What Are The Warriors Chances Against SDST?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Re: What Are The Warriors Chances Against SDST?

Post by bigislandkurt »

Always get chance. Slim as they are, always get chance.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

The good. They kinda tackle like us.
The bad. Their oline pretty good at run blocking. They have a really good fast back who can take it to the house. Their qbs will run for good yardage.

Our offense needs to keep our defense off of the field. Control the ball. No turnovers. Coming off of a bye week I hope to see a huge improvement which could give us a chance to win. But our past shows the games after a bye week to be disappointing. No idea why but I hope that they can turn things around and get a win. And no habut coach.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

SDST averages 14 points a game. But that doesn't mean anything going against UHs defense. For example,
NMST was held scoreless in the first half in its first four games of the season. Against UH NMST scores 35 points in the first half. Can SDST find similar cheese in UHs defense that NMST found? Hopefully Yoro has an answer.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

They have a stadium.
We get to play in a stadium.

As 20 point underdogs on the road. I say we have 5% chance of winning.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Gosh, SDSU scores a lot on special teams. Their special team play is good (lucky?). Their D is good. Our offenses both suck...and yet, we are 20.5 pt underdogs.

IDK, we got rid of the he-makes-me-feel-bad coach for the he-was-a-local-hero coach. The angry coach got us wins. The admins have only ever got us losses...for many seasons...with their rash decisions on coaching changes. What can we make of the first-time, loco-hero coach change? The jury still out.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Tough to get wins in college football. Tougher to get wins when most of your best players who still had eligibility dig out on the team. Coach Timmy gets a pass this year with the extremely short time frame to recruit. I just hope that he can manage to squeeze out a couple of upsets along the way.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

My3Cats wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:55 am Tough to get wins in college football. Tougher to get wins when most of your best players who still had eligibility dig out on the team. Coach Timmy gets a pass this year with the extremely short time frame to recruit. I just hope that he can manage to squeeze out a couple of upsets along the way.
Pay June Jones some simple respect and the transfer portal would have brought in skill positions from mainland and Polynesians in the trenches …. Chang could be on staff. But not with some restriction that he is the local boy in line on a timetable. That is F’d up mentality. This local bull shiit seems to screw us over time and time again.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

UnBiasFan wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:18 pm
Pay June Jones some simple respect and the transfer portal would have brought in skill positions from mainland and Polynesians in the trenches …. Chang could be on staff. But not with some restriction that he is the local boy in line on a timetable. That is F’d up mentality. This local bull shiit seems to screw us over time and time again.
Nuff already with the man-love for Jones. That ship has sailed. He left UH for SMU, pau already, no need to live in the past.

Coach Chang is the new HC, rebuilding the team that Graham left in shambles. You need to chill out, brother, have some patience, UnBias.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:58 pm
UnBiasFan wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:18 pm
Nuff already with the man-love for Jones. That ship has sailed. He left UH for SMU, pau already, no need to live in the past.

Coach Chang is the new HC, rebuilding the team that Graham left in shambles. You need to chill out, brother, have some patience, UnBias.
This is the immediate season where we find out the consequences of the decision by the AD. Do you think if this kind of decision making happened in place like Alabama … there wouldn’t be some fan noise as the program comes apart? The AD would be gone already in any self-respecting football state. Coordinators normally get promoted from within. And if you are going elsewhere to promote a coordinator, he is going to be a proven one. Chang was on zero radar screens as HC - zero. Should I repeat that — ZERO teams were seeking him out as HC material. Braddahood hasn’t sold a single seat. We must hate ourselves. You want to take this kind of chance as an AD then admit your wrong when the portal and bench is empty. We don’t got a stadium anyways. We playing a level down and we are going to get crushed on Saturday because SDSU has a great football program. And great programs bounce back from bad starts. Our program is without a D1 stadium and lost in the cellar with third tier coaches and players. All entirely related to decisions made. In competitive sports, numbers don’t lie. We might not even be competitive in FCS. Yeh, I’ll still watch the game while waiting for Sunday to come.

Example of coaching career path to HC for younger readers:

When Johnson left Hawaii to become the offensive coordinator at Navy in 1995, Niumatalolo went with him as the running backs coach. The following season, Niumatalolo was elevated to offensive coordinator after Johnson left to take the head coaching job at Georgia Southern. While the offensive coordinator at Navy, Niumatalolo tutored quarterback Chris McCoy, who set a Division I-A record in 1997 for rushing touchdowns by a quarterback with 20,[7] a record that was broken in 2007 by Florida's Tim Tebow. On December 12, 2009, at the annual Army-Navy football game, Navy quarterback Ricky Dobbs reclaimed the record with 24 touchdowns in the 2009 season.

