Re: New Stadium

Post by anykine »

:mopedsmile:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

From what I read in the paper Ige wants to focus on building the stadium with the funds provided but do not want the private/public partnership which would stick the state with millions of dollars in payments or subsidies to to the developers for many years. He kinda made sense on the lack of infrastructure to support the other projects like housing and the entertainment district. I have seen the infrastructure problems we have had building rail. Not to mention design/management. So I kinda agree that we build the stadium now and continue to work on the other stuff later. At least we will have the stadium. The other stuff could take years to figure out and get done. Start on stadium now.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

RedZone wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:52 pm From what I read in the paper Ige wants to focus on building the stadium with the funds provided but do not want the private/public partnership which would stick the state with millions of dollars in payments or subsidies to to the developers for many years. He kinda made sense on the lack of infrastructure to support the other projects like housing and the entertainment district. I have seen the infrastructure problems we have had building rail. Not to mention design/management. So I kinda agree that we build the stadium now and continue to work on the other stuff later. At least we will have the stadium. The other stuff could take years to figure out and get done. Start on stadium now.
He’s right in making getting the stadium done first a priority before building the commercial/ entertainment district. BUT IDK if Ige knew this…. that’s always been the plan

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:50 pm
RedZone wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:52 pm From what I read in the paper Ige wants to focus on building the stadium with the funds provided but do not want the private/public partnership which would stick the state with millions of dollars in payments or subsidies to to the developers for many years. He kinda made sense on the lack of infrastructure to support the other projects like housing and the entertainment district. I have seen the infrastructure problems we have had building rail. Not to mention design/management. So I kinda agree that we build the stadium now and continue to work on the other stuff later. At least we will have the stadium. The other stuff could take years to figure out and get done. Start on stadium now.
He’s right in making getting the stadium done first a priority before building the commercial/ entertainment district. BUT IDK if Ige knew this…. that’s always been the plan
Ige definitely knew this about 1 year ago….when the proposed Executive appropriation budget (which included the new stadium development funding appropriation bill) was being prepared for the 2022 State Legislative Session (which commenced in January 2022). However, Ige did not share his intensions with his own cabinet member (DAGS Comptroller Curt Otaguro) even after the approved stadium appropriation was approved by the State Legislature (in April 2022) nor when it became law (in July 2022) but instead waited until now (the last quarter year of his term as Governor) to pubicly announce his intended change in direction.
https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/docs/sessioncalendar.pdf

Pretty obvious that Ige purposely stalled the project by at least 1 calendar year (to coincide with the last quarter year of his term)…..thereby effectively punting this matter to the next Governor and his newly selected DBEDT Director to figure this out going forward.
kapakahi wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:53 pm
Hearing from reliable State governmental insiders that the previous delay back in December 2021 was also per instructions from the Governor's Office (via Chief of Staff Linda Chu Takayama). Evidently the Governor's Office purposely delayed the RFP process (in addition to delaying the acceptance of the EIS) for over a full calendar year until the last quarter of his administration (when the country now experiences the highest inflation since the 70's) without any explanation.

It's as if Governor Ige is setting up the next administration to fail....so that voters might forget how bad his 2-term administration has been (much in the way that voters have seemingly forgotten about how bad Abercrombie was in his one-term which is why voters elected Ige instead).
kapakahi wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:09 am https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/12/ ... -for-2023/
“The change until early 2022 was necessary as the administration prepared for the demands of the legislative session that begins next month,” said Chris Kinimaka, public works administrator for the Department of Accounting and General Services.
The legislative session always begins every January so the corresponding annual staff preparation work effort is not unexpected and should have already been accounted for.....so no legitimate reason/explanation being offered by the administration for yet another avoidable self-inflicted delay (following the previous 1-year self-inflicted delay caused by administration staff clerical error with their proposed appropriation language in the 2020 Legislative Session).

Those who fail to plan (thoroughly beforehand) (ultimately inexorably) plan to fail.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/07/0 ... ther-year/
https://nased.hawaii.gov/legislators-ai ... rict-bill/ https://twitter.com/HawaiiNewsNow/status/1281488601470074882

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

He slow.
You know.
Like the other guy named Joe.
Time for them to go.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

RedZone wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:35 pm He slow.
You know.
Like the other guy named Joe.
Time for them to go.
Let’s keep national politics out of this. No one brought up the other slow guy.

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: kalua pig
NBA: kalua pig
NFL: kalua pig

Post by anykine »

the secret plan.coming out very very soon.you already know cuz.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

anykine wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:22 pm the secret plan.coming out very very soon.you already know cuz.
I find it so heart warming that I saved you all. I mean I am so happy that I was your leader. Because you needed me. ❤️ David.

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by anykine »

:rofl2:
UnBiasFan wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:16 pm
anykine wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:22 pm the secret plan.coming out very very soon.you already know cuz.
I find it so heart warming that I saved you all. I mean I am so happy that I was your leader. Because you needed me. ❤️ David.
:rofl2:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Governor Ige.

Local style and fashionably late.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by anykine »

:mopedsmile:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Where's Ige?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by anykine »

clown show.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

My3Cats wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:37 amWhere's Ige?
The good thing is that the next Governor is weeks away. And the new guy will tell us the direction we are going within 5 minutes compared to Ige who will spend a half hour saying absolutely nothing and then tell us certainly he understands us and loves us and will get back to us.

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by anykine »

david ige is in a tranquil state of meditation.please be patient everybody.big secret plan coming very very soon.