4 Wins This Season?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
ton15t4k
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

4 Wins This Season?

Post by ton15t4k »

Defense contained Taua and Lee, but not so much with Cox. Defense did enough to win a pretty bad Nevada team. Offense passing 173 yards ain't going to cut it. Most of the night, the OL gave Schager plenty of time in the pocket. Receivers still unable to get open. But UH has a solid running game and the defense looks to now have a solid run defense.

I predict 4 wins this season with a win over Colorado State and possibly Fresno State. But I think UH can get lucky to a 5 win season. 6 wins to a bowl game isn't realistic but that is what I am hoping for. Thoughts?

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Re: 4 Wins This Season?

Post by UnBiasFan »

Every game left could go either way … we should win between 2 and 4 of the remaining games

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

Hawaii solid chance against at Colorado State and (Home Game) Wyoming, but at Fresno State, (Home Game) Utah State, (Home Game) UNLV and at San Jose State are tougher games that might end up being meaningful MWC games for the MWC West division title. Fresno State, UNLV and San Jose State will be tough games because of that! I could be wrong, but I think that Hawaii will get that 3rd win against Colorado State or Wyoming and finish 3-9.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Best chances for a win will be against CSU, Wyoming, Fresno, Utah State and UNLV. All are struggling offensively. We got a better chance at our home games. CSU is struggling but we will be at altitude and you don’t know how our younger players and transfers will perform. Depth will be a factor and we aren’t that deep. I want a win badly at San Jose but their receiving group are the best in the MWC, size, experience and speed. 6 wins is possible but we need the ball and calls to go our way. Other then San Jose they all have QB issues, injuries and growing pains.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

The good thing is we are getting better each week.
Other MWC teams are iffy and a few injuries away from being bad

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Well...Chow ball followed up by the run-away dad...and the mean dad...complicated by the soulless pandemic...kinda took the wind out of us. Still, the happy-go-lucky dad and the mean dad left us with a lot to build on.

The team is still solid. The departed coach, while disliked by many for being so mean, has coached this team well. The McMackin prodigy netted many local playahs...some of which have moved on for either emotional or growth reasons. We also scooped up the whey of the super teams. Many of which have begun to perform. The team is gelling. We'll see.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

My preseason prediction was for 3 wins. NMSU was supposed to be one. Duquesne and UNLV were my other 2 predicted wins. Nevada win is a bonus/replacement for the NMSU loss. If the Warriors go 4 wins or more I will be ecstatic!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

My3Cats wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:32 am My preseason prediction was for 3 wins. NMSU was supposed to be one. Duquesne and UNLV were my other 2 predicted wins. Nevada win is a bonus/replacement for the NMSU loss. If the Warriors go 4 wins or more I will be ecstatic!
My3Cats wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:52 am
SundayJam wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:10 am
My3Cats wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:44 am Upset Special on the road at The Big House!
uhwarriors wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:26 pm
You and I are thinking pretty much the same thing. I hope for better, but realistically this is a total rebuild.
Sarcasm duly noted. Michigan's gonna whip us.

We have much to be thankful for. We've got some 5 year starters at many positions. We've got Texas and Louisiana recruits courtesy of the angry coach. We've got multiple 3* transfers due to the transfer portal. The exit transfers are regrettable. One awesome Muasau remains.
Not sarcasm. Enthusiasm! If Appalachian State could do it, we can too. Da Braddahhood just got to believe. At least give the Wolverines a good rub.
LOL...Yes, but...you also predicted a win at Michigan. Hawaii never stood a chance against Michigan. We had a chance in all other games, but inexperienced leaders on the top and bottom predictably spelled disaster. The core is still there. Fill the shoes of those who chose to leave...or were forced to.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:20 am
My3Cats wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:32 am My preseason prediction was for 3 wins. NMSU was supposed to be one. Duquesne and UNLV were my other 2 predicted wins. Nevada win is a bonus/replacement for the NMSU loss. If the Warriors go 4 wins or more I will be ecstatic!
My3Cats wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:52 am
SundayJam wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:10 am

Sarcasm duly noted. Michigan's gonna whip us.