Niumatalolo returned to Navy in 2002 when he was hired by Johnson, who had just taken over the head coaching job at Annapolis, as the offensive line coach.[7] Niumatalolo's work helped Navy establish a rushing attack that led NCAA Division I-A/FBS in yards per game in four of his first five seasons back at Navy, including an unprecedented three consecutive seasons leading the nation in that category (2004 through 2006). In 2008, Navy averaged 292.4 yards per game on the ground, leading the nation for the fourth straight year in the category.[8]

This rushing game helped Navy football reach a level of success it had not seen in decades. Navy went 45–29 under Johnson[8] and appeared in a bowl game every year from 2003 through Johnson's last season in Annapolis in 2007. The Mids also won the Commander-in-Chief's Trophy, the annual football trophy contested by Navy, Army and Air Force, from 2003 through 2007.

The 2006 first-class midshipmen (seniors, Class of 2007) went 8–0 against the other academies during their careers at Navy. The Class of 2009 repeated this achievement during the 2008 season with the seventh straight victory over Army and the sixth straight victory over Air Force. Under Johnson, Navy also ended the Mids' long losing streak against Notre Dame in 2007 with a 46–44 triple-overtime win.

Niumatalolo was promoted to head football coach at the Naval Academy on December 8, 2007 by Naval Academy Director of Athletics Chet Gladchuk after Johnson departed for Georgia Tech.[1]

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

UnBiasFan wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:12 am Chang was on zero radar screens as HC - zero. Should I repeat that — ZERO teams were seeking him out as HC material.
The same could be said of many successful head coaches in CFB. McMackin and Jones were also unlikely candidates for head coaching jobs when we hired them. Chang is a different hire than Chow and Von Apps. We'll see.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:53 am
UnBiasFan wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:12 am Chang was on zero radar screens as HC - zero. Should I repeat that — ZERO teams were seeking him out as HC material.
The same could be said of many successful head coaches in CFB. McMackin and Jones were also unlikely candidates for head coaching jobs when we hired them. Chang is a different hire than Chow and Von Apps. We'll see.
Jones was an NFL head coach. Mac DC for Seahawks. Miami - top college defense in country. Texas Tech - during their best years. Hawaii…

I suppose Bill Walsh was an unlikely coach to go back to Stanford after winning three Super Bowls …

Mac’s send off: McMackin resigned from his position of head coach for Hawaii on December 5, 2011, accepting a $600,000 buyout.

Mac was ridiculed by the crappy localism that shows no respect. Hah, very funny. Like I said, numbers don’t lie in competitive sports. How many times I hear the attitude that we better than mainland. Mainland don’t understand.

You think Ken Niumatalolo took that stink attitude to the Naval Academy?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Niumatalolo has done well. Probably the highest paid person in the Department of Defense. But currently #6 on the Coaches Hot Seat with a 1-3 preseason record. Lost to FCS Delaware in their first game.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:08 am Niumatalolo has done well. Probably the highest paid person in the Department of Defense. But currently #6 on the Coaches Hot Seat with a 1-3 preseason record. Lost to FCS Delaware in their first game.
He is not on any realistic hot seat at this point. If they lose to Army, the hot seat will be next year.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

Can you believe that? This is mind boggling. The Warriors are now 22.5 underdogs. Here's a SDST team that's in the mud similarly like Hawaii. Their offense is a wreck, and last I heard the team will be playing their 4th team QB. Defensively SDST has allowed ASU, UT, and Boise to score 35+ points. I can see SDST is playing bad, and realize the Warriors are bad, but really are the Warriors that bad?

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

sarvicdar wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:08 pm Can you believe that? This is mind boggling. The Warriors are now 22.5 underdogs. Here's a SDST team that's in the mud similarly like Hawaii. Their offense is a wreck, and last I heard the team will be playing their 4th team QB. Defensively SDST has allowed ASU, UT, and Boise to score 35+ points. I can see SDST is playing bad, and realize the Warriors are bad, but really are the Warriors that bad?
Anything is possible. I start watching every game thinking we got chance. I think SDSU is going to get momentum with their D. Like Jimmy G’s game. Wasn’t a superstar. But the D put it to the Rams. And the offense was functional.

But again. Anything is possible. Maybe they sorting things out on the bye. Or maybe they worse. We shall see.