ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Re: Fall Camp

Post by ulua »

uhwarriors wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:03 pm
ulua wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:26 pm Just curious if anyone watched the scrimmage today? If so would you mind sharing how it went, and how the team looked?

Thanks,
Ulua
I got there too late and missed the scrimmage. I still got to watch about an hour of practice. I primarily watched the QBs and receivers. Schager has bulked up some and seems to have more zip on his passes. He was getting most of the 1st team reps. Yellen seems to have a live arm, but Farrell and Cooper were getting lots of reps with the 2s and 3s. We're thin at the wideout position. We really only have Bowens and Panoke with experience and speed. There are enough SBs with Scott, Mokiao-Atimalala and Phillips. RB Johnson is fast. RB Hines is real fast. Matagi Thompson was getting reps at S with the 1s.
Thanks for the update uhwarriors, much appreciated.

Sounds like Schager right now has the edge to be the #1 guy?
From the new I believe it was RB Johnson who had a 60 yd TD?

Hopefully some of the new / young WR can step up and provide some depth.

Thanks again as always for your insight!

Shoko
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Shoko »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:20 am
Shoko wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:06 pm Yep, mahalo for the updates.

I'll be tempering my excitement a bit just so I don't set myself up for disappointment...like the rest of you guys, right?
No hold back. This is a special team. The coaches' jell with the community and players is something special. I am not a gambler, but I see something special. There has been something holding this team back for quite some time now. It's time for a little thunder and lightning. While I disagree with many of the decisions of all involved in this alchemy of serendipity, sparks are gonna fly.

Picked to finish last. Nah.
True, this is a special team but I don't think the prognosticators are that far off on where Hawaii is expected to finish. Maybe not last but expecting a bowl game with this schedule and the only teams with coaching changes is Hawaii and Nevada puts them behind the eight ball.

Then again, my expectations might change if they beat SEC cellar dweller, Vanderbilt (2-10 and their lethargic offense). Coming into conference play with a 3-2 record and I'm thinking get good chance for a bowl game. We'll see...

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/HawaiiFootball/status/1556762008506159104

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Really hopeful that Jonah can have a breakout season. I know injuries have plagued his career and it would be awesome for him to have a successful senior year.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Love it. Mahalo for sharing.
How's Dior Scott in front? bradduh get some enthusiasm. :D

I like what I'm seeing from our team so far. Hope the product on the field delivers.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

These boys showed up in shape. Their hard work and commitment over the summer is certainly on display.

On a more lighthearted note, I wonder who on the team does the best Coach Chang impresión? Every team has at least one player with the best impression of a coach or coaches. They could keep the locker room entertained for days! Especially in the dog days of football camp.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: kalua pig
NBA: kalua pig
NFL: kalua pig

Post by anykine »

i love the way timmy chang allows the public to watch practice and also asked them to kokua and not video.i also respect the way the public held their promise.vanderbilt sees nothing.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Team looks primed...two weeks away from Vandy and excited to turn the page to the Brahdahood era. Let's be patient bc the team and coaches deserve it and will likely need it this next few yrs.

#IMUA #Warrior4Lyfe
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/HawaiiFootball/status/1559298897482219522

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »