Is Chang Going To Get His First Win This Week?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Re: Is Chang Going To Get His First Win This Week?

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:44 am Rolovich is unemployable.
Times will change. Hate towards others that think differently will be considered the same kind of prejudice as those that look different. At some point the clown world, cancel culture, we live with now will come to an end. Rolovich will coach again.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I am a Rolo fan and thought he would stay in Hawaii "for life" and retired in Hawaii. He seem like that kind of guy.

I don't think Rolo will coach again. It's not about COVID or politics, but simple concept of "following the rules." Again right or wrong, agree or disagree is not the point. If one is going to "disobey" the rules, then the Admins or AD would not want to deal with that, and embarrass the University. Rolo is a good coach, but not A+ status where Universities will look pass that.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

UnBiasFan wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:24 am
Times will change. Hate towards others that think differently will be considered the same kind of prejudice as those that look different. At some point the clown world, cancel culture, we live with now will come to an end. Rolovich will coach again.
If I were a school athletic administrator, I would look at the lawsuit that Rolo filed against WSU and determine if it had enough merit to the point that I could trust him at the helm of my team.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Rolo will coach again. The college football coaching fraternity is small and people's memories are short. Someone will bring him on staff in the years to come.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Ok, I'll say it...
We Better Not Take _____ ________

Shoko
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Shoko »

wyokie wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:49 pm
Shoko wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:40 pm
Irse wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:38 pm

Last one I remember was Portland State. I think we lost to Florida Atlantic but I don't know if they were FCS.
Yeah, forgot about PSU. That was JJ's second year when he went 3-9. If Timmy ends up lsoing to FCS Duequesne he will be in good company.

Looked up the FAMU loss 2004. They were in the Sun Belt conference.
I checked. Florida Atlantic was NOT in the Sun Belt in 2004. FAU joined the Sun Belt in 2005 as a football only member (the rest of their sports joined in 2006). The Owls were a Division I-AA Independent in 2004.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_A ... filiations
I stand corrected. Was looking at the wrong school. FAMU is Florida A&M..lol

Mental note to self: Stay away from social media when you're intoxicated.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Shoko wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:27 pm
wyokie wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:49 pm
Shoko wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:40 pm

Yeah, forgot about PSU. That was JJ's second year when he went 3-9. If Timmy ends up lsoing to FCS Duequesne he will be in good company.

Looked up the FAMU loss 2004. They were in the Sun Belt conference.
I checked. Florida Atlantic was NOT in the Sun Belt in 2004. FAU joined the Sun Belt in 2005 as a football only member (the rest of their sports joined in 2006). The Owls were a Division I-AA Independent in 2004.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_A ... filiations
I stand corrected. Was looking at the wrong school. FAMU is Florida A&M..lol

Mental note to self: Stay away from social media when you're intoxicated.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Holy Frinkin...<BLEEP> that's the funniest post I've seen in months!!!!! LOLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember being on SH when UH lost to FAU so I was one step ahead of ya.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

bigislandkurt wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:05 am Rolo will coach again. The college football coaching fraternity is small and people's memories are short. Someone will bring him on staff in the years to come.
You are telling the truth, Rolo will coach again... where? Who knows? But after life gets back to some type of normal, he will land a coaching job again. That type of coaching talent will get picked up by some team in the future.

st808_
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by st808_ »

so glad to be back. computer died and after getting another, tried to log in with no success until opening another account under my wife's email. old account was st808. board administrator site was shut down. anyway . . .

it will be good to see a warrior win at home. still a chance of finishing with a winning season and it will start this Saturday night.

go warriors.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

UnBiasFan wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:24 am
The clown world cancelled Collin Kaepernick. Kap thought differently and looked different. Rolo...didn't deliver. He lied. He was an embarrassment in the end. Wazzu didn't have a winning record at Rolo's command. Chang's an open book. We'll see what the former slinger can deliver for Hawaii.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Good point, Rolo was "under performing" at Wash. I recall feeling that he pull this COVID thing so he would not be fired - for football reasons, but rather fired for violation of his "freedom."

Rolo should have stayed in Hawaii for another round of contract.7-10 years in Hawaii would have put him in that "sweet spot" where no one would blame him for leaving for greater opportunity (like Dick Tomey), instead Rolo had to sneak out of town with a late night flight.

And also gain more HC experience.

JJ may be GOAT, but Dick Tomey was that last coach where everything was right for him, Hawaii fans, and did well moving on. Every other coach had some sort of drama or baggage they had to carry after UH.

Or are Happy Days over in today's world.