2022 high school football season

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

2022 high school football season

Post by ChadFukuoka »

The start of the 2022 football season is a little over a week away, with games starting next Friday. I believe some teams have scrimmages lined up for this weekend. It is kind of sad to not have an OIA-ILH alliance, but let's hope for the best this upcoming year.

TheNewNORM
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: 2022 high school football season

Post by TheNewNORM »

ChadFukuoka wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:01 am The start of the 2022 football season is a little over a week away, with games starting next Friday. I believe some teams have scrimmages lined up for this weekend. It is kind of sad to not have an OIA-ILH alliance, but let's hope for the best this upcoming year.
Yes for sure, big games. St.Louis at Mililani Aug.5 Kamehameha at Kahuku Aug.6. Punahou at Waipahu. And Kapaa coming to Radford to play Aiea. Yessah, I can hear the pads popping. Itssssssssss Time!

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

TheNewNORM wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:35 pm
ChadFukuoka wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:01 am The start of the 2022 football season is a little over a week away, with games starting next Friday. I believe some teams have scrimmages lined up for this weekend. It is kind of sad to not have an OIA-ILH alliance, but let's hope for the best this upcoming year.
Yes for sure, big games. St.Louis at Mililani Aug.5 Kamehameha at Kahuku Aug.6. Punahou at Waipahu. And Kapaa coming to Radford to play Aiea. Yessah, I can hear the pads popping. Itssssssssss Time!
Kapaa has another big challenge the following week, hosting St Louis on the 13th.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Cheeeehooooo!!! Let's go Boiz and HIT SOMEBODY!!!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

I have to admire the way Kapaa has beefed up it’s non-league schedule for this season while they still have most of their current core talent. Most of those jumbo OLinemen are back as are a lot of their skill positions players on offense and defense. Aiea is a good opening test. Na Alii are the defending OIA D-I champs. Aiea also had a young core talent group of players last year and they’re back for another try at a state title. I think I would give a slight edge to Aiea at the skill positions.Ezekiel Olie has D-I college potential at QB. Bishop Foumai is a ballhawk at DB. Aiea has some size in the trenches with Preston Taumua 315 lbs and Logan Rouse 6-5,230 lbs. I think I would have to give Kapaa the edge on the lines. Expecting fireworks in this game.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

unpaid wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:08 am I have to admire the way Kapaa has beefed up it’s non-league schedule for this season while they still have most of their current core talent. Most of those jumbo OLinemen are back as are a lot of their skill positions players on offense and defense. Aiea is a good opening test. Na Alii are the defending OIA D-I champs. Aiea also had a young core talent group of players last year and they’re back for another try at a state title. I think I would give a slight edge to Aiea at the skill positions.Ezekiel Olie has D-I college potential at QB. Bishop Foumai is a ballhawk at DB. Aiea has some size in the trenches with Preston Taumua 315 lbs and Logan Rouse 6-5,230 lbs. I think I would have to give Kapaa the edge on the lines. Expecting fireworks in this game.
A lot of people credited Iolani’s state tournament success to playing against top-notch ILH competition (when every ILH team played each other). I wonder if Kapaa is using the same formula—playing tough teams to improve its chances of success in the state tournament.

I also think another Kauai team—Waimea—did this in the 90s and early 2000s. They won 11 straight KIF titles and beat some bigger teams in the state tournament during that stretch.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

TheNewNORM
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by TheNewNORM »

ChadFukuoka wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:01 am Nice. OC16 will televise Mililani/ St.louis and Kahuku/Kamehameha LIVE this week.

TheNewNORM
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by TheNewNORM »

TheNewNORM wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:59 am [

Nice. OC16 will televise Mililani/ St.louis and Kahuku/Kamehameha LIVE this week.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

OC 16 also will televise Waianae-Castle and Iolani-Kaiser on Xcast.

TheNewNORM
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by TheNewNORM »

unpaid wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:48 am OC 16 also will televise Waianae-Castle and Iolani-Kaiser on Xcast.
Waianae vs.Castle will be a good watch. Poor Waianae has seen many head coaches shuffled for the past 4 years. Hopefully Kaufmeyer can guide them. They did have great assistant coaches in Bobby George and hopefully hes still there.

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

TheNewNORM wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:42 pm
unpaid wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:48 am OC 16 also will televise Waianae-Castle and Iolani-Kaiser on Xcast.
Waianae vs.Castle will be a good watch. Poor Waianae has seen many head coaches shuffled for the past 4 years. Hopefully Kaufmeyer can guide them. They did have great assistant coaches in Bobby George and hopefully hes still there.
I think the Iolani-Kaiser game will be more competitive. I think Waianae is bigger and has more depth than Castle, they will wear them out by the second half.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Scoringlive says we ain't playing this week, which confuses me. The good thing is we are only playing our main Open opponents twice instead of three times (in the regular season that is).
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Punahou-Waipahu was canceled because Waipahu didn’t have enough eligible players.Sounds like academics.

A brief look at what some mainland sites think about Hawaii high school football.MaxPreps Top 100 only has Kahuku which they rank as No. 50 in the country.

Highschoolfootballamerica.com has released it’s algorithm-based Top Ten for Hawaii as follows:

1.Kahuku
2.St.Louis
3.Mililani
4.Iolani
5.Punahou
6.Kamehameha
7.Campbell
8.Kapaa
9.Kapolei
10.Leilehua

I think HSFA is overvaluing Iolani.

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

unpaid wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:55 am Punahou-Waipahu was canceled because Waipahu didn’t have enough eligible players.Sounds like academics.

A brief look at what some mainland sites think about Hawaii high school football.MaxPreps Top 100 only has Kahuku which they rank as No. 50 in the country.

Highschoolfootballamerica.com has released it’s algorithm-based Top Ten for Hawaii as follows:

1.Kahuku
2.St.Louis
3.Mililani
4.Iolani
5.Punahou
6.Kamehameha
7.Campbell
8.Kapaa
9.Kapolei
10.Leilehua

I think HSFA is overvaluing Iolani.
How is it possible to be academically ineligible when the school year just started this week? I don't think that's enough time for someone's grades to go down.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Check out previous years football threads. For some reason,Hawaii schools springgrade reports carryover to the first two weeks of the fall semester. If a player doesn’t finish spring with the minimum grade average they have to sit the first two game weeks in the fall.