2022 W-L record

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Re: 2022 W-L record

Post by uhwarriors »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:54 pm I like to be wrong.

I'll go with 3 wins. I think there will be lots of growing pains for this team. New coaches, new players, and many of the old guys (leaders-starters) are gone. If they stick together and not enter the transfer portal after the season, I think they can build something special like 7+ win team.

TG inherited a team already in place. It was easy to predict +/- 2 games over Rolo record. If TC had "everyone" that transferred out, even with CC as the QB, I would say he could of have a 7 win team.
You and I are thinking pretty much the same thing. I hope for better, but realistically this is a total rebuild.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Upset Special on the road at The Big House!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

I'm ready for 5-6 win seasons for the next 2 years, maybe even getting a Hawaii bowl invite at 6-7 because ESPN added some new bowl games.

But the RnS is back. So thats the only thing that gives me hope for 5-6 wins. Hopefully, Timmy can take this dumpster fire Matlin has gifted him and be up to the challenge?

If Hawaii takes a loss by the SEC bottom feeder Vanderbilt that won 2 games last season and another loss to a Western Kentucky team that lost their record breaking QB Bailey Zappe who set FBS records for passing yards in a season (5,987) and touchdowns in a season (62) in the Hilltoppers' high-volume passing game to the NFL. Then forget about going to the Hawaii Bowl. Hawaii will be lucky it gets to 5 wins, those first 2 home games are pivotal.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:44 am Upset Special on the road at The Big House!
uhwarriors wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:26 pm

I'll go with 3 wins. I think there will be lots of growing pains for this team. New coaches, new players, and many of the old guys (leaders-starters) are gone. If they stick together and not enter the transfer portal after the season, I think they can build something special like 7+ win team.

TG inherited a team already in place. It was easy to predict +/- 2 games over Rolo record. If TC had "everyone" that transferred out, even with CC as the QB, I would say he could of have a 7 win team.
You and I are thinking pretty much the same thing. I hope for better, but realistically this is a total rebuild.
Sarcasm duly noted. Michigan's gonna whip us.

We have much to be thankful for. We've got some 5 year starters at many positions. We've got Texas and Louisiana recruits courtesy of the angry coach. We've got multiple 3* transfers due to the transfer portal. The exit transfers are regrettable. One awesome Muasau remains.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:10 am
My3Cats wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:44 am Upset Special on the road at The Big House!

We have much to be thankful for. We've got some 5 year starters at many positions. We've got Texas and Louisiana recruits courtesy of the angry coach. We've got multiple 3* transfers due to the transfer portal. The exit transfers are regrettable. One awesome Muasau remains.
Not sarcasm. Enthusiasm! If Appalachian State could do it, we can too. Da Braddahhood just got to believe. At least give the Wolverines a good rub.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:52 am
SundayJam wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:10 am

Not sarcasm. Enthusiasm! If Appalachian State could do it, we can too. Da Braddahhood just got to believe. At least give the Wolverines a good rub.
I attended the last came at the Big House with my in-laws who are U of M alumni....it was rough...they could have score 100+, but they brought in the 2nd , 3rd teams and cheerleaders (Lol). This year they are positioned to be in the national championship contention, so they'll definitely whoop UH by a bunch.

The most awesome part was the Michigan fans I was surrounded by at the game were complimenting UH, very gracious and actually cheered when Hawaii made a play. They were class acts.

UH has a better chance at home...why no games against the wolverines at Manoa?
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Post by nostra_808 »

I expect them to win every game lol

and after a loss, I expect them to win every game after that lol

and my expectation loop continues

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

UH First Year Coach's Record
1977 Dick Tomey 5-6
1987 Bob Wagner 5-7
1996 Fred Von Appen 2-10
1999 June Jones 9-4 Oahu Bowl Win, WAC Champs
2008 Greg McMackin 7-7 Hawaii Bowl Loss
2012 Norm Chow 3-9
2016 Nick Rolovich 7-7 Hawaii Bowl Win
2020 Todd Graham 5-4 New Mexico Bowl Win

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

I read where the Warriors took a hit from the transfer portal which is true. However Chang brought in 19- 3 stars, which also includes 4 -4 stars (when's the last time that's happened?). My money is on them not the ones that ran away and lead a defense that was dead last in the MWC. Yes the Warriors return the least amount of experience/returning production but the sky is not falling. I say 6-7 wins. I say having a coaching staff that is very animated will bring the best out of the players.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

RedZone wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:07 pm Need to see team first. After the 4th game I think I will have a better idea as to where we are. If we can score it should be a good season. I just hope that they can keep the players healthy.
I waited to 5th game because I wanted to see how they would do against NMSU. I would be real happy if they win another game this year. But everyone can see.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Consider NMSU beat UH first time in history. It's sort of like UH betting BYU during Bob Wagner years. Something that's never been done, is now done.

This difference is BYU was elite and solid. New Mexico beat a UH team that's horrible/broken (choose your own word.)

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

New Mexico State vs UH outcome didn't surprise me eventhough some odds makers thought UH should have been a 2 point favorite. NMST was underrated imo. The team played Nevada and UTEP to one score losses. The same UTEP team beat Boise handily. So I think NMST wasn't a pushover as some people think. UH's next opponent SDST is an intriguing match up for the oddsmakers. If they follow the Sagarian model SDST would likely be a 20 point favorite but how could that be as SDST has only been able to convert 21% 3rd conversions on offense. If Chang is getting more involved with the offense, where I think the Warriors offense could have done a lot better against NMST had the team improved on 4/16 on downs it wouldn't also surprise me if he's shaking the tree on defense,too. For the remaining games on UH's schedule a win will be an upset. At this point tthe teams running on 5 flat tire (even the spare is flat) so I would be surprised if the team wins another game this season.🤮

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

sarvicdar wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:17 pm New Mexico State vs UH outcome didn't surprise me eventhough some odds makers thought UH should have been a 2 point favorite.
I didn't see anywhere where Hawaii was favored
NMSt opened at -2 that grew to -5 days before the game

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

A lot of rambling with the tumble weeds going on here as far as analyses go. I over-estimated our quarterbacks. However, rotating QB's and systems kinda throws a monkey wrench into their performances. Muasau is doing great at 4-0 UCLA. He was a big factor in the success of our defense the last two years. I was wrong to down play the departure of this kingpin. While our defense isn't that bad, it is missing a genius linebacker.

SDSU is 2-2. They barely got by a favored Toledo Torpedo team 17-14 in their last game. They face another 2-2 team in Boise St. who is coming off a disappointing loss to UTEP. I predict the Aztecs will lose to the Donks and will be a 2-4 team facing a 1-4 Hawaii team. The spread will be -8. We stand a pretty good chance of winning due to the bi-week and the Aztecs sucking too.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:44 am A lot of rambling with the tumble weeds going on here as far as analyses go. I over-estimated our quarterbacks. However, rotating QB's and systems kinda throws a monkey wrench into their performances. Muasau is doing great at 4-0 UCLA. He was a big factor in the success of our defense the last two years. I was wrong to down play the departure of this kingpin. While our defense isn't that bad, it is missing a genius linebacker.

SDSU is 2-2. They barely got by a favored Toledo Torpedo team 17-14 in their last game. They face another 2-2 team in Boise St. who is coming off a disappointing loss to UTEP. I predict the Aztecs will lose to the Donks and will be a 2-4 team facing a 1-4 Hawaii team. The spread will be -8. We stand a pretty good chance of winning due to the bi-week and the Aztecs sucking too.
The spread in that game will be -17