MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: Plz stop with saying the offense is RnS

Post by wyokie »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:48 am
wyokie wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:59 am
UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:27 pm

You a got a good chance at 9-3. Who would have thought?
Not me. LOL We'll screw up against someone we shoulda beaten. It's a hallmark of Bohl's time at Wyoming.
That means us or the lowly Rams who just beat us. You bring hope.
I honestly think Wyoming could be Hawaii's last victory of this season. Hope I'm wrong.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

I was hopeful but didn't expect a win.

As others have stated this is an offense with R&S concepts. The R&S is not easy to install. Is Schaeger staring down receivers? Probably. At this stage the QB and receivers are not on the same page. If he throws where they are supposed to be and they are not you will see a lot more ints. When the light bulbs come on the R&S is amazing but until that happens it is a work in progress. Not only does the R&S take reps to get it right we have a lot of younger receivers with very little D1 experience.

I do feel that half time adjustments are poor due to the new coaching staff. And adjustments are harder to make because of player inexperience. You can't throw too much at these younger players who are just trying to get the basic plays right.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I was really happy the way our defense played in this game. They have come a long way. Blessman is amazing. Our DTs covered a lot of ground. I was really happy to see Logan finally being able to show his stuff. He just reads, reacts and makes plays. Untimely penalties still hurts this team. Our offense still seems to be out of sync. Bad snap, lineman down field, pass to nowhere, pass to covered receiver,etc…. Schager had Mardner last year. Someone he could throw the 50/50 ball to. He doesn’t have him this year and it shows. He can’t make those throws any more. I like how they are sneaking Parsons out on passing plays. I think it is more about execution than type of offense. We just need to execute our plays better.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

whatever they call this offense it's only been in play for three weeks. it's difficult enough to install a new offense during spring and summer practices. to overhaul an offense during a bye week and install "whatever" has got to be stressful for the players to learn. they just finished spring and summer practices learning where to line up, how to line up against a defense and blocking and pass schemes. to scrap it all and put in the "whatever" is challenging.

seems the "whatever" is taking advantage of players' strengths instead of trying to mold players to the initial system. i like the offense as they continue to get better with each game. the defense has new confidence and is playing lights out.

now it's time for coaches to study film, reduce the mistakes in play selection, clock management and recover what's left of the season. i'll still be in the stands this saturday night.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

The first half offense worked okay, just need to execute better. Second half offense sucked hairy ballz. I prefer the first half offense.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

TheDuke wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:19 am I was hopeful but didn't expect a win.

As others have stated this is an offense with R&S concepts. The R&S is not easy to install. Is Schaeger staring down receivers? Probably. At this stage the QB and receivers are not on the same page. If he throws where they are supposed to be and they are not you will see a lot more ints. When the light bulbs come on the R&S is amazing but until that happens it is a work in progress. Not only does the R&S take reps to get it right we have a lot of younger receivers with very little D1 experience.

I do feel that half time adjustments are poor due to the new coaching staff. And adjustments are harder to make because of player inexperience. You can't throw too much at these younger players who are just trying to get the basic plays right.
I get that it's not full RnS...I stated did install. Install should have been in spring and summer ball, but TC tried to let Shoemaker do his thing, but realized it sucked. He then turn course mid season.

The only QB on roster with spread offense experience is Cooper and he hasn't smelt the field. Let's hope we get a QB with RnS background.

In general, the lack of outside zone, trap and pulling OL make the run game very predictable for certain down and distance. Running into a wall 10x a game is ridiculous.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

st808 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:43 am whatever they call this offense it's only been in play for three weeks. it's difficult enough to install a new offense during spring and summer practices. to overhaul an offense during a bye week and install "whatever" has got to be stressful for the players to learn. they just finished spring and summer practices learning where to line up, how to line up against a defense and blocking and pass schemes. to scrap it all and put in the "whatever" is challenging.

seems the "whatever" is taking advantage of players' strengths instead of trying to mold players to the initial system. i like the offense as they continue to get better with each game. the defense has new confidence and is playing lights out.

now it's time for coaches to study film, reduce the mistakes in play selection, clock management and recover what's left of the season. i'll still be in the stands this saturday night.
Who owns turning the ship in the other direction mid stream? Guys this isn't JV FB, where who cares if we completely change the scheme to try things out when we $hitty. Smells like buyers remorse to me.

