Thoughts on the QB’s.

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Re: Thoughts on the QB’s.

Post by UnBiasFan »

I think the easier opponent will give Yellen the opportunity to get in a rhythm… he might rip the field apart

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Hopefully Shager starts this weekend and gets a victory. For UH to not have any passing touchdowns after 4 games is just hard to believe. I certainly want to give Yellen more credit, but his body of work is simply not cutting it. My opinion, at least.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

They still don’t know who the starter will be going into this weeks game. Panoke is out for the season. Broken collar bone. Bowens cleared to run drills. We will see Cenacle who Chang says will have to play now going forward. Looks like our freshmen will have to grow up fast.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Schager was looking good and promising under Bo Graham's offense. In 3 games last year, he had 600+ yards in passing. So we know Schager can.

We are not sold on Yellen, but but is that him or the offense?

If one guy failed, and the other guy succeed, you can say one guy is better than the other.

If both are failing (and 3rd is not so great), then you got to point back to the coaches.

locomoko
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by locomoko »

Comparing QB production this year vs. last year doesn't necessarily indicate which guy is better. What it does show is how much better offensive production was with receivers like Turner, Mardner and Smart on the field, plus DaeDae as a bigger option in the backfield, and a QB who could also run.

This year's QBs have stronger and maybe more accurate arms than Cordeiro, but his scrambling around caused some chaos and resulting big plays. Partly scheme, and largely personnel, but this year's offense is seriously lacking.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:40 am Schager was looking good and promising under Bo Graham's offense. In 3 games last year, he had 600+ yards in passing. So we know Schager can.

If one guy failed, and the other guy succeed, you can say one guy is better than the other.

If both are failing (and 3rd is not so great), then you got to point back to the coaches.
I have concerns about the Shoemaker offense being effective at this level. He had a lot of success at lower divisions, but does the speed at the FBS level neutralize his philosophy? kind of like how in basketball, full-court pressing the whole game is less effective as the age and skill level increases and does not work at all against high level college teams and pro teams.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:40 am Schager was looking good and promising under Bo Graham's offense. In 3 games last year, he had 600+ yards in passing. So we know Schager can.

Schager had Mardner who he wouldn’t hesitate to throw the 50/50 ball to. I don’t think we have one. Still I like Schager. Coach just need to name a starter and stick with him.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

locomoko wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:39 pm Comparing QB production this year vs. last year doesn't necessarily indicate which guy is better. What it does show is how much better offensive production was with receivers like Turner, Mardner and Smart on the field, plus DaeDae as a bigger option in the backfield, and a QB who could also run.

This year's QBs have stronger and maybe more accurate arms than Cordeiro, but his scrambling around caused some chaos and resulting big plays. Partly scheme, and largely personnel, but this year's offense is seriously lacking.
Also in the last game I noticed that we may need to have a bigger running back in the backfield. The ones we have are too small and end up getting pushed back into our quarterback. Having a back who can block would help our qbs giving them more time to scan the field. Some of those deep routes take time and we have not been picking up those blitzing linebackers.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

With both Bowens and Panoke out, maybe time to use the legs of Cam Cooper or Armani Edden to move the chains with our proven run game

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

BigWave96744 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:27 am With both Bowens and Panoke out, maybe time to use the legs of Cam Cooper or Armani Edden to move the chains with our proven run game
Agree, especially bc the OL play is suspect. It makes zero sense to run plays that are run-pass option with QBs who run like they are stuck in mud. I feel bad for the RBs bc the entire D swarms them.

It's distressing to watch the OC not have answers, wrinkles to address short coming of OL and QB. Line Murry up as a RB, shovel passes, option routes for WRs. I mean seriously guys! Wildcat would be better than Yellen running the run pass option.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

So has there been any announcement as to who is getting the start this week?
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

It doesn't matter who the QB is if we play the same style of inept offense. Hopefully, Timmy phone call with June Jones sunk in and he listens to what advice he gave him. We will know if the vertical game suddenly has life, speed option plays, shovel passes and inside tunnel screens. If we see the same lateral widen the field plays, QB sitting in the pocket uncomfortably looking down his 1st read or handing the ball off then through the B gap or off tackle for a fumble. Then we know nothing has changed and Timmy didn't listen to June Jones. Key to the game is listen to June Jones for the W.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

It doesn't matter who the QB is if we play the same style of inept offense. Hopefully, Timmy phone call with June Jones sunk in and he listens to what advice he gave him. We will know if the vertical game suddenly has life, speed option plays, shovel passes and inside tunnel screens. If we see the same lateral widen the field plays, QB sitting in the pocket uncomfortably looking down his 1st read or handing the ball off then through the B gap or off tackle for a fumble. Then we know nothing has changed and Timmy didn't listen to June Jones. Key to the game is listen to June Jones for the W.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:43 am
BigWave96744 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:27 am With both Bowens and Panoke out, maybe time to use the legs of Cam Cooper or Armani Edden to move the chains with our proven run game
Agree, especially bc the OL play is suspect. It makes zero sense to run plays that are run-pass option with QBs who run like they are stuck in mud. I feel bad for the RBs bc the entire D swarms them.

It's distressing to watch the OC not have answers, wrinkles to address short coming of OL and QB. Line Murry up as a RB, shovel passes, option routes for WRs. I mean seriously guys! Wildcat would be better than Yellen running the run pass option.
Agree with BigWave and Palolo.

Time to allow the Dual Threat QB's on the roster some playing time. Coach Timmy said he'd give Cammon a shot. I would like to see what both Cam and Armani could do to give us more offensive threats.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Out RPO is just an R since our QB don't run and our passing game is non-existent. But I do believe tomorrow we will see something different. Desperate times calls for Desperate measure.

After we win tomorrow, I like our chances against Nevada, Colorado St & Utah St. SJSU doesn't look that impressive. Wyoming is rolling toward a winning season. UNLV looks Like the toughest opponent this season