*** official 2022 UH@Michigan Game thread ***

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *** official 2022 UH@Michigan Game thread ***

Post by poidog »

daddy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:33 pm I agree with you guys. Not a high bar to clear, but it is surprising that our best game of the season so far was tonight against Michigan. Really good effort. Scored a TD which I did not think was going to happen. And put a few bucks in my pocket by covering the spread. No complaints here.
if this team were really bad, they would have came out and not played hard because the first two games had zapped them of their will to compete. That didn't happen tonight. People will overreact to the problems tackling and gripe about the playcalling, but I care more about the fact that they didn't turn the ball over like they did the last two games, punted better, Yellen got a LOT of reps, and the team showed that they haven't given up on the season. With Duquense and the bye week coming up, there's a lot of opportunity to get better.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

Now the real question??? Whose gonna be the QB starter next week if Schager is healthy?

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

poidog wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:20 pm we were overmatched, but we played way cleaner than the last two weeks. progress.
+1

To only have 1 penalty all game in this environment is unbelievable for a team that had a lot of penalties in the first 2 home games

Also for our line to give up only 1 sack all game to the first team Michigan D is awesome

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

I feel a bit better after watching this game, to be honest. A much cleaner game was played than the previous two.

ton15t4k
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ton15t4k »

couz808 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:41 pm Now the real question??? Whose gonna be the QB starter next week if Schager is healthy?
Yellen played an OK game, no picks but no TD's and a few yards. I say Schager still starts but its close. I'm sure Chang has a clear plan now...

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:42 pm Saw opening line for UH from +46 to +50.5
Vegas odds makers are scary accurate :o

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

Got to give Jim Harbaugh some respect, he could have put in his 1st stringers until halftime and had a 60 point lead. But started his 2nd string QB and took out his starters early, played his 3rd string QB with tons of freshman in the 2nd half. This could have been one of those 80-3 games, but Harbaugh showed class and got his back ups some quality game reps against the Hawaii starters. And more importantly didn't annihilate the Hawaii Football players morale with an 80 to 90 point run up the score on National TV.

The Hawaii Football players got the talent to easily blowout Duquesne for homecoming.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:48 am Got to give Jim Harbaugh some respect, he could have put in his 1st stringers until halftime and had a 60 point lead. But started his 2nd string QB and took out his starters early, played his 3rd string QB with tons of freshman in the 2nd half. This could have been one of those 80-3 games, but Harbaugh showed class and got his back ups some quality game reps against the Hawaii starters. And more importantly didn't annihilate the Hawaii Football players morale with an 80 to 90 point run up the score on National TV.

The Hawaii Football players got the talent to easily blowout Duquesne for homecoming.
The rain delay probably helped. Also, our guys were playing hard even though they were not going to make up any ground. I think Harbaugh just felt it was time for the rest of his team to come off the bench and get some game time experience.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I enjoyed the Michigan radio broadcast. They asked TC trivia and UH trivia questions like "what European team did TC play for," and "what four teams share a trophy with UH?" They did say someone interesting that 85 players then 90 players played in the game but it wasn't a record. Their record for most players participating was 116. Hmmm, that's interesting. The scout team played?

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

On an off note Rising Star Hawaii ex defensive coordinator Dave Aranda P5 #9 Baylor Bears lost to Non P5 #21 BYU. Aranda is learning what Hawaii Fans knows about BYU, they are a difficult team to beat year after year. BYU is going to the B12 in the near future and Aranda will have trouble with them every year. welcome to how Hawaii fans feel about BYU.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: *** 2022 UH@Michigan pre-game thread ***

Post by cabanalane »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:34 pm
poidog wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:30 pm
WarriorTyme wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:24 pm Chow ball, run, run, pass, punt...
what do you think they are supposed to do against this bigger, faster defense? throw every down and run no clock?
Throw in some RnS action. Hawaii not going to be able to run the ball against these guys.
Let's look pass the RnS highlights and recall that RnS also include 3 and outs, and interceptions.

vailima
All-conference
All-conference

Post by vailima »

Was actually a very positive game, 1st half was what it was but 2nd half the boys were really trying their best

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

vailima wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:16 am Was actually a very positive game, 1st half was what it was but 2nd half the boys were really trying their best
Very loyal fans. Stadium looked full in second half. They were pulling for the guys coming off the bench. Made it good for our guys.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:23 am
WarriorTyme wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:48 am Got to give Jim Harbaugh some respect, he could have put in his 1st stringers until halftime and had a 60 point lead. But started his 2nd string QB and took out his starters early, played his 3rd string QB with tons of freshman in the 2nd half. This could have been one of those 80-3 games, but Harbaugh showed class and got his back ups some quality game reps against the Hawaii starters. And more importantly didn't annihilate the Hawaii Football players morale with an 80 to 90 point run up the score on National TV.

The rain delay probably helped. Also, our guys were playing hard even though they were not going to make up any ground. I think Harbaugh just felt it was time for the rest of his team to come off the bench and get some game time experience.
I agree, but for those other Hawaii Fans that look for the silver lining in this game... there was no moral victories from this game. Hawaii played Michigan 2nd and 3rd string and a ton of freshman... Jim Harbaugh did not let his boys loose on Hawaii like he did to Colorado State. The entire nation knew Hawaii was no match for Michigan. I would not take any stock in anything about that game, it was Harbaugh classy move that kept this game from being a turnover and penalty fest. Imagine if he just kept his starters in all game or until the 4th quarter? Hawaii team would be frustrated, and we would be having a different conversation.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:48 am
UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:23 am

I agree, but for those other Hawaii Fans that look for the silver lining in this game... there was no moral victories from this game. Hawaii played Michigan 2nd and 3rd string and a ton of freshman... Jim Harbaugh did not let his boys loose on Hawaii like he did to Colorado State. The entire nation knew Hawaii was no match for Michigan. I would not take any stock in anything about that game, it was Harbaugh classy move that kept this game from being a turnover and penalty fest. Imagine if he just kept his starters in all game or until the 4th quarter? Hawaii team would be frustrated, and we would be having a different conversation.
Imagine if he kept his starters in for 4 quarters and one of the linemen on either side of the ball suffers an ankle sprain when the score is like 42-0. How is that helping his team? He took his starters out because that was best for his team. Had nothing to do with being nice or classy. The guy is a jerk.