bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Re: Thinnest Position

Post by bigislandkurt »

After two games, I will stand by my claim. Dline is the thinnest position. No pressures, no sacks, no hurries. Way too easy to run on. Remember those years when we had Isaac Sopoaga, Lui Fuga, Mike Iosefa, Lance Samuseva? Blessman Taala is the only one of note.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

After two games, I still don't know what the heck is going on. However, I do think that the defense has drawn an unfair joker twice. Scoring turnovers and stupid penalties are what's holding this team back. Let's take a look at the last game: The first TD by WKU was the result of an interception and a 15 yard penalty to put them in the red zone. They then score immediately on a Pick Six. The game is now 14 - 3. The next WKU score was on a 47yd passing TD. With the score now 21 - 10, another interception is given. WKU could not score with 1:29 from the Hawaii 13...4 and out in the red zone. WKU started the 2nd half with a 3 and out. The next drive by WKU was a 3 and out. The next drive by WKU is another gift of an interception returned to the red zone. Hawaii is again intercepted...only this time deep in WKU territory. That drive is killed by Hawaii's defense. At the end of the 3rd quarter, the score is 28 - 10. After Hawaii scores again, we get an unsportsman like conduct penalty...which resulted in another short field for the Mountain Toppers. A fumbled punt return gives them another red zone scoring opportunity.

I've been optimistic, but now I'm beginning to think the coaching is the thinnest position.

Link

Does this look like a defensive line issue?

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

bigislandkurt wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:50 pm After two games, I will stand by my claim. Dline is the thinnest position. No pressures, no sacks, no hurries. Way too easy to run on. Remember those years when we had Isaac Sopoaga, Lui Fuga, Mike Iosefa, Lance Samuseva? Blessman Taala is the only one of note.
Agree Blessman needs help.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

ton15t4k
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ton15t4k »

I think Mataio can still improve. He is new to the team and played well in Arkansas. Many of the d-line is new to the team or inexperienced. Someone will step up eventually.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

ton15t4k wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:06 pm I think Mataio can still improve. He is new to the team and played well in Arkansas. Many of the d-line is new to the team or inexperienced. Someone will step up eventually.
I sure hope so. I was expecting big things from him. Blessman has been getting doubled teamed a lot this year. He definitely needs some help.
ImageImage

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Irse wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:52 am
ton15t4k wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:06 pm I think Mataio can still improve. He is new to the team and played well in Arkansas. Many of the d-line is new to the team or inexperienced. Someone will step up eventually.
I sure hope so. I was expecting big things from him. Blessman has been getting doubled teamed a lot this year. He definitely needs some help.
From what I saw in-person against Vandy, he lacks quickness and explosive hands. Mataio was manhandled, so it was definitely a let down given his pedigree. Even when we blitzed, no action. SMH.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

ton15t4k
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ton15t4k »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:26 pm
Irse wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:52 am
From what I saw in-person against Vandy, he lacks quickness and explosive hands. Mataio was manhandled, so it was definitely a let down given his pedigree. Even when we blitzed, no action. SMH.
Mataio is down to 230 lbs which is very light for a defense that has 3 down lineman. Mataio was around 250 lbs in Arkansas so maybe the lighter weight has affected him somehow?

ton15t4k
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ton15t4k »

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Dline. Coaches. Linebackers. All that has been discussed on this thread is showing it’s ugly/rebuilding head. This is no pot shot on any of them. It’s just the truth.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul