2022 W-L record

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

2022 W-L record

Post by Irse »

What are your predictions? Mine is 4 wins but hopefully we could somehow get to 6 with better chemistry in this year's team.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2022 W-L record

Post by My3Cats »

Being on the pessimistic side, I say 4 wins (Duquesne, NMSU, Nevada and UNLV). Although I like what Coach TC is doing and hope that this team jells and gets on the same page, then bowl eligibility is possible.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

IMO 6+ wins is very doable (adding SJSU, Nevada, Wyoming & FSU which I think the Chang Gang Warriors "get chance"). Belief, support and building a new era is real and the players will feed off of these ideas/feelings.

UH has played each of the above tightly..NV and WYO are @ hm games...plus add in revenge on their former QB @SJSU.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Realistically, 3 or 4 wins. Optimistically, maybe 5. Hopefully 7 and bowl eligible.

Our team was been decimated by the transfer portal and graduation. There are only about 6 returning starters on offense and defense. Virtually all of our top players and team leaders who could have returned entered the portal. This included 7 starters (Cordeiro, Hunter, Mardner, Muasau, Bethley, Laulu, Tavai, Lockridge), 3 team captains (Cordeiro, Muasau, Bethley) and 2 all-conference players (Bethley, Muasau).

I really like what TC is doing. He has put together a good staff, is building a great team culture and is recruiting pretty good despite the lack of a stadium. But he inherited a mess and this is a total rebuild. I think TC will do it, but it's going to take time, a lot more hard work and luck.

ESPN's Bill Connelly returning production rankings show us at the very bottom.
https://twitter.com/ESPN_BillC/status/1541947530753220609

Irse
MLB: Cubs

Post by Irse »

Thanks uhwarriors. I was looking for that chart.
ImageImage

Raudi
Starter
Starter

Post by Raudi »

13-0

77-7 UH every game!

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

Predicting a 6-7 game win season, qualifying UH for a bowl game invitation.

The new coaching staff did an incredible job at rebuilding the team with transfers to replace the starters that left the program.

We are looking stronger at defense with the addition of new players added to the roster through the transfer portal. Looks like we will see an improved pass rush from the DE and LB positions and an improved secondary.

Running back depth looks good and the WR group looks solid.

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: kalua pig
NBA: kalua pig
NFL: kalua pig

Post by anykine »

the only potential loss i see on our schedule is at michigan.you already know cuz

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Raudi wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:43 am 13-0

77-7 UH every game!
I think this is a problem. You deserve a candidate that can deliver. Hawaii is such a special place. We need a leader that can bring us together. I am here to bring you together. Aloha. Mahalo. I care for most Hawaiian and Filipino in Hilo. I love you guys.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Need to see team first. After the 4th game I think I will have a better idea as to where we are. If we can score it should be a good season. I just hope that they can keep the players healthy.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I guarantee a winning season and a bowl appearance. We're loaded with talent in many key positions. Recruiting looks very good. Community, coaching, and players appear to be saying and doing all the right things. Both of the coordinators are a significant improvement. The talent at quarterback is better than I've ever seen at UH...at least on paper. I'm optimistic. I also think the defense is going to surprise everyone.

From another thread. https://www.sportshawaii.com/sh/viewtopic.php?t=52061 CFBN prediction

Meh, the analysis is pretty weak. The team was beat down by covid circumstances, a tougher than usual schedule, and coaching changes. The head coach hiring his son to be the offensive coordinator was not smart. The new coordinators are a definite improvement. Having a back-up quarterback heave incomplete bombs all game and getting sacked kinda skewed that stat's a little vs Nevada. Opening against 2 Pac-12 teams led to: skewed stats. We played San Diego State tight and registered an upset against Fresno State. Although I don't like the manner in which Coach Graham was dispensed of...I like this current coaching staff. As for the 'slew' of players we lost...we didn't lose that much. This looks like a good team that is coached right and is set to shine. I say we go 8 - 5 and go bowling again. We don't play Boise St or BYU this year. Michigan is gonna kill us, but the other games are winnable.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

We win 7 games (no 9) and get a bowl appearance. I use the word We lightly because I ain’t do shiit. Our guys will get 7 1/2 wins,

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I like to be wrong.

I'll go with 3 wins. I think there will be lots of growing pains for this team. New coaches, new players, and many of the old guys (leaders-starters) are gone. If they stick together and not enter the transfer portal after the season, I think they can build something special like 7+ win team.

TG inherited a team already in place. It was easy to predict +/- 2 games over Rolo record. If TC had "everyone" that transferred out, even with CC as the QB, I would say he could of have a 7 win team.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

8-5 and invite to Hawaii Bowl where we win and finish at 9-5

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

15-0 and our 1st MWC champion trophy in the trophy case 😎