On Demand replay of Hawaii games

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
jalgeri
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

On Demand replay of Hawaii games

Post by jalgeri »

Does anyone know if there is a way to watch the football games on demand instead of just live? I live on the East coast and many times I cannot stay up really late to watch the games live. So far I have found no websites that allow you to watch a replay of the games at a later time.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: On Demand replay of Hawaii games

Post by Irse »

Don't think so. I believe the media rights belong to the people who broadcast the game so it would be CBS Sports or Spectrum. I don't think they have the games online for later viewing.
ImageImage

jalgeri
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by jalgeri »

That’s what I thought. I remember a few years ago you could always watch the replays on the Stadium website. I still don’t understand why Spectrum won’t show on demand replays. Hawaii is the only program in the country I feel that has no ability to watch replays.

Shoko
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Shoko »

If it's being broadcast via the Mountain West Network they will have it on demand.
https://themw.com/watch/?id=6313734078112

If the game is being broadcast via ESPN+ they also have it on demand but you're going to have to subscribe. They might have a trial you can take advantage
https://plus.espn.com/

If it's not then you're going to have to DVR the game if it's any of the major sports networks. I personally have the HULU package where ESPN+ and Disney+ is included.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

jalgeri wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:54 am That’s what I thought. I remember a few years ago you could always watch the replays on the Stadium website. I still don’t understand why Spectrum won’t show on demand replays. Hawaii is the only program in the country I feel that has no ability to watch replays.
Occasionally a fan will load a game on YouTube and it will be left undisturbed.

I appreciate when links are shared here. That’s called fan braddahood.

jalgeri
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by jalgeri »

I do have ESPN+ and I never see Hawaii games on there. Basically anytime Spectrum is broadcasting the game you cannot watch it on demand which sucks as most of the time the games start at midnight on the East Coast and I cannot stay up that late to watch the entire game. I will try and look at the Mountain West webpage and check. I also really appreciate it when someone posts it on Youtube. Once in awhile I am able to watch it that way. Thanks guys!

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

jalgeri wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:06 am I do have ESPN+ and I never see Hawaii games on there. Basically anytime Spectrum is broadcasting the game you cannot watch it on demand which sucks as most of the time the games start at midnight on the East Coast and I cannot stay up that late to watch the entire game. I will try and look at the Mountain West webpage and check. I also really appreciate it when someone posts it on Youtube. Once in awhile I am able to watch it that way. Thanks guys!
When Spectrum is involved it is nearly impossible for anyone in Hawaii to see the game without purchasing PPV. I guess they are being effective. But my theory is that they have eroded the fan base significantly. There is going to be like an entire generation with no connection to the team. The fans are mostly old people.

Shoko

Post by Shoko »

Found a streaming app for out-of-towners but it's comes at a cost.

"The only streaming option is via the pay-per-view Team1 Sports app, which allows streaming via phone or tablet (not on a desktop or connected TV device such as Amazon Fire, Apple TV or Roku). Upon opening the Team1 Sports app, navigate to the “Channels” screen (located at the bottom right), swipe down to “Hawaii Football” and tap that icon. There is an associated cost."

https://nevadasportsnet.com/news/report ... tball-game#

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

I have the app for free T1 sports app. It works now. In prior years the stream would never actually start. Now it's fine.

Sorry for the blurriness, nothing I could do about that. Tell the Nevada players to slow down.
Oh and I'll be casting it to my Roku stick so I can watch on my TV. Too bad I have no DVR nor DVD recorder now.

Catch the 2nd half!
Go Warriors! Go 'Bows!
ImageImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I watched one Raudi (I think the same contributor here) highlight of the game on YouTube...and it was so...amateurish. Thanks, but no thanks, Raudi. Still, I wish I was there with you. The experience of watching a game on campus must be awesome. KapoleiCoug and a number of other Youtubers used to put together some amazing highlight reels. Now, there's nothing. Both teams playing suck...so what's the point? I guess...but still , I'd watch.

Link
Check out this clip of an 0-5 team winning their first game of the season. The fans stormed the field. LOL...such a difference from Hawaiian fans.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

nice shots of those touchdowns

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I get it, everything is about $$$.

But just want to put this out there in case someone at UH is reading and keep that in mind.

When I was young, I/we could not afford to go to the games. Thinking back, often is because my parents had to work on the weekends too. And when I was an adult, I had to get a second job (Liberty House) on top of my full time job at downtown. I could not wait to get home (riding the Bus) and watch the games on K5 at 10:30pm. I already know/heard who won. Does not matter. Still watched all the games on TV, and stayed pass midnight.

It made me a hard core UH fan.

The point is, UH know how local people survive in Hawaii. Building the fan base, and future fans can pay off bigger than the (short term) $$$ today. I think there should be a rebroadcast of the games, for those who could not go to the games.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:18 pm I get it, everything is about $$$.

But just want to put this out there in case someone at UH is reading and keep that in mind.

When I was young, I/we could not afford to go to the games. Thinking back, often is because my parents had to work on the weekends too. And when I was an adult, I had to get a second job (Liberty House) on top of my full time job at downtown. I could not wait to get home (riding the Bus) and watch the games on K5 at 10:30pm. I already know/heard who won. Does not matter. Still watched all the games on TV, and stayed pass midnight.

It made me a hard core UH fan.

The point is, UH know how local people survive in Hawaii. Building the fan base, and future fans can pay off bigger than the (short term) $$$ today. I think there should be a rebroadcast of the games, for those who could not go to the games.
Locally, there is if it's on Spectrum. It's on the next morning.
ImageImage