Page 6 of 10

Re: New Stadium

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:51 pm
by EITSwarrior
anykine wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:22 pm the original aloha stadium being condemned before the new one is built is complete incompetence.
TBF the plan was to have and use Aloha Stadium while the new one is being built. COVID pandemic shot that plan down.

Re: New Stadium

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:54 pm
by anykine
EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:51 pm
anykine wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:22 pm the original aloha stadium being condemned before the new one is built is complete incompetence.
TBF the plan was to have and use Aloha Stadium while the new one is being built. COVID pandemic shot that plan down.
even if covid earned a 2 year pass,the stadium would not have been built in time.

Re: New Stadium

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:08 am
by EITSwarrior
anykine wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:54 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:51 pm
anykine wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:22 pm the original aloha stadium being condemned before the new one is built is complete incompetence.
TBF the plan was to have and use Aloha Stadium while the new one is being built. COVID pandemic shot that plan down.
even if covid earned a 2 year pass,the stadium would not have been built in time.
You kinda missed the point.

Re: New Stadium

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:20 am
by Palolo_2LA
I still like JJ's vision of a stadium using the Ala Wai golf course. The public utility is way higher for a stadium than a stupid public golf course.

Re: New Stadium

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:28 pm
by anykine
:waiting:

Re: New Stadium

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:32 am
by gopunahou
Palolo_2LA wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:20 am I still like JJ's vision of a stadium using the Ala Wai golf course. The public utility is way higher for a stadium than a stupid public golf course.
As appealing as a stadium there would be, I don't think it'll ever happen. The only way it could is if all of UH's home games there were day games. The current Ala Wai GC is near Iolani, which could install lights but never plays night games there because of the residential situation.

Re: New Stadium

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:41 pm
by anykine
the jumbotron from aloha stadium hasn’t been transferred to ching field yet.there must be a supply chain issue.

Re: New Stadium

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:07 pm
by 808

Re: New Stadium

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:14 pm
by anykine
:rofl2: :waiting: :rofl2:

Re: New Stadium

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:33 pm
by anykine
anykine wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:31 pm 350 million to the university could turn ching field into a 30k home field advantage.remove the track and build up to the field.build 1/4 of the stadium yearly in the off season.a parking structure can be added easily with the funds.
you already know cuz.

Re: New Stadium

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:35 pm
by UnBiasFan
anykine wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:41 pm the jumbotron from aloha stadium hasn’t been transferred to ching field yet.there must be a supply chain issue.
Here is what I would do:

Move the Jumbotron to the stadium lower parking lot. Put the home game up on the screen and charge $25 per car. Add some more screens too. Open gates at 1:00 pm. Each car gets to occupy two spaces. There is no requirement to go into stadium at game time because stadium is closed. You and your kids can throw the football in the lot. Stadium security cart people are not allowed in the fan zone. Have some off duty officers only there to respond if there is problem. No problem, no one bothers you.

Re: New Stadium

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:11 pm
by anykine
UnBiasFan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:35 pm
anykine wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:41 pm the jumbotron from aloha stadium hasn’t been transferred to ching field yet.there must be a supply chain issue.
Here is what I would do:

Move the Jumbotron to the stadium lower parking lot. Put the home game up on the screen and charge $25 per car. Add some more screens too. Open gates at 1:00 pm. Each car gets to occupy two spaces. There is no requirement to go into stadium at game time because stadium is closed. You and your kids can throw the football in the lot. Stadium security cart people are not allowed in the fan zone. Have some off duty officers only there to respond if there is problem. No problem, no one bothers you.
tailgating at aloha stadium is unfortunately a thing of the past.

Re: New Stadium

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:01 pm
by kapakahi
https://twitter.com/StarAdvertiser/status/1572406174049255425 https://twitter.com/TheTomGeorge/status/1572478540674928641

Re: New Stadium

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:46 am
by Irse
How does this affect UH and the NCAA's minimum attendance policy that we were going to get a break on as long as progress was being made towards building a new stadium?

Re: New Stadium

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:34 am
by My3Cats
Ige doesn't care. He's going to be out of office by the end of the year.