Taking A Look At The Nevada Game

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Taking A Look At The Nevada Game

Post by sarvicdar »

https://nevadasportsnet.com/news/report ... es-in-2022

Chris Murray is the type of sportswriter I wish the SA had. He's the very best imo. In his article he reviews Nevada's lost to CSU and takes a look at Hawaii. He offers both facts and opinions. The part he wrote about how both HC's meet at midfield before the CSU/Norvell-Nevada game turned into a icy reception makes me ponder if Chang is in store for the same type of slight from the current Nevada HC.

Nevada's season has turned into a dumpster fire with consecutive loses to UNLV and CSU, and takes on a Hawaii team that is on fire at opposite end of the spectrum, too.

This should be a good fight as both teams need a win. UH enters the game with a slight momentum, and Nevada aims to untrack after having it's balloon 🎈 popped the last few games.

Since 2001 both teams have played every year with Nevada leading the series 12-9.

One might say Nevada's UH's biggest rival.

In Rolovich's first season as HC in 2016 the Warriors beat Nevada 38-17. The former Nevada OC took aim in this game, beating his former team at home handidly (as 3 point underdogs). Hopefully Chang can do likewise in his first meeting with his former team (currently UH is a 6 point underdog after opening +4.5). For Chang there will be a lot of corked emotions in this game.

I hope UH wins. I want to eat the crow. We even have another poster willing to go to PetCo and eat the chow if the Warriors win.
Can it happen?😃

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Taking A Look At The Nevada Game

Post by Irse »

Why would Wilson have any problem with Chang?

Nevada is not UH's biggest rival. FSU, SDSU, and even UNLV are probably bigger rivals than Nevada.
ImageImage

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

Irse wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:43 pm Why would Wilson have any problem with Chang?

Nevada is not UH's biggest rival. FSU, SDSU, and even UNLV are probably bigger rivals than Nevada.
With how UH connects with Nevada thru Rolovich and now Chang, I look at Nevada as becoming UH's biggest rival, which can be debatable. But of all the teams mentioned I have fondest memories of UH beating Nevada and Capernick(?) and the egg Nevada laid in its 54-3 loss to UH. As opposed to the other teams I see Nevada moreso UH's twin hence the reason I like this rivalry between the two teams.

The feud between Nevada HC, Wilson, and CSU HC, Norvell, stems over Norvell taking Nevadas players and assistants to CSU. Changs from the Norvell tree and I'm not saying there might be collateral damage here for Chang but I'm eager to see how the two HC's receive each other at midfield before the game. In the article Murray described how Norvell was held back from approaching Wilson, so it sounds that Wilson is stirring bad blood. We'll see.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

When I see Nevada, I still think Rolo.

I recall a side story. Rolo actually noticed Zeno Choi when he was at Nevada. Then Rolo came to Hawaii. Zeno stayed home. Imagine if Rolo stayed at Nevada, the Choi brothers would probably attend Nevada.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

Nevada is horrible this season, compared to the Nevada we are used to seeing in the past. So is Hawaii!!!

Nevada beat New Mexico State at New Mexico State 23-12. Hawaii not so much!!!

Nevada has 2 FBS wins ,1 FCS loss and 3 FBS losses in a row! Hawaii has 1 FCS win, 5 FBS losses and is on a 2 game FBS losing streak.

Nevada will try to do the same thing SDSU and run the ball with Taua... I expect the same type of gameplan as SDSU.

Nevada QB is actually not as good as the SDSU 5th string converted defense safety to QB. So if Hawaii secondary can play lockdown coverage Hawaii get chance to steal this one.

Hawaii plays Nevada better at Aloha Stadium, but no more Aloha Stadium... So hard to say with all that history lost with the Aloha Stadium gone. TC Ching field is not Aloha Stadium, not even close.

If Nevada runs the ball up and down the field on the Hawaii defense Yoro is going to be in deep doodoo!!!

I know Hawaii has opened some eyes after that SDSU triller of a loss. And the MWC teams know it's on, Hawaii is not just going lay down. I expect a gritty, junk yard dogfight game and Hawaii will get another heartbreaking close loss to Nevada!