*** UH vs Nevada Game Thread ***

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

*** UH vs Nevada Game Thread ***

Post by BigWave96744 »

Offense needs to move the ball like GJ Kinne's offense at Incarnate Word.

Defense needs to play like the SDSU game

If so, Timmy gets his first FBS and MWC win against the team he spent the 5 past seasons at

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: *** UH vs Nevada Pre-Game Thread ***

Post by st808 »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:12 pm
Defense needs to play like the SDSU game
defense might play at a higher level knowing how close they came to winning the game for hawaii.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

I don't know what to say of UH's defense. It has 2 different faces. Against SDST it was evident. The D plays on fire for a while, and in the second half gives up nearly 300 yards. SDST converts 7-16 on 3rd down attempts, holds on to the ball for 36 minutes, and the QB throws for the most yards in a SDST game (322 yards) since 2009 ... applause applause. .. yeah, right. Here's a SDST team that entered the game converting 15% on 3rd downs and against UH converts 44%. Here's a 4th string QB looking like all MWC (what's new, UH's D makes all the opponents top players all MWC). I don't see a close game here. Nevada will end up romping UH by 4 tds.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Let's put things in its proper perspective. Yes, the defense did have one of their better showings, if not the best all year. They shut down a team that had been known be run the ball. I must say that I was impressed because I thought SDSU would run ruff shot over our dline. So kudos to them for much improved dline play. At the same time, we forced them to pass. And with a former safety and a new OC, our defense allowed the pass to beat us. We almost won, but this was against a very handicapped SDSU team with an offense that was fairly vanilla with a few sprinkles. They had been running into QB and coaching issues all the way up until our game. Yes, we played well defensively, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. SDSU still won, and that last drive was fairly easy for them.

With that all said, Nevada is struggling too. They have always had a good run game, and that RB Taua is a bad boy. Unlike SDSU, they have an OC that has been with them all summer and all season. If we are able to stop Taua and the run game......along with bringing home a victory, I just might start to believe that our defense really did turn a corner at SDSU. For now, I'll wait until Saturday night to make that assessment.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

Shoko
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Shoko »

Yeah, Nevada had QB issues that are contributing to the offensive struggles like Hawaii but looks like they settled on Cox, the 6'7" backup to Carson Strong, who can run unlike his predecessor. Might even see AJ Bianco take a few snaps since he's on the travel roster.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

I'm worried that if we stop the run like last week, will Nevada pull the same stunt SDSU did and use Hawaii no TE 10 personnel RnS concepts against us. I rewatched the game and SDSU used 10 personnel almost the entire game... But it was really apparent on that last drive with the bigger RB left in for blocking the Hawaii blitzes. What really bust my olo's is that SDSU had 1 week to install some simple 10 personnel RnS plays with a converted safety as there QB. And that QB actually executed those RnS plays better than Schager. If Nevada watched the film of the SDSU game they will see what I saw, the Hawaii Secondary needs to step it up.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

We need to hold ‘em here to FG. Other forum has linq.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Almost Int

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Great come back for reception

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

I am back on the bandwagon

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Padres trying to rally

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Re: *** UH vs Nevada Game Thread ***

Post by sarvicdar »

It great to see a win. A win shuts up the critics, including myself. What's to remember, though, is that when you tell someone you can't climb the mountain it inspires them to prove you wrong.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

sarvicdar wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:40 pm It great to see a win. A win shuts up the critics, including myself. What's to remember, though, is that when you tell someone you can't climb the mountain it inspires them to prove you wrong.
Maybe they have their own inspiration to win and fans telling them they suck in a blog has really no value to them.

If I was starting on D1 football team, the last thing I would be doing is reading BS from keyboard experts. It would have no value to me.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:53 am
sarvicdar wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:40 pm It great to see a win. A win shuts up the critics, including myself. What's to remember, though, is that when you tell someone you can't climb the mountain it inspires them to prove you wrong.
Maybe they have their own inspiration to win and fans telling them they suck in a blog has really no value to them.

If I was starting on D1 football team, the last thing I would be doing is reading BS from keyboard experts. It would have no value to me.
Well said

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

TheDuke wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:34 am
UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:53 am

Well said
Agreed but sadly, some kids do read these boards.