*** Official UH vs WKU Game Thread ***

Post by BigWave96744 »

Wonder if Big Red is coming :D

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: *** Official UH vs WKU pregame thread ***

Post by cabanalane »

How to watch for the mainland guys? It's on Spectrum only.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

If Timmy doesn't get this tightened up, Western Kentucky might come in and hang 50 points and win by 30. I mean wow, that Vandy game was a disgrace to disgrace.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cfn ... 50891.html

Hoping for the best Saturday. I hope there's changes in the defense at LB, S and that there's improvement at pass blocking at TE (especially Philips) and RB positions (especially Hines). I agree with the observations that the Warriors should have run the ball more against Vandy. The guards and center were run blocking good. AH and BW had their first starts (82 snaps) and did pretty well considering that it was their first action. Both should get better. I hope to see BS stretch field deeper. Those 8 pass attempts behind the LOS for 4 yards in the Vandy game was laughable. If this game gets away I hope the coaches see what the other QB can do. I wouldn't mind seeing Farrel or Cooper. The special teams coach comes in with a lot of hype so hope to see some fireworks-something. The above link (came out a few days ago) names a Hawaii player to the first team. I think you will be surprised. I was. Anyway I hope it's a good game. If anyone has a listing of establishments televising the Hawaii please let me know.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

In Week 0, WKU ONLY lead FCS Austin Peay 21-20 going into the 4th Qtr.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Does WKU have a RB in their lineup?
According to Tsai’s post in the SA he lists 5 receivers in the line up and no RB
I’m assuming this is a typo and one of the WR is actually a RB?
I can’t see an offense running an empty set 100% of the time
WESTERN KENTUCKY OFFENSE

WR—0 Jaylen Hall 6-3 180 Gr.

WR—11 Malachi Corley 5-11 210 So.

WR—17 Dalvin Smith 6-3 190 Fr.

WR—4 Michael Mathison 5-10 180 Jr.

WR—7 Daewood Davis 6-2 195 Sr.

LT—76 Mark Goode 6-6 300 So.

LG—78 Quantavious Leslie 6-3 310 So.

C—53 Rusty Staats 6-4 310 Jr.

RG—64 Vincent Murphy 6-2 305 So.

RT—75 Gunner Britton 6-6 305 Jr.

QB—16 Austin Reed 6-2 230 Gr.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Go Warriors!
ImageImage

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

cabanalane wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:40 am How to watch for the mainland guys? It's on Spectrum only.
https://www.team1sports.com/

You have to download the app on your smart device only.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

As the saying goes that the team makes it's biggest jump in improvement is between week 1 game to the week 2 game. Or in Hawaii case week 0 game to week 1 game. This should be a more competitive game, probably going to be a better ball security run heavy offense with the QB running to keep the defense honest (Around an 70% run plays to 30% pass plays ratio). The defense will tighten up and make better plays than week 0, there will be an improvement by how much is TBD.

Shoko
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: *** Official UH vs WKU Game Thread ***

Post by Shoko »

Hilltoppers have a good QB in Austin Reed. Despite the slow start Reed threw for 279 yards and 4 TDs. Their run game looks pedestrian considering they only averaged 3.4 yards pounding it against an FCS opponent. Dunno about their run D but I think we should pound the ground and test it and if it's a weakness, we should continue exploit it. We can control the clock and keep the defense rested and minimize offensive possessions.

I think I'm more worried about the pass defense with this QB who can sling it. If Chang still using the 2-QB system, maybe start Yellen then Schager in the second half since the QB competition is neck and neck.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

couz808 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:38 pm
cabanalane wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:40 am How to watch for the mainland guys? It's on Spectrum only.
https://www.team1sports.com/

You have to download the app on your smart device only.
Mahalo.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

16.5 point underdog. If we don't win, I'm hoping we at least beat the spread and look better than last week.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:33 am As the saying goes that the team makes it's biggest jump in improvement is between week 1 game to the week 2 game. Or in Hawaii case week 0 game to week 1 game. This should be a more competitive game, probably going to be a better ball security run heavy offense with the QB running to keep the defense honest (Around an 70% run plays to 30% pass plays ratio). The defense will tighten up and make better plays than week 0, there will be an improvement by how much is TBD.
I think Parson fumbled twice because he wasn't getting hit a lot in fall camp. They didn't want him to get injured in the scrimmages, so he didn't have a lot of live reps.

Schager and Yellen are definitely not runners and won't make many plays with their legs. Cooper is the only running threat at QB, but he is really inconsistent throwing. Eddins can run too but he doesn't have a strong arm and he's too far down the depth chart.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

uhwarriors wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:45 pm 16.5 point underdog. If we don't win, I'm hoping we at least beat the spread and look better than last week.
We will win. Guarins. The spread is the motivation.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Wyokie? Wat?