bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Thoughts on the QB’s.

Post by bigislandkurt »

It was a rough game last night to say the least. At least from the limited sample we have, I still prefer Shager. Yellen came out firing, but he sputtered. Don’t know if perhaps he got injured or just rattled, but the more he played, the worse he looked. Toward the end, he was throwing some ducks. After game 1, I still prefer Shager.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Thoughts on the QB’s.

Post by TheDuke »

QBs are ok. Defense is an issue, no speed. No pass rush.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Would have like to see Cammon Cooper get some snaps last night. I think his mobility can open up the run game more and then we can run more effective play-action off that.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:24 am Would have like to see Cammon Cooper get some snaps last night. I think his mobility can open up the run game more and then we can run more effective play-action off that.
I was surprised that Schager came back in at the end, I would have thought Cammon would have gotten some playing time just to see what he could offer as well.

This is probably going to be a long season, I expected it would be with the loss of multiple defensive and offensive starters as we have a ton of new guys, and TC being
a Rookie Head Coach, so there will be a lot of growing pains, I'm hoping hes staff has enough experience to help guide him and show him the way. and also TC will
need time to get his guys as well. We as fans can't give up we need to keep supporting the team, as things won't happen overnight or in one season, I just want to see improvement from the players and coaches.

I just hope we can stick with TC we need to stop the Head Coaching Carousel that has been going of for the last few years, we need stability.
I just want to see some consistency, which will benefit the team/players as going through so many different HC and then having to keep learning
new D/O schemes must be difficult and frustrating for the player.

I'm just looking to see this team / coaches to improve game by game and become more competitive as the season goes on.

Go Bows!!

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

ulua wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:06 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:24 am Would have like to see Cammon Cooper get some snaps last night. I think his mobility can open up the run game more and then we can run more effective play-action off that.
I was surprised that Schager came back in at the end, I would have thought Cammon would have gotten some playing time just to see what he could offer as well.

This is probably going to be a long season, I expected it would be with the loss of multiple defensive and offensive starters as we have a ton of new guys, and TC being
a Rookie Head Coach, so there will be a lot of growing pains, I'm hoping hes staff has enough experience to help guide him and show him the way. and also TC will
need time to get his guys as well. We as fans can't give up we need to keep supporting the team, as things won't happen overnight or in one season, I just want to see improvement from the players and coaches.

I just hope we can stick with TC we need to stop the Head Coaching Carousel that has been going of for the last few years, we need stability.
I just want to see some consistency, which will benefit the team/players as going through so many different HC and then having to keep learning
new D/O schemes must be difficult and frustrating for the player.

I'm just looking to see this team / coaches to improve game by game and become more competitive as the season goes on.

Go Bows!!
I think to achieve consistency Timmy needs to pick a starting quarterback and give him all the reps in practice. Especially if he is going to use Yellen who has had very little time with the team.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

I think BS is not the answer in being the QB.

I looked over his career stats, and decision making and it's not all there.

I see a poor trajectory.

This last game is classic BS niche: 8 throws behind the LOS, completing 7 for 4 yards.

For the game BS attempted 35 passes and had a clean pocket 81% of the time.He was 0-5 on throws of 20+yards

and 2-4 on throws of 10+yards. And overall BS had a completion rate of 51% for the game.

For his career BS has attempted 142 passes and is 4-26 on throws of 20+yards and is 7-17 on throws of 10+yards.

Of those 142 passes BS has registered 2 big time throws and over his career is 0-5 on throws to deep center (20+yards).

For opposing defenses BS is no threat.He can't run, or throw the ball deep.

In other words he can't stretch the field.

And I'll even add he doesn't appear to be smart,creative or have a killer instinct.

What I see is that he looks one way and often times telegraphing his passes and throwing the ball to the receiver even though

the receiver is covered.This last game was signature BS ... a lot of short throws for short yardage.

Pff.com graded BS 47% for the Vandy game. Last season he graded a 42%.

