*** official 2022 UH@Michigan Game thread ***

Post by BigWave96744 »

Saw opening line for UH from +46 to +50.5

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *** 2022 UH@Michigan pre-game thread ***

Post by SundayJam »

Game plan: Play conservatively, don't go for it on 4th down--ever. Have 11 men on the field at all times. Know your responsibility--and get it done. Stop making stupid penalties. Make significant adjustments to the G.D. offensive strategy. Use laser guided balls to the receivers hands. Apply superglue to the ball carriers hands whenever they run it. Do PED's.

Surely, we can't wash, rinse, and repeat forever. This is likely to be a blow-out, but we should do something to lessen the sting. The team now has a very friendly coaching staff. The players are all cozy with each other and feel loved. The fairy tale resurrection has been embarrassed. Get over it. Now, let's play some football. Show them the size of the fight in the dog.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

I never sugar coat my opinion, I watched Michigan man handle Colorado State. Colorado State is better than Hawaii at this early point in the season. The Colorado State QB is a big beefy tough bugga and he took a continuous beatdown from the Michigan defense and ran for his life all game. This a case of Jim Harbaugh coaching/recruiting vs Timmy Chang coaching/recruiting... Schager is one big tough QB and he can handle the pounding that he going to receive if doesn't get rid of the ball quickly. The quick game and screens is Hawaii only chance, maybe a shovel pass like the old RnS days. But to run the ball between the tackles or hold onto the ball for slow developing plays is a recipe for injury to the QB and RB's. Make no mistake Michigan is bigger, stronger, faster run stop blitzing defense. They probably only need to rush 4-5 and drop 6-7 in coverage to keep the Hawaii Offense in check.

The Michigan offense is a run first pound it down your throat type offense with play action for the big gain. Reminds me of the San Fransico 49ers offense. The Hawaii defense will have to play a bend but don't break style of defense, rarely blitzing as to keep everything in front of them. Hoping that Michigan will make a mistake during it's offense drives. Hopefully, keeping the score to under 40 point blowout loss, but most likely it will be worst than Colorado State 51-7 44 point blowout loss.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

It’s similar to having a Madden team with 60-70 level players and going against a team with 80-90 level players.

You can try to pause the game or hope the other guy has internet problems. Maybe you throw it to the running back.

I think the best strategy is to employ a full back and put your running back in the wildcat and just run dive plays. Then after you go three and out, punt. Maybe get lucky on special teams with a muff and get a field goal. We need to get an Australian punter. Remember the guy that punted knuckle balls? Final score 64-3.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

We better not take them lightly.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:42 pm Saw opening line for UH from +46 to +50.5
I remember when they wouldn’t have a line for a game like this. I’d be happy if they beat the line.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

WarriorTyme wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:10 am
The Michigan offense is a run first pound it down your throat type offense with play action for the big gain. Reminds me of the San Fransico 49ers offense. The Hawaii defense will have to play a bend but don't break style of defense, rarely blitzing as to keep everything in front of them. Hoping that Michigan will make a mistake during it's offense drives. Hopefully, keeping the score to under 40 point blowout loss, but most likely it will be worst than Colorado State 51-7 44 point blowout loss.
I think UH is just a small team. On last week's game, someone said the average height of Western Kentucky is 6'4". Lot of big guys. What's the average height of UH?

Kind of like Roosevelt going up against Farrington. Size does matter.

daddy
Starter
Starter
MLB: Kansas City Royals
NFL: Chiefs and any team w/CB

Post by daddy »

I'm going to bet UH to cover, on principle. However, I fully expect Michigan to cover that number. I'll be impressed if we score. Probably gonna be around 70-3, 60-7, possibly 63-0 type of a score.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

