The DB play was better for one simple reason

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
ton15t4k
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

The DB play was better for one simple reason

Post by ton15t4k »

The DB's played well last game because the right people had more playing time. The coaches need to find the right players to start.

Leonard, Jojo and Thompson were not playing well for the first two games. Haussman, Makaula and Edwards have been getting more playing time for the past few weeks and have been making good plays. Hausmann, Makaula, Edwards, Nelson and Kamana is a decent lineup of DBs. I think as the season goes on, the defense will find the right rotations and players.

As for linebacker, I would like to see more of Wynden Hoohuli. The linebackers are all average; I think this is as good as it gets this year.

The d-lineman seems to be set in their rotations. Blessman is a strong and slow guy with bad hand technique. Tuitupou is a weaker and slightly nimber version of Blessman. Hopefully Mataio will play up to his former level in Arkansas.

The defense will be a strength of the team with the DBs being the leading producers imo.

The offense is a mess. We are not sure who the QB leader is. The wide receivers don't even have enough depth to have two decent starting receivers. Bowens will have to carry this unit when he returns. The lineman is full of experienced seniors starter but maybe it's time to look at the underclassmen. We have more than one running back that can be productive. But we need a running back that can block well during passing situations.

BigWave96744

Re: The DB play was better for one simple reason

Post by BigWave96744 »

:hello1: Pretty much spot on post.

st808_
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: The DB play was better for one simple reason

Post by st808_ »

noticed an improvement in the backfield during the game and mentioned it to my wife and told her they swapped out the safeties and finally made defensive adjustments.