We have much to be thankful for. We've got some 5 year starters at many positions. We've got Texas and Louisiana recruits courtesy of the angry coach. We've got multiple 3* transfers due to the transfer portal. The exit transfers are regrettable. One awesome Muasau remains.
Not sarcasm. Enthusiasm! If Appalachian State could do it, we can too. Da Braddahhood just got to believe. At least give the Wolverines a good rub.
LOL...Yes, but...you also predicted a win at Michigan. Hawaii never stood a chance against Michigan. We had a chance in all other games, but inexperienced leaders on the top and bottom predictably spelled disaster. The core is still there. Fill the shoes of those who chose to leave...or were forced to.
That Michigan one was not a prediction, but a hope. My actual win predictions were Duquesne, NMSU and UNLV. Can only hope about the others, right? If there is no hope, no sense play, just stay home.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Is that guy from SJSU who disrespected us the last 2yrs still playing or did he move on? I’m hoping he still there, I just want UH to to beat SJSU because of that dude.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

ulua wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:51 am Is that guy from SJSU who disrespected us the last 2yrs still playing or did he move on? I’m hoping he still there, I just want UH to to beat SJSU because of that dude.
Cordeiro played well for Hawaii. He shifted over to a rival. He's shifty. He's not a bad guy. He's not a bad player. He just made the wrong choice. I hate the Trojans...I don't hate Chevan. I only think...bummers...for him and us. It's a no win situation.

This week we play CSU. Apparently they also had an unexpected win over Nevada...only not by as much of a margin as we had. They also performed better in a loss to USU. I think a win here is definitely do-able.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

If Timmy can get the offense moving the ball and in rhythm, then 4 wins no problem. But Schager and the WR/TE have to get in some extra reps during the week... extra 7 on 7 drills. The Hawaii defense have found themselves and are playing loose and fast... flying around having fun laying the smackth down. Just got to get the passing attack in gear... if they can get the passing attack going with that killa run game!!! Watch out MWC!! This Hawaii Team just might surprise everyone. But the passing game is crucial to the future success for the rest of this season.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

ulua wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:51 am Is that guy from SJSU who disrespected us the last 2yrs still playing or did he move on? I’m hoping he still there, I just want UH to to beat SJSU because of that dude.
If Chevan stays healthy then SJSU is the toughest MWC regular season game left on the schedule, hands down!

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

Watch this video of Chad Owens and Stephen Tsai explaining what they think of Hawaii Football after the CSU game. Keep in mind the Chad Owens is a Hawaii Warrior all-time great hands down and knows Hawaii football. As a parent myself I understand that Chad is just showing support for the team and his son is on the team. But his emotions got the best of him when he said that Hawaii could make a bowl game this season.

The only way that is happening is the rest of the season Hawaii turns on the switch and the other teams turn off the switch. Or ESPN is like "Let's put Hawaii in the Hawaii bowl at TC Ching with a 3-10 or 4-9 record because we can" But the odds are almost zero Hawaii make a bowl game this season. This is not an attack on Chad but even Tsai wasn't going down that road of a Hawaii Bowl game is in reach with some miracle extra effort or juice.

3-10 record might be an extra miracle for the games left on the schedule this season. 4-9 record would be extra, extra miracle. A bowl game would mean extra, extra, extra miracle plus the Stadium actually broke ground and started construction by before the Hawaii Bowl. That is about a zero chance of happening. I do appreciate Chads enthusiasm and super support for his son that is on the team, but a bowl game is a huge ask for this team to win every game the rest of the season to finish 6-7 MWC West Champs and MWC Championship Game and a Hawaii Bowl. To win every game from this point on would put Hawaii as MWC West Champs and a spot the MWC Championship game against Boise State. That would be biblical!

https://youtu.be/Ng6MNp_hUEo

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Agree that Hawaii has to turn on the switch. The MWC is especially weak across the board especially offensively and all the teams have been inconsistent. Every team left on our schedule is beatable. SJSU would be the toughest but if we continue to get better each and every game it would be possible. I see players getting better not so sure about the coaches.