HS Football Fanatic

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
TheNewNORM
Pine rider
Pine rider

HS Football Fanatic

Post by TheNewNORM »

Hey Bro, you OK? Haven't heard from you in a while. Anyway keep posting.

locomoko
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: HS Football Fanatic

Post by locomoko »

Hope HS Football Fanatic is OK. The silence as football ramps up is concerning.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

TheNewNORM wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:49 pm Hey Bro, you OK? Haven't heard from you in a while. Anyway keep posting.
locomoko wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:27 pm Hope HS Football Fanatic is OK. The silence as football ramps up is concerning.
@TheNewNORM
@locomoko

Hey; thanks for the posts. Since I'm old, I had decided to retire from this message-board back in late-June. This is the first time I've visited this message-board since. The only reason I'm here is that Kahuku beat Punahou last night. I was so relieved. I mean, if the Puns had won, I probably would have been depressed for at least three weeks, probably longer. (Sorry, gopunahou. Hey, by the way, hope all is well with you; it's been a while. As I've said many times before, you've been a class act for years; some nine years, to be exact. Sorry that I still dislike your alma mater; in fact, that's the only reason I'm visiting this message-board.)

TheNewNORM, I'm humbled that you went so far as to start a thread about me; I'm shocked and humbled. I was just another guy on this message-board; I spewed my stupid opinions on so many threads here. I mean, I freaked-out when I saw my UserName as a topic. I'll tell you what: That's something I probably never would have done; I'm simply too selfish and self-absorbed. You must have a good heart, which is more than I can say about myself. Anyway: TheNewNORM and locomoko, take care! Continue enjoying high school football!
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:00 pm
TheNewNORM wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:49 pm Hey Bro, you OK? Haven't heard from you in a while. Anyway keep posting.
locomoko wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:27 pm Hope HS Football Fanatic is OK. The silence as football ramps up is concerning.
@TheNewNORM
@locomoko

Hey; thanks for the posts. Since I'm old, I had decided to retire from this message-board back in late-June. This is the first time I've visited this message-board since. The only reason I'm here is that Kahuku beat Punahou last night. I was so relieved. I mean, if the Puns had won, I probably would have been depressed for at least three weeks, probably longer. (Sorry, gopunahou. Hey, by the way, hope all is well with you; it's been a while. As I've said many times before, you've been a class act for years; some nine years, to be exact. Sorry that I still dislike your alma mater; in fact, that's the only reason I'm visiting this message-board.)

TheNewNORM, I'm humbled that you went so far as to start a thread about me; I'm shocked and humbled. I was just another guy on this message-board; I spewed my stupid opinions on so many threads here. I mean, I freaked-out when I saw my UserName as a topic. I'll tell you what: That's something I probably never would have done; I'm simply too selfish and self-absorbed. You must have a good heart, which is more than I can say about myself. Anyway: TheNewNORM and locomoko, take care! Continue enjoying high school football!
At least you didn’t wish injuries on my team, lol. There were two positives about our performance last night—we exited the game relatively healthy and now know we can hang with the best in the state, even it we did lose. Fact is, losing last night won’t hurt our chances of winning the ILH.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:38 pm
@TheNewNORM
@locomoko

At least you didn’t wish injuries on my team, lol. There were two positives about our performance last night—we exited the game relatively healthy and now know we can hang with the best in the state, even it we did lose. Fact is, losing last night won’t hurt our chances of winning the ILH.
@gopunahou:

Oh, yeah, I'm not going to wish injuries on any team; especially a high-school team. And yes, both schools didn't incur injuries, I think. And, of course, games against OIA schools don't count in the ILH Open race.

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

@TheNewNORM
@locomoko

If you're officially retired from this board, can you tell us your alma mater? Since you didn't reveal it while you were posting here, and some people were wondering, actually hoping that you would do so.

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

^^^Yeah, since there's no need anymore to be "objective" you're free to tell us which high school you graduated from.

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

bandits1 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:26 am ^^^Yeah, since there's no need anymore to be "objective" you're free to tell us which high school you graduated from.
He may not tell us. My personal guess would be Waialua. Based on his posts about his alma mater not winning much, and a few times he has mentioned not going to Kahuku games, perhaps he lives in that part of the island (North Shore)?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

ChadFukuoka wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:22 pm
@TheNewNORM
@locomoko

If you're officially retired from this board, can you tell us your alma mater? Since you didn't reveal it while you were posting here, and some people were wondering, actually hoping that you would do so.
@ChadFukuoka:

Sorry to respond so late; I haven't been here since my last post back in early-September. I'd like to decline naming my alma mater, because sometimes I return when something notable happens.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

bandits1 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:26 am ^^^Yeah, since there's no need anymore to be "objective" you're free to tell us which high school you graduated from.
@bandits1:

Sorry to respond so late; I haven't been here since my last post in early-September. As you can see, I sometimes return when something notable happens, so I still need to preserve my objectivity.

