What Are The Warriors Chances Against SDST?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
ton15t4k
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: What Are The Warriors Chances Against SDST?

Post by ton15t4k »

The Warriors are making progress. I think we finally figured out the right secondary lineup. Changes in the front 7 might help. Give Wyatt and Evaimalo more playing time. I'm not sure how else they can help fix the front 7.

Our o-line will improve with Vanterpool leading the way. Manning played well last game. We have some targets in Philipps and tight ends, and Bowens is back. Our offense is getting more Run and Shoot elements.

Let's go UH. We will likely get blown out. But let's watch as our team improves.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: What Are The Warriors Chances Against SDST?

Post by SundayJam »

UnBiasFan wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:53 am
SundayJam wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:53 am
UnBiasFan wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:12 am Chang was on zero radar screens as HC - zero. Should I repeat that — ZERO teams were seeking him out as HC material.
The same could be said of many successful head coaches in CFB. McMackin and Jones were also unlikely candidates for head coaching jobs when we hired them. Chang is a different hire than Chow and Von Apps. We'll see.
Jones was an NFL head coach. Mac DC for Seahawks. Miami - top college defense in country. Texas Tech - during their best years. Hawaii…
They were both unlikely head coaching choices at the time. Jones was at the end of his NFL career and was promoting an unpopular offense. Mac was a seasoned assistant but was not really HC material. Don't get me wrong, we were lucky to land them both. In my opinion, McMackin was the best possible chance for program building. He was released because Hawaii had unreasonable goals. We couldn't accept losing under acceptable conditions. We got greedy. Jones got greedy. Jones' skills didn't pan out else where.

I still have no idea what to make of TC's potential. If his coaching is anything like his play, I'd say we get chance still.

What are our chances against SDSU? We have a significantly better pass defense matched up against a horrible pass offense. They have one of the best rush attacks in the country, while we have one of the worst rush defenses. We've had two weeks to prepare for a strong, yet simple opponent. They have Jonah Tavai:

SINGLE-GAME BESTS
Tackles: 7 vs. Colorado State (12/5/20)
Tackles For Loss: 3.5 vs. Boise State (11/26/21)
Sacks: 3.0 vs. Boise State (11/26/21)
Forced Fumbles: 1 vs. Hawai’i (11/14/20)

and his brother...

They also seem to have a full set of OL that are 6'5" and 350lbs. It's going to be an interesting game.