bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Pavihi and Tufaga TD High five.

Post by bigislandkurt »

That was one hell of a highlight. Tufaga pressures the QB....QB throws a pick to Pavihi.....both gallop to the enzone and high five as they score. That will be a highlight these bradduhs will cherish for life.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Pavihi and Tufaga TD High five.

Post by cabanalane »

I bet the coaches tell them to cut that BS out.

True. There was no one around, but some speedy WR could come from the blind side. Considering ball security has been a big issue for everyone, that's too early to celebrate.

Well deserved for #1 Pavihi.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

bigislandkurt wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:05 am That was one hell of a highlight. Tufaga pressures the QB....QB throws a pick to Pavihi.....both gallop to the enzone and high five as they score. That will be a highlight these bradduhs will cherish for life.
That moment was very memorable. The sequence and outcome really gives me hope that our guys can build on these successes.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by bigislandkurt »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:32 am I bet the coaches tell them to cut that BS out.

True. There was no one around, but some speedy WR could come from the blind side. Considering ball security has been a big issue for everyone, that's too early to celebrate.

nah. That was not BS. Nor was there any WR's anywhere close by. Your point about ball security is duly noted. But after all this team has been through, it was a perfect time for a high five. Carry on boys.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

bigislandkurt wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:57 pm
cabanalane wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:32 am I bet the coaches tell them to cut that BS out.

nah. That was not BS. Nor was there any WR's anywhere close by. Your point about ball security is duly noted. But after all this team has been through, it was a perfect time for a high five. Carry on boys.
I saw it as a playmaker being rewarded for making a huge play. We really needed that cushion. Especially after Parson fumbled the football on the kickoff. At the time I wondered why coach would put him on the hands team.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Penei had to atone for his dropped, potential interception earlier in the season. What a way to atone!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None

Post by travo66 »

Just watched the play and was surprised they didn't get flagged for it. With the somewhat recent rule changes, that could've gotten his TD taken away. Glad they're having fun, but they need to save that for when they're in the endzone.
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

The MW highlights are 2 minutes and feature that high five moment at the end.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by bigislandkurt »

travo66 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:44 pm Just watched the play and was surprised they didn't get flagged for it. With the somewhat recent rule changes, that could've gotten his TD taken away. Glad they're having fun, but they need to save that for when they're in the endzone.
I hear you. But what would they have been flagged for? Unsportsmanlike? Excessive celebration? People celebrate big plays all the time.

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None

Post by travo66 »

bigislandkurt wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:03 am
travo66 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:44 pm Just watched the play and was surprised they didn't get flagged for it. With the somewhat recent rule changes, that could've gotten his TD taken away. Glad they're having fun, but they need to save that for when they're in the endzone.
I hear you. But what would they have been flagged for? Unsportsmanlike? Excessive celebration? People celebrate big plays all the time.
For sure, I agree with you, and this was a HUGE play for UH considering how we've been playing, so I understand the excitement. But with how refs can interpret "excessive celebration" to their own whim, I'd feel much better if they high five'd in the endzone instead.
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!