*** Official Chevan Cordeiro Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Chevan Cordeiro In Transfer Portal

Post by EITSwarrior »

With all the additional QB transfers across the CFB landscape, who were starters at one point in the season or currently mind you (Spencer Rattler, Dillon Gabriel, Adrian Martinez, Bo Nix, Kedon Slovis, Max Johnson) I have to ask again...... Is it really a big deal that CC transferred out that some local fans and media made it out to be? With the ability to transfer easier than ever I am not surprised one bit by the amount of transfers.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

I memba a local high school wide receiver who decided to play for BYU. He got booed whenever he got thrown the football at Aloha Stadium. Will San Jose St. have the same kind of reaction?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:39 pm I memba a local high school wide receiver who decided to play for BYU. He got booed whenever he got thrown the football at Aloha Stadium. Will San Jose St. have the same kind of reaction?
I would not boo Chevan. He committed, and played for the Warriors and gave it his all. That other guy (Micah Matsuzaki) spurned UH after being recruited by the home team. I booed him back then.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Micah Matsuzaki did made the right decision by going with BYU as BYU was the better team on the rise, at the time in the late 80s. Yes, UH beat them twice back to back, but no doubt Micah Matsuzaki made the correct decision to give him that better chance at the pro level.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/SanJoseStateFB/status/1471211392615084034

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

TheDuke wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:06 am sorry how he handled the whole transferring issue is Chicken$hit. If he had personal reason's for leaving have your peace with the coaches and transfer. His actions was to tear down a program and the fans that gave him 4 years of financial aid and fan support. Basically he abandoned his team, his team mates, the school and the State and created controversy while tearing down Warrior football.

Personally I was never a CC fan. His stats weren't that good. Efficiency poor. He was inaccurate but he was the best that we had the last two years. His consistency was really bad. His deep ball was poor and he missed a lot of open receivers.

As a fan he let me down in many games that we could have won. As a leader he's let his team down, his team mates down and now the people of Hawaii down. Some players can't handle tough love. I didn't see a QB leading with confidence this year. He always gave me the feeling that the pressure of the game was getting to him. His post game conferences were lacking.

I agree with you. I think he would have have to battle to starting job next season. I also think he was sick of Bo calling the worst games I have ever seen

XLT1000
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: none
NBA: none
NFL: none

Post by XLT1000 »

So is he in Hawai'i now where his parents live or did he have to relocate and find some place in San Jose State, California? You know? There's going to be bills coming in. What's his story there? I want to know. Must be the parents or his sponsors. Like the parents or relative. Because he only played football at St. Louis High School. I don't think you can write off the expenses at St Louis. That's that.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

XLT1000 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:08 pm So is he in Hawai'i now where his parents live or did he have to relocate and find some place in San Jose State, California? You know? There's going to be bills coming in. What's his story there? I want to know. Must be the parents or his sponsors. Like the parents or relative. Because he only played football at St. Louis High School. I don't think you can write off the expenses at St Louis. That's that.
Since he transferred to SJSU, I would imagine he's in San Jose and on scholarship. So his room and meals paid for as well as tuition.
ImageImage

XLT1000
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: none
NBA: none
NFL: none

Post by XLT1000 »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:39 pm I memba a local high school wide receiver who decided to play for BYU. He got booed whenever he got thrown the football at Aloha Stadium. Will San Jose St. have the same kind of reaction?
Are you on drugs now? This is a professional blog. Coherent in english and computers. What's up with you?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

XLT1000 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:13 pm
Are you on drugs now? This is a professional blog. Coherent in english and computers. What's up with you?
and you are new to this site so who are you to tell people how they are supposed to post?
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

gpmcconnell wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:17 pm
TheDuke wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:06 am sorry how he handled the whole transferring issue is Chicken$hit. If he had personal reason's for leaving have your peace with the coaches and transfer. His actions was to tear down a program and the fans that gave him 4 years of financial aid and fan support. Basically he abandoned his team, his team mates, the school and the State and created controversy while tearing down Warrior football.

Personally I was never a CC fan. His stats weren't that good. Efficiency poor. He was inaccurate but he was the best that we had the last two years. His consistency was really bad. His deep ball was poor and he missed a lot of open receivers.

As a fan he let me down in many games that we could have won. As a leader he's let his team down, his team mates down and now the people of Hawaii down. Some players can't handle tough love. I didn't see a QB leading with confidence this year. He always gave me the feeling that the pressure of the game was getting to him. His post game conferences were lacking.

I agree with you. I think he would have have to battle to starting job next season. I also think he was sick of Bo calling the worst games I have ever seen
There's no need to talk about Bo anymore, so I'll leave it there.

Outside of the TG issues, CC knew he would have to "battle" for the starting job, and the writing was perhaps on the wall that TG wanted to go a different direction. Reminds me of Dru Brown. Not the best, but wasn't that bad. I'll even say he was good (like CC). Brown gave up his starting job, what it looked like to us.

Now all this is history, I applaud CC, he left, said nothing, without airing out any garbage. Does he owe UH anything, nope. We owe him a thanks for winning the games, giving it his best, and a few times he rescued Cole McDonald (and Rolo), with those miracle passes.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

If you're upset because I use the word "memba" in my post. "Memba" was a catch phrase word for a recurring Conan O'Brien bit. "Memba" is just short for remember these pop culture references.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:19 pm
If you're upset because I use the word "memba" in my post. "Memba" was a catch phrase word for a recurring Conan O'Brien bit. "Memba" is just short for remember these pop culture references.
:lol: Now I know why you said what you did on the other thread. :lol: Maybe some people need to get off their high horse or high chair. One or the other. :lol:

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Chevan Cordeiro thread!!!

Post by couz808 »

He’s playing really good for San Jose granted it’s against Portland state. Threw a TD pass and also he ran for 32 yard TD. Sorry it’s just weird.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Chevan Cordeiro thread!!!

Post by EITSwarrior »

Do we really need a thread on him? He’s doesn’t wanna be a Warrior.