Besides the huge gap in adjustments. Every second half UH crumbs bc the other team makes tweaks and UH uses 0 wrinkles. The lack of exploiting weakness is also troublesome.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

RedZone wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:56 am I was really happy the way our defense played in this game. They have come a long way. Blessman is amazing. Our DTs covered a lot of ground. I was really happy to see Logan finally being able to show his stuff. He just reads, reacts and makes plays. Untimely penalties still hurts this team. Our offense still seems to be out of sync. Bad snap, lineman down field, pass to nowhere, pass to covered receiver,etc…. Schager had Mardner last year. Someone he could throw the 50/50 ball to. He doesn’t have him this year and it shows. He can’t make those throws any more. I like how they are sneaking Parsons out on passing plays. I think it is more about execution than type of offense. We just need to execute our plays better.
Let's see if the FR WRs how are 6'5ish get some burn and provide that 50/50 guy.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

That touchdown that we had was R&S. I’ve seen that play many times especially when Bess was here. The only difference was we used one of our tightends. One thing I would add is for Schager to get the ball out sooner on that play.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

RedZone wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:40 pm That touchdown that we had was R&S. I’ve seen that play many times especially when Bess was here. The only difference was we used one of our tightends. One thing I would add is for Schager to get the ball out sooner on that play.
Schager does have the tendency to wait too long to throw. By the time that the ball gets to the receiver the defender gets there and many times knocks the ball away or immediately tackles the receiver for no YAC.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Schager looked good and promising last year. He is lost with TC/Shoe's offense. He is a good future QB for another "TG-like" team, but not UH.

Ikaika Woosley looked more put-together under center when he started as a sophomore.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:02 pm
The only QB on roster with spread offense experience is Cooper and he hasn't smelt the field. Let's hope we get a QB with RnS background.
Cooper has the RnS background from being at Washington State and has dual threat capabilities to get to the first down marker using his legs when receivers are covered.

Didn’t Coach Chang say he was going to give Cooper some playing opportunity? Does his dual threat capabilities and knowledge of RnS plays warrant him some playing time? I would like to see him given opportunities.

San Diego had their 4th string QB playing defense before they tested his potential and he moved the ball down the field in the last minute to allow SDSU to kick the game winning field goal against us.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

tua returned to miami's lineup and is zipping passes under three seconds with receivers running and getting separation.

schrager or whoever takes over the whatever offense needs to decipher the defense before the ball is snapped and go through the progression faster and get the ball out. receivers need to get upfield and get separation well within three seconds and expect the ball and catch it.

receivers also need to recognize blitzes and take the route to the open coverage to allow the qb to get rid of the ball immediately.

hope to see this on saturday.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

st808 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:01 pm tua returned to miami's lineup and is zipping passes under three seconds with receivers running and getting separation.

schrager or whoever takes over the whatever offense needs to decipher the defense before the ball is snapped and go through the progression faster and get the ball out. receivers need to get upfield and get separation well within three seconds and expect the ball and catch it.

receivers also need to recognize blitzes and take the route to the open coverage to allow the qb to get rid of the ball immediately.

hope to see this on saturday.
A glaring issue is #13 exposes the WRs to big hits bc of poor timing or accuracy and sometimes both.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:41 am
Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:02 pm
Cooper has the RnS background from being at Washington State and has dual threat capabilities to get to the first down marker using his legs when receivers are covered.

Didn’t Coach Chang say he was going to give Cooper some playing opportunity? Does his dual threat capabilities and knowledge of RnS plays warrant him some playing time? I would like to see him given opportunities.

San Diego had their 4th string QB playing defense before they tested his potential and he moved the ball down the field in the last minute to allow SDSU to kick the game winning field goal against us.
I mean it couldn't be worse! Let's see of Cooper can do it. It's strange to me that such a high caliber player is a glorified water boy at UH.