NFL Roughing the Passer.... What am I missing?

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

NFL Roughing the Passer.... What am I missing?

Post by ulua »

I haven't been keeping up with the NFL much as I work Sun-Thu and I miss all the games, but I did see these 2 roughing the passer calls today on YouTube one was the ATL vs TB and today's game KC vs LV. game
Can someone explain to me why these 2 sacks were called as roughing the passer? the sacks didn't look brutal or anything and I didn't see any altercations after the fact.

Link

Link

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: NFL Roughing the Passer.... What am I missing?

Post by SundayJam »

IDK...as Jack Lambert said...maybe we should put dresses on quarterbacks. And yet, quarterbacks were treated pretty awfully back in the day. And still...Yeah...that call was pretty lame. It looked like Mr. Brady was laid down softly on the dudes lap....and then gently rolled onto the ground. Tua was re-traumatized after an ignored head trauma. Tom Brady was last traumatized by some deflated balls. Yeah...pretty lame.

On the other hand, Marcus Mariota is a boss!!!

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

That ref in the Brady sack play has had multiple questionable roughing the passer calls in the past. In fact Brady should have been penalized for trying to kick the defender as he was getting up. The explanation on the Jones hit was that he landed full force on the QB which I have seen called many times before. I think they're protecting the QBs too much now. Getting harder to watch the game.
ImageImage

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

have a feeling the refs got notice from upper management to protect the qbs after tua got concussed in two consecutive games with no roughing calls. spotlight was directly on refs, teams, and the league in general with all the coverage by non-sports news and social media regarding the tua injury.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

I don't understand why the sacker don't hold up the qb and try for the strip sack more. The qb is trying to throw, so he's not protecting the football.
Yesterday's game between the Raiders and the Chiefs had another bad roughing the passer call. I think they did that so you can't say that only Brady gets a roughing the passer call. After that bad call, the Chiefs got a makeup call. And another one, And another one. And another one against the Raiders.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

ubercow wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:00 am have a feeling the refs got notice from upper management to protect the qbs after tua got concussed in two consecutive games with no roughing calls. spotlight was directly on refs, teams, and the league in general with all the coverage by non-sports news and social media regarding the tua injury.
I have a feeling refs got notice from Vegas :o

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:13 pm
ubercow wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:00 am have a feeling the refs got notice from upper management to protect the qbs after tua got concussed in two consecutive games with no roughing calls. spotlight was directly on refs, teams, and the league in general with all the coverage by non-sports news and social media regarding the tua injury.
Wouldn't shock me....then again, nothing does.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:18 pm
Josh Allen could win a Superbowl this year. A major playah from Wyoming making a difference in the NFL...now that shocks me.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:30 am
Josh Allen could win a Superbowl this year. A major playah from Wyoming making a difference in the NFL...now that shocks me.
:lol: Nice try on the butt-kissing but, THAT wouldn't surprise me. GO WYO!!! Beat the Bows in Hawaii for the 1st time since 1997!!!!

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:30 am

:lol: Nice try on the butt-kissing but, THAT wouldn't surprise me. GO WYO!!! Beat the Bows in Hawaii for the 1st time since 1997!!!!
It was a veiled insult. Wyoming was not worthy of Allen. He and his team are playing lights-out this year.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

SundayJam wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:06 am
wyokie wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:30 am

It was a veiled insult. Wyoming was not worthy of Allen. He and his team are playing lights-out this year.
Like I said. Blame our jackassed HC for not using the offense like he should've in 2016. Wyoming coulda won 12 games that year but...... :roll:

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Brady getting fined for trying to kick Garrett. Good for him.
ImageImage