I just hope the Warriors play to the best of their abilities. The team will get steamrolled, rocked, and smashed by Michigan. That's reality. It is what it is. What I don't want to see are the players giving Hawaii a bad name by taking cheap shots, shooting off their mouths, talking thrash, and getting personal fouls. A lot of eyeballs will be watching this game and the last thing Chang and the schools needs are the tv announcers saying what an unsportsman like team Hawaii has. That's a bad image the Warriors need to avoid. The lopsided score will be one thing, but I hope it's not compounded by the players getting selfish like penalties like in the Warriors first 2 games and looking like a group of undisciplined, and uncoached players and rogues. This game for Hawaii is trying to achieve moral victories, getting a few stops on defense and having a couple of nice drives. I imagine the kickoff return team and punting teams will see a lot of action and my hope is that this phase gets valuable reps in. About going for it on fourth down I say go for it, especially if it's for short yardage. The team needs to get valuable reps in as it look forward to league play.

If anyone is interested in watching the game Fubo carries the Big10 network (in fact it carries all the popular networks), and if you are first time subscriber the first week, I believe, is free.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

sarvicdar wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:23 am I just hope the Warriors play to the best of their abilities. The team will get steamrolled, rocked, and smashed by Michigan. That's reality. It is what it is. What I don't want to see are the players giving Hawaii a bad name by taking cheap shots, shooting off their mouths, talking thrash, and getting personal fouls. A lot of eyeballs will be watching this game and the last thing Chang and the schools needs are the tv announcers saying what an unsportsman like team Hawaii has. That's a bad image the Warriors need to avoid. The lopsided score will be one thing, but I hope it's not compounded by the players getting selfish like penalties like in the Warriors first 2 games and looking like a group of undisciplined, and uncoached players and rogues. This game for Hawaii is trying to achieve moral victories, getting a few stops on defense and having a couple of nice drives. I imagine the kickoff return team and punting teams will see a lot of action and my hope is that this phase gets valuable reps in. About going for it on fourth down I say go for it, especially if it's for short yardage. The team needs to get valuable reps in as it look forward to league play.

If anyone is interested in watching the game Fubo carries the Big10 network (in fact it carries all the popular networks), and if you are first time subscriber the first week, I believe, is free.
I agree with everything you said, but add in no major injuries... the Hawaii football players need to get out of the big house of Michigan intact for the Duquesne game.

ton15t4k
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ton15t4k »

sarvicdar wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:23 am I just hope the Warriors play to the best of their abilities. The team will get steamrolled, rocked, and smashed by Michigan. That's reality. It is what it is. What I don't want to see are the players giving Hawaii a bad name by taking cheap shots, shooting off their mouths, talking thrash, and getting personal fouls. A lot of eyeballs will be watching this game and the last thing Chang and the schools needs are the tv announcers saying what an unsportsman like team Hawaii has. That's a bad image the Warriors need to avoid. The lopsided score will be one thing, but I hope it's not compounded by the players getting selfish like penalties like in the Warriors first 2 games and looking like a group of undisciplined, and uncoached players and rogues. This game for Hawaii is trying to achieve moral victories, getting a few stops on defense and having a couple of nice drives. I imagine the kickoff return team and punting teams will see a lot of action and my hope is that this phase gets valuable reps in. About going for it on fourth down I say go for it, especially if it's for short yardage. The team needs to get valuable reps in as it look forward to league play.

Hawaii is already been blown out twice. I don't expect the Warriors to all of sudden act unprofessionally in Michigan.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Play with pride. Play with purpose. Play smart. No stupid penalties, especially of the personal foul type. Come home relatively injury free. Live to play another day.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Per Rob DeMello, Yellin is QB1, Farrell is QB2 due to an undisclosed injury to Schager

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:20 am Per Rob DeMello, Yellin is QB1, Farrell is QB2 due to an undisclosed injury to Schager
Wanted Schager to sit out this game. No use in getting more banged up. The Duquesne game may be big now. Could be our only win.
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Take the redshirt Schager. Come back next year (TC-Year 2), when things are better.

Farrell deserve to play for wearing the headset for some many years, but what does this mean for Cooper? Dog house?