Looks like Sonny Semeatu is looking to transfer

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Looks like Sonny Semeatu is looking to transfer

Post by Irse »

That's too bad I was hoping he could be a real contributor in the future.
https://twitter.com/S4M4ATU/status/1570769105225125893
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Re: Looks like Sonny Semeatu is looking to transfer

Post by BigWave96744 »

Just realized that his last name is Semeatu but UH media shows "Parents are Sonny Seamatu of Ili'ili, American Samoa and Louise Semetau of 'Ewa Beach, O'ahu." :-?

All the best to him in finding a D1 school looking for a 6'0" Dlineman

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

So he didn't buy into the Bruddathhood thing.

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: kalua pig
NBA: kalua pig
NFL: kalua pig

Post by anykine »

maybe his grades was junk.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Fall Semester started less than 1 month ago....so probably unrelated to academics....since he'd still need to be academically eligible in order to transfer to an FBS or FCS program....unless going to a JC.

With the new NCAA transfer portal rules (that just became effective this month), he can't enter the transfer portal (nor are FBS or FCS programs allowed to legally recruit him) until December 2022.

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: kalua pig
NBA: kalua pig
NFL: kalua pig

Post by anykine »

kapakahi wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:11 pm Fall Semester started less than 1 month ago....so probably unrelated to academics....since he'd still need to be academically eligible in order to transfer to an FBS or FCS program....unless going to a JC.

With the new NCAA transfer portal rules (that just became effective this month), he can't enter the transfer portal (nor are FBS or FCS programs allowed to legally recruit him) until December 2022.
everything about this desision doesn’t feel right.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

anykine wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:29 pm
kapakahi wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:11 pm Fall Semester started less than 1 month ago....so probably unrelated to academics....since he'd still need to be academically eligible in order to transfer to an FBS or FCS program....unless going to a JC.

everything about this desision doesn’t feel right.
He's buried on the depth chart and the extra weight has slowed him down, so he's looking for a new opportunity. Good luck, Sonny.
Last edited by Palolo_2LA on Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

al
All-conference
All-conference

Post by al »

Without any game tape his chances of landing are slim getting into a decent program.-

ton15t4k
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ton15t4k »

He might want to transfer to an FCS school if he wants more playing time.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

I remember the Vanderbilt HC kicking 2 players off his team shortly after the game with the Warriors. Both players I thought were forever ostracized and left in the cold as this information was publicized. My question to Chang is if he is faced with terminating a players scholarship for whatever reason (i.e., grades, violations of team/school rules or even the HC's prerogative of trimming the fat from his roster) would he choose to keep it quiet and let the player preserve his dignity instead of throwing said player under the bus and let the player submit his resignation/save face and go on his way/enter the transfer portal.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

sarvicdar wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:59 am I remember the Vanderbilt HC kicking 2 players off his team shortly after the game with the Warriors. Both players I thought were forever ostracized and left in the cold as this information was publicized. My question to Chang is if he is faced with terminating a players scholarship for whatever reason (i.e., grades, violations of team/school rules or even the HC's prerogative of trimming the fat from his roster) would he choose to keep it quiet and let the player preserve his dignity instead of throwing said player under the bus and let the player submit his resignation/save face and go on his way/enter the transfer portal.
TC is a class act, has been a college athlete, college coach and is trying to rebuild the culture, so he'd never air dirty laundry on a player. Remember this kid is only one yr removed from HS.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Half of the team should (want) transfer because they want that playing time. Including Brayden Schager. He was hand picked by Todd Graham to be the next starting QB (and CC knew that.) And now we don't even know if he will start, and debatable. Brayden Schager is the best example of Todd Graham Texas football. But there's a new boss in town.

The old saying of work hard, learn, and maybe you get to play in your senior year is not going to work. IMO, the mentality is if I don't get playing time, I out...

"There is no way, no chance, that others are better than me."

al
All-conference
All-conference

Post by al »

Brayden Schrager has been hurt the past two weeks. Know the facts before starting up this garbage.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Yes he has been hurt, but I don't think UH settled on a starting QB yet, hurt or not. Brayden Schager is not convincing as the starting QB.

As for this garbage, true. I'm sure half of the team feel they should start. If they are not getting playing time, and they believe they should, they may be eyeing the transfer portal. That's looking out for themselves. As much as we believe there is no I in Team, there is a capital I when you spell it out.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Without any playing time, stats or game tape, maybe a junior college might be the best route to get playing time.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.