On Demand replay of Hawaii games

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: On Demand replay of Hawaii games

Post by cabanalane »

In my mind when I wrote that, I was thinking free. I know, nothing is free today.

The free exposure can help UH gain a fan for life. I think that does more than winning vs losing.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

"Free" is when games are shown on the major TV networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, ESPN), but not even on the paid sports channels (CBSSN, NBCSN). Got lots of other pay channels that cover the other major conference games, not to mention the pay channels that cover the G5 games too. Only way UH gets on "free" TV is if they are playing one of the big boys, and only if those games are played on a major network. College football and TV are all about the money nowadays.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:08 am "Free" is when games are shown on the major TV networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, ESPN), but not even on the paid sports channels (CBSSN, NBCSN). Got lots of other pay channels that cover the other major conference games, not to mention the pay channels that cover the G5 games too. Only way UH gets on "free" TV is if they are playing one of the big boys, and only if those games are played on a major network. College football and TV are all about the money nowadays.
For many, those networks are no longer free either. Hard to get networks OTA in many locations. That means using a cable or streaming option that starts around $70 per month. For those that have cut the cable ... KGMB (CBS games) is available on the Paramount App. And Sunday night football (NBC) is on the Peacock App. Paramount and Peacock are available through free trials and deep discounting.

College and NFL football generates a lot of international betting interest. That is why unauthorized streams will often be put up for games. When broadcast through Spectrum PPV there is little chance that a Hawaii game will end up on one of these streams.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

UnBiasFan wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:09 pm
My3Cats wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:08 am "Free" is when games are shown on the major TV networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, ESPN), but not even on the paid sports channels (CBSSN, NBCSN). Got lots of other pay channels that cover the other major conference games, not to mention the pay channels that cover the G5 games too. Only way UH gets on "free" TV is if they are playing one of the big boys, and only if those games are played on a major network. College football and TV are all about the money nowadays.
For many, those networks are no longer free either. Hard to get networks OTA in many locations. That means using a cable or streaming option that starts around $70 per month. For those that have cut the cable ... KGMB (CBS games) is available on the Paramount App. And Sunday night football (NBC) is on the Peacock App. Paramount and Peacock are available through free trials and deep discounting.

College and NFL football generates a lot of international betting interest. That is why unauthorized streams will often be put up for games. When broadcast through Spectrum PPV there is little chance that a Hawaii game will end up on one of these streams.
Good point - I forgot about the over the air thing that happened a couple of years ago. No free TV anymore.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

"No free TV anymore." True.

I'm a fan of a lot of sports growing up because it was free. If I had to pay, I would be a fan of none TBH.

Today, the only thing I'm willing to pay for is UH football.

Love UH Basketball, but have not follow since the days of Reggie Cross, Vince Smalls, and Jarin Akana.