Re: 2022 mwc media days

Post by anykine »

rajah dat

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Cordeiro isn't one of the Brady's. Gawd, imagine using The Brady Bunch as a guide to fostering young'ns. What about that tiki? How would that factor into this drama? Did Cordeiro fall victim to a cursed tiki too?

Ironically, T.C. was benched by an equally disliked, tyrannical head coach back in the day. I'm glad that kid sucked it up and returned to light up the score boards. I'm also glad he returned to help the team once again as head coach. Cordeiro...helping the team by leaving? I dunno. Aloha, kid. Thanks for some memorable games.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:26 am Cordeiro isn't one of the Brady's. Gawd, imagine using The Brady Bunch as a guide to fostering young'ns. What about that tiki? How would that factor into this drama? Did Cordeiro fall victim to a cursed tiki too?

Ironically, T.C. was benched by an equally disliked, tyrannical head coach back in the day. I'm glad that kid sucked it up and returned to light up the score boards. I'm also glad he returned to help the team once again as head coach. Cordeiro...helping the team by leaving? I dunno. Aloha, kid. Thanks for some memorable games.
Who is that? Everyone that I talked to that played for June loved him. How many starters did he lose to transfer?
ImageImage

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:26 am Cordeiro isn't one of the Brady's. Gawd, imagine using The Brady Bunch as a guide to fostering young'ns. What about that tiki? How would that factor into this drama? Did Cordeiro fall victim to a cursed tiki too?

Not to beat a dead horse, but those that transferred left in part cause they wanted "change" in the UH program. Well they got "change" and yet none of them chose to come back when TC was hired even though they had the ability to do so. IDK man.

But regardless like I said this is a dead horse issue. We have better QBs here on the roster IMO.

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: kalua pig
NBA: kalua pig
NFL: kalua pig

Post by anykine »

EITSwarrior wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:42 pm

Not to beat a dead horse, but those that transferred left in part cause they wanted "change" in the UH program. Well they got "change" and yet none of them chose to come back when TC was hired even though they had the ability to do so. IDK man.

But regardless like I said this is a dead horse issue. We have better QBs here on the roster IMO.
+1

Irse

Post by Irse »

By the time Timmy was hired, the better transfers were already attending classes at the new school and UH has already started. Wouldn't they need to reapply to UH and get a waiver from the NCAA if they started any kind of supervised off-season conditioning?
ImageImage

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

The Tiki Idol curse was told to the Brady boys by Lippy Espinda. Lippy told them to "Hele on Bruddah, Hele on Bruddahood."

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Irse wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:12 pm

By the time Timmy was hired, the better transfers were already attending classes at the new school and UH has already started. Wouldn't they need to reapply to UH and get a waiver from the NCAA if they started any kind of supervised off-season conditioning?
Did they wanna be a Warrior or not?

Irse

Post by Irse »

EITSwarrior wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:21 pm

Don't know. Ask them.
ImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Irse wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:33 am

Who is that? Everyone that I talked to that played for June loved him. How many starters did he lose to transfer?

Sit yourself on the bench mister!!!!

The situations are completely different. June Jones took over after a soft head coach's epic, miserable failure. Just winning again would've made anyone happy at that point in time. TG inherited a team after a soft coach's successful run. I'm too lazy to do the research, but a few of our qb's transferred during JJ's era. Steele Jantz transferred and started at Iowa State for one. I think the other was a grad transfer.

Chevan no like angry coach. Das, okay. In the end, the new team does seem more promising--even without Chevan. I'm not so sure losing players to UCLA and Cincinnati aren't that much different to losing a Steele Jantz.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:46 pm

The situations are completely different. June Jones took over after a soft head coach's epic, miserable failure. Just winning again would've made anyone happy at that point in time. TG inherited a team after a soft coach's successful run. I'm too lazy to do the research, but a few of our qb's transferred during JJ's era. Steele Jantz transferred and started at Iowa State for one. I think the other was a grad transfer.

Chevan no like angry coach. Das, okay. In the end, the new team does seem more promising--even without Chevan. I'm not so sure losing players to UCLA and Cincinnati aren't that much different to losing a Steele Jantz.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Steele Jantz was part of McMakin's era?
I believe he came to UH in 2008?

https://hawaiiathletics.com/sports/foot ... jantz/2853

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

ulua wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:32 pm

You are correct ulua. Jantz was a Freshman in 2008, McMakin's first year.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

ulua wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:32 pm

Hmmm...somehow I accidentally deleted my Jones/Jeff George photo: Sit your butt down, son. I ain't gonna tell you again!

Well, I stand corrected in regard to Jantz. There was another great quarterback who left as a grad transfer to a good school. I forget whether he played for June Jones or not. When Jones left, we didn't have any quarterbacks. Clearly, Chevan left because he didn't like being yelled at. The other players transferred to top-tier programs after shining under TG's tutelage. Who wouldn't want to play for UCLA or the Bearcats? As for the practice team guys...we lose them all the time.

Anyway, lighten-up guys. It wasn't/isn't the end of the world for the Bows. I strongly believe we benefited from the transfer portal.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Irse wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:19 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:21 pm

Don't know. Ask them.
Their actions spoke for them.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:46 pm Clearly, Chevan left because he didn't like being yelled at.
As I've said before, believe what you want, I know what I know. Chevan wasn't the one being abuse. He was treated well. He didn't like how TG was running the program and how TG was treating his teammates.