Kapaa football team is going up to Division I

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Nick Abramo
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Kapaa football team is going up to Division I

Post by Nick Abramo »

It's all but official: Kapaa footballl team is moving up to Division I. A likely state tournament format is 4 Open, 6 D-I and 6 D-II.

Read about it at BedrockSportsHawaii.com: https://bedrocksportshawaii.com/analysi ... 6-6-setup/

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Re: Kapaa football team is going up to Division I

Post by ChadFukuoka »

This is great for Kapaa. They likely will run the table in the KIF and they dominated the D2 state playoffs last year. It would be interesting to see Kappa play Lahainaluna or Iolani in D1 states.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

ChadFukuoka wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:16 pm This is great for Kapaa. They likely will run the table in the KIF and they dominated the D2 state playoffs last year. It would be interesting to see Kappa play Lahainaluna or Iolani in D1 states.
Does this mean that every KIF will participate in the D1 playoffs if they win the league? Or will Waimea or Kauai still participate in D2 if they win the league?

There was one year where TWO KIF teams participated in state tournaments--2003. Kauai was the D1 representative while Waimea was D2.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

gopunahou wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:22 pm
ChadFukuoka wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:16 pm This is great for Kapaa. They likely will run the table in the KIF and they dominated the D2 state playoffs last year. It would be interesting to see Kappa play Lahainaluna or Iolani in D1 states.
Does this mean that every KIF will participate in the D1 playoffs if they win the league? Or will Waimea or Kauai still participate in D2 if they win the league?

There was one year where TWO KIF teams participated in state tournaments--2003. Kauai was the D1 representative while Waimea was D2.
For this season, Kapaa will be in D1. They get the state berth regardless of their record. Kauai and Waimea will be in D2. Whoever has the better league record gets the state berth.