Ohtani or Judge for MVP

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Ohtani or Judge for MVP

Post by Irse »

My vote goes to Ohtani. Judge is having a monster year and the Yankees are doing well but Ohtani has done something never accomplished ever in MLB history. 10 wins and 30 HRs in the same season. He also leads the Angles in most offensive categories as well as most pitching categories. Too bad the Angles stink.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Ohtani or Judge for MVP

Post by shrek2 »

I think if Aaron Judge hits 60 hr this year with a .300 BA, he might be a shoo-in because of the East Coast bias. I don't know how many voters for the MVP actually watched West Coast baseball due to the timing of the night games. I just kinda wonder where Ohtani might be going next year. It would be a killer for me if he went to the Dodgers. :o

Irse

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:40 pm I think if Aaron Judge hits 60 hr this year with a .300 BA, he might be a shoo-in because of the East Coast bias. I don't know how many voters for the MVP actually watched West Coast baseball due to the timing of the night games. I just kinda wonder where Ohtani might be going next year. It would be a killer for me if he went to the Dodgers. :o
I really thought he was going to end up with the Mets at the trade deadline. Angels are a really badly run team.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

It's a bidding war for Judge's services as well but the powerful NY Yankees never lose a star player at their peak.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

gotta wait til the final numbers to decide

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

At this point in the game, it doesn't matter if Ohtani pitches a perfect game or hits 3 home runs in a game, it doesn't matter to the Angels or the team they're playing. The world is watching for #61.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

I think I'd vote Judge with 62. really nice HRs and ERA for Ohtani, if he had a better win/loss record, I would probably go with Ohtani

Irse

Post by Irse »

Judge got player of the year in the AL voted on by the players. Nice honor for him. Wonder where he ends up next year.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

The Giants wanted to try to buy Judge for next year but they're just too cheap to try to get a name player. For me, baseball is watching pitching, power and/or speed in one player or couple of players and there really is no one player to watch so baseball for me is boring watching the Giants.