*** Official Chevan Cordeiro Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Chevan Cordeiro thread!!!

Post by couz808 »

EITSwarrior wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:17 pm Do we really need a thread on him? He’s doesn’t wanna be a Warrior.
That’s why he’s in this category and not in the UH football category. Still weird to see him in a San Jose uniform.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

He also choked on 3rd and 4th down, very short, red-zone attempts late in the game. Portland State needed to do something from their own one...and came up short. The Spartans made good on the short field to end the game. They could've tied the game with a field goal too. This kind of reminds me of the time when Rolo and Aranda went over to the enemy after Chow rejected them. Wait...Chevan voluntarily left Hawaii. Awe.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

couz808 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:25 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:17 pm Do we really need a thread on him? He’s doesn’t wanna be a Warrior.
That’s why he’s in this category and not in the UH football category. Still weird to see him in a San Jose uniform.
Yeah still…….. it’s not healthy checking in on an ex who left you.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Watching Chevan play against Auburn made some things very clear

Post by Palolo_2LA »

1. His accuracy obviously hasn't changed, but the SJSU WRs high point the ball, run crisper routes - UH WRs aren't running crisp routes, definitely not high pointing balls and not battling to make plays ( last yr and this yr)

2. Chevan's running ability would have help UH this yr - 13 and 18 move like statues. #FreeCooper

3. His OL play allowed him to make decisions- UH OL is questionable at best. #FreeZhen

4. All those Chevan haters going to eat crow when he torches UH. Don't say I told you so.
Last edited by Palolo_2LA on Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Watching Chevan play against Auburn made some things very clear

Post by EITSwarrior »

Like I said on the other Chevan thread, stop watching your ex who left you. Its not healthy. Remember he choose to leave.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

EITSwarrior wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:18 am Like I said on the other Chevan thread, stop watching your ex who left you. Its not healthy. Remember he choose to leave.
I'm making observations and addressing the haters. Also, comparing the obvious differences in play of WRs and OL. Of course, I watch Chevan, like I watch other local boys on different teams in the pros or college.

Seems like you have fresh wounds from an ex!?

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:25 am
EITSwarrior wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:18 am Like I said on the other Chevan thread, stop watching your ex who left you. Its not healthy. Remember he choose to leave.
I'm making observations and addressing the haters. Also, comparing the obvious differences in play of WRs and OL. Of course, I watch Chevan, like I watch other local boys on different teams in the pros or college.

Seems like you have fresh wounds from an ex!?
Yeah it’s fresh cause people keep posting about him. Saw more post about the San Jose-Auburn game in the Hawaii-Michigan game thread than the actual Hawaii game. Let’s move on Hawaii fans.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

I'm no hater. But for all intents and purposes, I hope UH smashes San Jose....and Chaven. Again, not a hater, just a full-blown UH Warrior fan.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I did watch CC's first game. UH clearly miss his running abilities, when the pass is not there. Even if SJ was to win, it won't be because CC "torched UH." SJ have a lot of good things going for them. Let's start with Brent Brennan.

On the flip side, I don't wish UH come up for a mean hit from the blind side, to hurt him. Hawaii should not send that kind of Aloha to one of our own.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

cabanalane wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:47 pm I did watch CC's first game. UH clearly miss his running abilities, when the pass is not there. Even if SJ was to win, it won't be because CC "torched UH." SJ have a lot of good things going for them. Let's start with Brent Brennan.

On the flip side, I don't wish UH come up for a mean hit from the blind side, to hurt him. Hawaii should not send that kind of Aloha to one of our own.
Side bet that Chevan has better stats than #13 0r #18?

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

This departure was not a smart move by Chevan. Let's take a look at the stat's in the Auburn game:

*Chevan did not throw or run a TD.

*Chevan netted 23 yards rushing on 13 attempts. He was sacked 3 times.

*The leading scorer for SJSU was the field goal kicker.

*SJSU won the turnover battle two interceptions to none.

*Auburn beat the Mercer Bears in the first game of the season 42 - 16. (SJSU...24 - 16) Who are the Mercer Bears?

*Auburn's record the past two years under a new coach are: 6 - 7 and 6 - 5.

I also follow former players that left the program for 'greener' pastures. This is a first though, where they leave to an equal rival. Former assistant coaches did also. However, I couldn't blame Rolo or Aranda doing the same for Nevada and Utah State, because coach Chow and UH just dumped them. I know Chevan is good...just like I knew Rolo and Aranda were good...well, Aranda turned out to be great. But, is Chevan all that? Did we deserve this? No. He, as a former team leader, is largely to blame for our current situation.

Hawaii has produced a statistically significant amount of awesome quarterbacks. Chevan is average. He was good enough to start when Cole McDonald left the program early. He ran the ball an awful lot. In his two years as a starter, he threw for 2k per year. He passed a total of 6,681 yards and ran for 1,106 over the past 5 years. This year he is 39/70 for 514 yards and one TD. He has not thrown a pick and has rushed for two TD's. He's not bad.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:18 pm
cabanalane wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:47 pm I did watch CC's first game. UH clearly miss his running abilities, when the pass is not there. Even if SJ was to win, it won't be because CC "torched UH." SJ have a lot of good things going for them. Let's start with Brent Brennan.

Side bet that Chevan has better stats than #13 0r #18?
No doubt you would win. But I would not take that bet. CC has been playing college football for ~4 years now? He'll be one of those that will play for 6 years.

#13 and #18 barely have total minutes on the field of more than 2-3 games.

But to quote this:
SundayJam wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:39 am He, as a former team leader, is largely to blame for our current situation.
Well said, true.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:39 am This departure was not a smart move by Chevan. Let's take a look at the stat's in the Auburn game:

*Auburn beat the Mercer Bears in the first game of the season 42 - 16. (SJSU...24 - 16) Who are the Mercer Bears?

I also follow former players that left the program for 'greener' pastures. This is a first though, where they leave to an equal rival. Former assistant coaches did also. However, I couldn't blame Rolo or Aranda doing the same for Nevada and Utah State, because coach Chow and UH just dumped them. I know Chevan is good...just like I knew Rolo and Aranda were good...well, Aranda turned out to be great. But, is Chevan all that? Did we deserve this? No. He, as a former team leader, is largely to blame for our current situation.

Hawaii has produced a statistically significant amount of awesome quarterbacks. Chevan is average. He was good enough to start when Cole McDonald left the program early. He ran the ball an awful lot. In his two years as a starter, he threw for 2k per year. He passed a total of 6,681 yards and ran for 1,106 over the past 5 years. This year he is 39/70 for 514 yards and one TD. He has not thrown a pick and has rushed for two TD's. He's not bad.
275 yes passing , 23 rush = 300 total offense against Auburn.

13 or 18 would have negative rushing yds. Come on, man!

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:02 am
SundayJam wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:39 am This departure was not a smart move by Chevan. Let's take a look at the stat's in the Auburn game:

!3 or 18 aren't running QBs. It's not expected of them. I don't expect Tom Brady to outrush Lamar Jackson. Come on, man!

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:02 am

Mercer Bears qb vs Auburn: Fred Payton 21/36 197yds 2td 1 sack

Chevan Cordeiro 24/40 275yds 0td 3 sacks

Take away the 40yd pass and the yardage is similar. However an FCS team scored two passing TD's against Auburn. Coincidentally, Auburn threw 2 picks in each game. I like Chevan, but he has a lot of issues. Even at Hawaii he had his off games. He has only scored one td this year, placing him 105th, and his qbr ranking is 97th. His yardage: 44th.

Yeah, he's amazing... Come on, man!