Chang Brought Back The Run And Shoot Last Game

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Chang Brought Back The Run And Shoot Last Game

Post by WarriorTyme »

I guess I was the only sucka that was thinking that Timmy would have brought the RnS back from the very beginning. I admit it, I was a sucka for thinking that, but better late than never...Jail Break inside WR screen, Speed Option, shovel pass, delay hand off or trap play to Nasty Nate ilaoa, Regan Mauia, Farmer, Joey Iosefa or Fruit Train. My bad, Hawaii does not hand that big bruising back to punish the defense on the roster yet? I'm getting a little nostalgic and excited about the return of the RnS to Hawaii Football.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I think UH have to grow them big. A few plate lunches should help.

Nate was skinny. Joey Iosefa was supposed to play QB. And Furuta wasn't 250lb too when he started.

Even lesser names such as Steven Lakalaka. He became a "punishing back" at his last senior year.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

I was watching the SDSU last drive breakdown and they ran 10 Personnel no TE, the whole last drive. I was like what the !!!!! SDSU Brady Hoke used Hawaii style RnS 10 personnel to beat Hawaii! Talk about a kick to the kukui's with slap to da face! Hawaii going have to get them next year at home for that move!!

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

WarriorTyme wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:47 pm I guess I was the only sucka that was thinking that Timmy would have brought the RnS back from the very beginning. I admit it, I was a sucka for thinking that, but better late than never...Jail Break inside WR screen, Speed Option, shovel pass, delay hand off or trap play to Nasty Nate ilaoa, Regan Mauia, Farmer, Joey Iosefa or Fruit Train. My bad, Hawaii does not hand that big bruising back to punish the defense on the roster yet? I'm getting a little nostalgic and excited about the return of the RnS to Hawaii Football.
You are not a sucka at all. This is the very reason so many people were pissed when JJ was not hired. Have to admit, I'm still kinda pissed. With JJ, there would have been no question as to what our offense would be. The players would have known from DAY ONE.....get ready. JJ is back.

But no. Didn't happen. Support Timmy. Support the week by week emergence of the R&S. And 'enough with all that "he needs to get his players" stuff people like to often mention. I think that argument is full of holes. JJ would have came in and worked with what he had. Just like he did in his first year the last time.

But that did not happen.

Support Timmy. I'm sure JJ is always a phone call away. Here we go.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

As long as the there is some RnS in Hawaii Football identity, Timmy is heading in the right direction. I know it just barely scratching the surface of installing some RnS concepts but watching the team against Vandy, Western Kentucky, Michigan, Duquesne and New Mexico State play with no true North Star direction from the head coach was painful. Then Timmy actually took ownership of the program by installing his RnS which is the DNA of Timmy and we all know is the DNA of Hawaii Football from High School to College. This is what I expected from the beginning in the Vandy game and when I saw that there was no Timmy in the team and no RnS in the team... I was not very concerned and not excited about what was transpiring. While Hawaii Football is not dominating, Timmy has finally taken ownership and put his imprint on the team. I expect we will see more competitive football and less blow out losses from now on against G5 and below teams.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I get why fans like the RNS. It was exciting. Yes, I remember too. But I'm just wondering why Hawaii need to have RNS or elements of RNS?

I'm not comparing offenses between the past UH coaches from JJ-Mac-Chow-Rolo-TG-TC. I just don't see why UH seems to be "stuck" with RNS. If an offensive scheme does not work, the automatic response is "we should have installed the RNS."

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

Schager could become the next great Hawaii QB like Cole McDonald did by putting in the extra work needed. Cole had extra work during the summer with Bryant Moniz to truly understand the RnS concepts. Shager doesn't have the summer anymore with the installing of the RnS concepts beginning a few weeks ago, but he has to lead the offense and let them know we are meeting up to get in extra reps. Timmy has put his imprint on the team but now it's Schager turn. As the #1 QB his is the DeFacto leader of this team... especially on offense. He should not be asking for the WR/TE if they can stay late or meet up to put in extra reps. He should set a time to meet up and they show up for those extra reps!! If they want to experience more winning Football, they will show up! Timmy already took the ownership of the Hawaii Football program, now it's on you Schager to step up and lead the offense on and off the field. It's time!

The reason why to install Timmy's & Shoemakers hybrid version the RnS is simple. Hawaii Football has always been known for the RnS or a hybrid version of the RnS. The recruits know Hawaii is a high flying RnS attacking team and the college football world know Hawaii is a RnS team. The High Schools in Hawaii run a variation of the RnS... Waianae has turned from a triple option team to a passing attack team. I never thought that would happen in my lifetime. Hawaii High Schools produces tons of talent that lines up with the RnS, which is an advantage for UH to have so much local available talent to pull from. This also decreases the learning curb on offense and defense for local recruits from Hawaii High Schools.

Even recruiting on the mainland and overseas Hawaii can find talent that can excel in the RnS that wouldn't be as good in other systems. This has been proven to be true over and over again over the years. Timmy has said he likes taller long recruits and that work in the RnS hybrid system, just as much as the 5ft 9in smaller WR/RB/Slot. Nobody is saying install a pure version of the RnS but a hybrid version is potent and screams Hawaii Football. This is Hawaii Football identity, and every time Hawaii goes away from the RnS the program doesn't do as well as when it does run the RnS concepts. Think about the best years of UH football and the majority of them had the RnS in it.

Timmy is smart showing old games with him and the other coaches that were on those teams. The young men may have heard about those great Hawaii RnS teams, but they probably never seen any of the games from 20 years ago. Yep, 20 years ago... Now the young men know how the Aloha Stadium was rocking and the RnS Hawaii Football was rolling all over defenses. They saw Hawaii defenses playing fast, tough and flying around hitting everything in sight. This will help connect the young men to what the expectations of what Hawaii Football has been all about and what the coaches like Timmy expect from them. High level execution, all-out effort, clean, fun, winning football. Good move on Timmy and the coaches!

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Nice write up. Thanks.