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:06 pm

@TheNewNORM
@locomoko

@ChadFukuoka:

Sorry to respond so late; I haven't been here since my last post back in early-September. I'd like to decline naming my alma mater, because sometimes I return when something notable happens.
Ok, understood. I'm assuming you're glad Kahuku won yesterday night.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

I'm visiting this message-board to thank Kahuku High for defeating Punahou School in last night's State Open football tilt. Every year, Punahou School takes oodles of state titles; and I'd come to resent it years ago. I certainly didn't want the Puns to win yet another title, and this one in the biggest sport of all.
The Red Raiders posted an amazing margin of victory against a very strong team, especially on O. The Puns can pass and run, and they have a huge O-line. I knew the Red Raiders have a strong D, but their D-line is quite smaller than the Puns' O-line. My biggest fear was that the Puns might try to run the ball down the Red Raiders' throats, just as they did to Mililani High last week. What gave me a little hope, was that I knew the Red Raiders were tough against the run.
While the Red Raiders' margin of victory was quite substantial, that wasn't the most important thing for me. Even if they had won by only one point, I would be no less satisfied. What's important to me is that Punahou School was prevented from winning yet another State title, and this one in the biggest sport of all. For me, the margin of victory wasn't overridingly important.
Throughout this past week, I dreaded that the Puns might win. I did some shopping at the mall on three different days this past week, and the mall was already decked-out in Christmas decorations. Many stores had Christmas trees already on display, decorated and lit. Christmas music wafted on the mall's sound system. They say that Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year, but I forced myself to shut-out all these sights and sounds of Christmas from my mind, as I felt compelled to prepare myself emotionally and mentally for a Pun win. Now that the Red Raiders have won, I can shop at the mall and fully embrace the joys of Christmas that the decorations, trees and music spread.
So, I'd like to thank Kahuku High for setting me free to fully embrace the joys of Christmas. Christmas season officially begins the day after Thanksgiving, and that's the day (or, night) that the Red Raiders won! I'd like to thank Kahuku High's football team for winning the game, but I'd also like to thank their cheerleaders and fans. Thank-you, Kahuku High cheerleaders, for cheering your team on. And, thank-you to the Red Raider fans for being there to show your support.
There's another school that wins a lot of state titles, and that's Iolani School. For that reason, I'm not particularly fond of them, either. Therefore, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Waipahu High for beating the Raiders in last week's D1 semifinals. Iolani School's coed cheer team (coed cheer teams have adagios), had just won the state title, and were cheering at the game against the Marauders. Well, the Marauder football team told both the Raider football team and cheerleaders, "NO!" So thank-you again, Waipahu High.
gopunahou, this may not be a happy time for you, but you know that your alma mater will take God knows how many state titles before this school year is over. Right now boys' and girls' basketball are starting-up. I don't know about their girls' team, but I think their boys' team will be pretty tough. So, you have that to look forward to.
Well, I've enjoyed my visit here. May everyone have a Merry Christmas! Seems a bit early to say that, but after all, Christmas season did officially start yesterday!
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

ChadFukuoka wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:42 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:06 pm

@ChadFukuoka:

Ok, understood. I'm assuming you're glad Kahuku won yesterday night.
@ChadFukuoka:
Yes. Read my long, rambling post.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

ChadFukuoka wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:10 pm
He may not tell us. My personal guess would be Waialua. Based on his posts about his alma mater not winning much, and a few times he has mentioned not going to Kahuku games, perhaps he lives in that part of the island (North Shore)?
@ChadFukuoka:

Sorry, I didn't see this post at first. Well, I'd like to decline to either confirm or deny that Waialua High is my alma mater. Again, I'm trying to maintain "strategic anonymity" so that I can post freely, though I rarely post anymore.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

I'm visiting again right now to report that I understand that Punahou alumni almost certainly dislike Kahuku High right now. I'm posting this because yesterday, a Sacred Hearts alumna told me that she doesn't like Kahuku (High) because they're "arrogant". She said she doesn't like how they have parades when they win a state football title. That struck me, because some fifteen years ago a Kailua alumna told me exactly the same thing. The Kailua alumna didn't call Kahuku (High) arrogant, but said that she (too) resented the parades. The Sacred Hearts alumna said that while she doesn't love Punahou (School), she wouldn't have minded if they had won, because she didn't like Kahuku's (Kahuku High's) arrogance. When I explained to her that I dislike Punahou (School) because they win so many state titles every year, she said she still dislikes Kahuku's (Kahuku High's) arrogance more.
It's amazing how different we can be than each other. Most of the people I have spoken to over the years dislike Punahou School. For example, about ten years ago, a Mililani alumnus said, "I hate Punahou (School) because they win too much". Those were his exact words; all I added was, "(School)". And, while I don't hate Punahou School, I certainly dislike them, and for the same reason.
So, I guess I'm posting this to provide some balance. While Punahou alumni might be aware that many people dislike their alma mater, and at this time might resent Kahuku High, it might be comforting for them to know that there are people who dislike Kahuku High as well; people who aren't even Punahou alumni.
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.