I'm not a BS hater. However if the Warriors are to have any success they need a QB that grades closer to 70%+.

The correctable in the Vandy game is getting a better pass protection from the TE's and RB's and imo

finding a QB.Having BS close the game made no sense at all.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

RedZone wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:18 pm

I think to achieve consistency Timmy needs to pick a starting quarterback and give him all the reps in practice. Especially if he is going to use Yellen who has had very little time with the team.
I like this. The last for sure QB was Bryant Moniz. Actually, I thought he came out of no where and was not my pick TBH. The point is, pick one guy. Ride with him, and he will take you there. Yes, Schager is young. Invest in him and he may be awesome as a Jr and Sr.

Sure, every player is only one mean sack away, but I think clarity also help the team too.

I get it, keep the other team guessing. Keep the players working hard as everyone week is a job competition. But IMO guessing who is the starting QB#1A will not help the team.

Ok what about Cole McDonald, he did well and was the #1A but there was also #1B. If CMD was to throw one interception, or a few incompletes, you know everyone is going to look at CC jumping in. I don't think that kind of "pressure" is healthy or equal being competitive. And during Norm Chow days, every QB was one and done. Woolsey was supposed to be the chosen one starting as a Sophomore. We never knew what he could have become as he was taken in and out of the starting job.

Colt Brennan, GOAT, could have throw 3 interceptions and no one questions who is still playing. Sucks to be everyone behind him, but that's life.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by bigislandkurt »

The first game proved that Shager does not have a long ball. That needs to be worked on for sure. There was not one long pass that even came close to the receivers. Other than that, he didn't make too many mistakes. Based on the limited body of work we have seen, I say he is QB1, at least for the time being. Let's see how game 2 plays out.

Ok, time to go get my 2 big macks.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

bigislandkurt wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:19 am The first game proved that Shager does not have a long ball. That needs to be worked on for sure. There was not one long pass that even came close to the receivers. Other than that, he didn't make too many mistakes. Based on the limited body of work we have seen, I say he is QB1, at least for the time being. Let's see how game 2 plays out.

Ok, time to go get my 2 big macks.
If you are near the Keeaumoku McD between 130 and 230 pm you can have your Big Mac (this McD has throwback prices and have the cheapest prices on the menu than other McD) and also meet Coach Chang.

https://www.khon2.com/top-stories/meet- ... mmy-chang/

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

At least no picks were thrown?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Chang is not settled on a qb. In fact he has said he will giving Cooper reps as he feels that he needs to give him a fair chance. So there be 3 qbs now splitting up the reps.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

RedZone wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:32 pm Chang is not settled on a qb. In fact he has said he will giving Cooper reps as he feels that he needs to give him a fair chance. So there be 3 qbs now splitting up the reps.
Yep. I really thought in the 4th quarter last week that Cooper would get a shot, but for some reason Shager came back in.
Well hopefully after this weeks game, TC can finally announce his #1 QB so that he can get the majority of the reps in practice and can get connected with his O-line and
receivers.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by bigislandkurt »

Obviously we do not have a QB.

Not a new story. We've been through this before.

Inoke Funake, Bryant Moniz.....were buried in the QB race at one time, only to emerge as eventual starters. Who knows where this QB race take us? Maybe Armani Eden emerges as da man! ok, maybe not.

Hopefully someone emerges. Sooner than later.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Not gonna judge off of one game. Will see how this game goes.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

bigislandkurt wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:18 pm Obviously we do not have a QB.

Not a new story. We've been through this before.

Inoke Funake, Bryant Moniz.....were buried in the QB race at one time, only to emerge as eventual starters. Who knows where this QB race take us? Maybe Armani Eden emerges as da man! ok, maybe not.

Hopefully someone emerges. Sooner than later.
I recall seeing Moniz walking along side 3 other QBs after practice once. And wondered "who's that short guy. Get chance or what."

Bryant Moniz is #3 on my list of greatest QBs in (modern) UH history.