfers are going to better programs and if they are transferring they are going to schools that are closer to play in front of family and friends), better NILs. All you have to do is look at the transfers we are getting vs other programs.

It is a much different college scene. The rich get richer. Lots of other schools had an exodus. Players left Hawaii for numerous reasons.; better opportunists, not good enough, to be closer to home, family and friends, didn’t like coaches or didn’t like the cancer within the team. There were many reasons.

Personally I don’t see Hawaii surviving.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

TheDuke wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:44 am Like everything in society today the administration and the State caved to the woke environment.
I wouldn't say they caved to a woke environment...... whatever that means. To be specific they caved to localism. Plain and simple.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

EITSwarrior wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:45 am
I wouldn't say they caved to a woke environment...... whatever that means. To be specific they caved to localism. Plain and simple.
Dru Brown had to go because he saw the chosen one (Cole McDonald) taking his place. There were plenty of pressure on Rolo to start or play Chevan Cordeiro.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

EITSwarrior wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:49 am

Didn't the last guy get run own of town cause of that mentality. I thought everyone wanted the players coddled. I mean that's why some players left right.
Huge difference between being a male anatomy, petty and disrespectful vs having ppl feel they are not a lock at a position. Might actually have ppl play better. If you start even when you playing $hitty that's horrible.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:37 am

Huge difference between being a male anatomy, petty and disrespectful vs having ppl feel they are not a lock at a position. Might actually have ppl play better. If you start even when you playing $hitty that's horrible.
Not that huge difference really

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

EITSwarrior wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:25 pm

I hope you're kidding. Being a bully, agro, and demeaning to players is not like having ppl accountable, fighting for their position. Knowing you might not play of you don't perform is a part of the real world i.e. jobs and probably not your's bc you're to sensitive.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

TheDuke wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:44 am Like everything in society today the administration and the State caved to the woke environment.
After high school, football is competition where best man gets the job. NCAA stands for Need Continue Ascending Achievement.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:02 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:25 pm

I hope you're kidding. Being a bully, agro, and demeaning to players is not like having ppl accountable, fighting for their position. Knowing you might not play of you don't perform is a part of the real world i.e. jobs and probably not your's bc you're to sensitive.
I guess some people can take it better than others. I'm not gonna take the easy way out. If I wanna play for Hawaii, I will. No matter what.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:15 pm
After high school, football is competition where best man gets the job. NCAA stands for Need Continue Ascending Achievement.
NCAA stands for No Clue At All

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

They will never run a pure run and shoot offense. JJ did not run a pure run and shoot, and he called it four wide, not run and shoot. JJ added different elements into his offense every year that were not original run and shoot concepts. Expect the offense to be more modern, with run and shoot concepts.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:02 am They will never run a pure run and shoot offense. JJ did not run a pure run and shoot, and he called it four wide, not run and shoot. JJ added different elements into his offense every year that were not original run and shoot concepts. Expect the offense to be more modern, with run and shoot concepts.
Of course what JJ ran wasn't pure RnS....Btw, they never called it 4 wide when he was head coach - it was always RnS.

My point is the elements that exploit the defense - seam, rub, combo routes are missing in the version TC is running. The big back is missing too. I don't expect it to be exactly like JJ's, but it's no where near it and the exciting , domination and scoring. 100 yards passing? Are you kidding me? Can TC call JJ or Roll for tips bc this OC is wack?