*** Official Chevan Cordeiro Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
uhwarriors

*** Official Chevan Cordeiro Thread ***

Post by uhwarriors »

This is the news I had heard was going to happen, but was hoping it would not. The shoe has now dropped. There are serious problems in the football program when your captain and starting QB is leaving along with a host of other players.
https://twitter.com/chris_hummer/status/1466150425850220552 https://twitter.com/iam_clcxii/status/1466153892039692289

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Chevan Cordeiro In Transfer Portal

Post by Irse »

Too bad. Would have liked to see him finish out his career here.
ImageImage

202Warrior
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 202Warrior »

What is going on Coach Graham? Huge loss, but I understand. It’s good to leave home and experience life. Be great, and win everyday, Chev! Thanks for being a Warrior! Continue to represent the 808 in a positive way!

FatJeff
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by FatJeff »

Sadly I think this is just the beginning...

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

this is why hiring the right coach is so critical. If you miss, the damage goes on for years.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

hope this does not affect aj bianco's commit to u.h. at 6'3" and 230#, he may still be growing and is the nfl prototype qb hawaii needs to compete with elites.

good luck chevan.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

st808 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:02 pm hope this does not affect aj bianco's commit to u.h. at 6'3" and 230#, he may still be growing and is the nfl prototype qb hawaii needs to compete with elites.

good luck chevan.
Frankly, the St. Louis HS pipeline has been severely damaged and I think Bianco will go elsewhere.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

https://twitter.com/c_shimabuku/status/1466159289517572097

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

I haven’t felt this feeling ever since June and rolo left.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

we've seen how the departure of a coach can affect recruits: oklahoma's head coach lincoln riley abruptly resigned and is now the head coach at usc. recruits de-committed from oklahoma and some are following riley.

we are now witnessing how the retention of a coach can affect current players. hope this does not cascade to include commits. next year graham will have his recruits lined up to take major playing time in his preferred offense. chevan and others probably felt their tenure was about to be eclipsed and are shopping for a program that can showcase their football skills better.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

There's a lot of bleeding here. Somebody can start a G-5 conference starting team with the transfer portal. I guess it must have been announced that Bo was coming back.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I just started to be a CC fan.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Never a good thing when the local starting QB and team captain leaves the program. 2nd year in a row that a team captain (RB Miles Reed) leaves the program.

https://www.khon2.com/sports/hawaiis-st ... er-portal/ https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1466154964430962689

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

Chevan was never going to excel in this type of offense. Graham needs to get a pro style QB and possibly a second co offensive coordinator in order to make this offense work.

Its hard for Hawaii fans to accept but the Run N Shoot won't come back with Graham so hopefully Graham can find players that are suitable to his style of offense.

I still believe in Todd Graham and I hope for better days ahead.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Egonator wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:13 pm Chevan was never going to excel in this type of offense.
This is a good question, what does success for Chevan looks like? GOAT Colt? Timmy Chang? Cole McDonald? I still can't figure it out.

I thought he was doing well in TG's offense, becoming a legit dual threat QB. I would almost put it with Garrett Gabriel learning the Triple Option. GG was Tomey's pick, not Bob Wagner's

Looking back the season, so 1-2 more wins + Bowl, the story line would be different.