Is Chang Going To Get His First Win This Week?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

In a week a so we'll be changing seasons into fall, and I hope Saturday's game with D coincides also with Chang turning the page.

This game has a lot of anticipation.

The Warriors need this win.

The fans need this win.

Eventhough D is guppy, a win on Saturday will feel like the team caught a blue fin tuna. I'm not kidding. After watching the Warriors come up empty in its first three games of the Chang era with more question marks than answers, with more bad plays than good and having more disappointment than happiness to land a win against D will feel good.

The Warriors need the blue skies, the rainbows, and the winds back into their sails.

The Warriors, Chang, school and fan base need a smile. I hope the line doesn't snap and the fish doesnt gets away. What says you? Is anyone saving their good champagne for this game?

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Is Chang Going To Get His First Win This Week?

Post by WarriorTyme »

This week Timmy needs to tough love the young Warriors but not as much tough love as Norm Chow or Todd Graham... but still firm tough love! The worst part of the schedule is over and now it's time for the young Warriors to get focused and disciplined. It's Go Time! No more excuses!!!! Pick a figgin starting QB and let's get after it this week, I guarantee Duquesne is getting after it to steal one just like Non P5 Sun Belt conference schools Appalachian State got paid $1.5 million to pound #6 Texas A&M at Kylie Field or Marshall got paid $1.3 million beat down #8 Notre Dame at Notre Dame or Georgia State got paid $1.1 million upset Nebraska at Lincoln Nebraska and Nebraska HC Scott Frost got fired with a 15 million buyout immediately after the game. Hawaii needs to defend home turf, play a clean smart game and dominate!

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

The losses against Vanderbilt, Western Kentucky and Michigan were my expectations, however, the blowouts in the first two games were not. Duquesne I had pegged as the first win. We shall see.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Yes.

ton15t4k
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ton15t4k »

UH has decent running backs that Duquesne should have trouble with. I expect the running game to be the difference as our defense will play well enough for the win.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Just need to block like they did when Hines got the TD. That was one big puka. Fix pass blocking and we should have some open receivers. The defense for now is what it is. I still think that the offense needs to control the ball. But I do expect the D to make some huge plays.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Pick a QB. No turnovers. No stupid penalties. Metagi Thompson: Shake it off and live up to your potential. Don't let life pass you by. You've got this.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Whomever gets the nod at starting quarterback, I hope that their accuracy gets better. Much too waaaaaaaaaay off target in the first three games, with a few exceptions.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Like Chow Time, on Saturday, it's the players that are playing.

The offense doesn't even look in sync. Yellen has to be the starter for UH to have a chance, not because because he is the "best" of the group, but rather he has the most minutes on the field. At this point, it's not about who got the better arm, or faster legs. Just need a fair-average QB that look like he knows what he is doing. Ok, maybe it's the Receivers.

I just want to seem them move the ball, get 1st downs, so feel like get chance. The score does not matter. Meaning if UH looses the game with a score of 35 vs 32, that's a "good" game. They can move the ball, make plays, and just came up short. "We'll get them next time...."

Shoko
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Shoko »

I can't recall that last time Warriors lost to an FCS team. Even doing the Chow years a half decent FCS team like Northern Iowa that made the FCS playoffs that year still couldn't pull off a win.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Shoko wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:45 pm I can't recall that last time Warriors lost to an FCS team. Even doing the Chow years a half decent FCS team like Northern Iowa that made the FCS playoffs that year still couldn't pull off a win.
Last one I remember was Portland State. I think we lost to Florida Atlantic but I don't know if they were FCS.
ImageImage

Shoko

Post by Shoko »

Irse wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:38 pm
Shoko wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:45 pm I can't recall that last time Warriors lost to an FCS team. Even doing the Chow years a half decent FCS team like Northern Iowa that made the FCS playoffs that year still couldn't pull off a win.
Last one I remember was Portland State. I think we lost to Florida Atlantic but I don't know if they were FCS.
Yeah, forgot about PSU. That was JJ's second year when he went 3-9. If Timmy ends up lsoing to FCS Duequesne he will be in good company.

Looked up the FAMU loss 2004. They were in the Sun Belt conference.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Shoko wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:40 pm
Yeah, forgot about PSU. That was JJ's second year when he went 3-9. If Timmy ends up lsoing to FCS Duequesne he will be in good company.

I checked. Florida Atlantic was NOT in the Sun Belt in 2004. FAU joined the Sun Belt in 2005 as a football only member (the rest of their sports joined in 2006). The Owls were a Division I-AA Independent in 2004.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_A ... filiations

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

Shoko wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:40 pm

I would check that comment about Timmy being in good company... If Timmy loses to Duquesne in his first year he would the only Head Coach to do so, even Norm Chow beat FCS Lamar 54-2 on homecoming in his first year 2012. We all remember the mass exodus of players before the 2012 season with Chow taking over and they still pulled a 52 point win. How about Von Appen first year in 1996 beat then FCS Boise State 20-14 for homecoming, later Boise State would prove to be better than expected and join the WAC at the FBS level. Timmy doesn't want to be the only one to take a dump and lose FCS team in his first year as head coach. Thats bad lonely company!!!

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Timmy Chang is unique as a head coach. After some players whined about a daddy-type coach made problematic amid pandemic conditions, we said goodbye to a winning coach. The daddy had a winning record, but the administration wanted a more happy family. Unfortunately, many of the more important members of the family had moved on. Our former, Al Bundy-esque head coach had succeeded with a warm-fuzzy type approach. That same approach hasn't been successful. Rolovich is unemployable. Hawaii is struggling.

Hawaii will absolutely win this week. We have good players and coaches. Could this latest gambit succeed? Idk, but it's certainly a better choice than Von Appen and Chow.