EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: New Stadium

Post by EITSwarrior »

UnBiasFan wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:59 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:45 am
UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:14 pm

LOL … public input is like an environmental impact statement that misses an international airport and high tension power lines serving a major metropolitan area … LOL

Never trust people who claim to be experts … scientists and engineers hired to write bullshit are the biggest scam ever …
EIS is not what most people refer to when saying we want “public input”. Regardless an EIS is and has been readily available on the NASED website for at least a year.
No way in hell do they make this project for working people to enjoy the afternoon with their bbq’s — they will not do that …. Period. Prove me wrong.
If you by saying BBQ's, you are referring to tailgating, then you can't say they won't for sure. At least one stadium site layout retains at least half of the stadium parking circle where yep you can tailgate.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

EITSwarrior wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:46 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:45 am

EIS is not what most people refer to when saying we want “public input”. Regardless an EIS is and has been readily available on the NASED website for at least a year.
No way in hell do they make this project for working people to enjoy the afternoon with their bbq’s — they will not do that …. Period. Prove me wrong.
If you by saying BBQ's, you are referring to tailgating, then you can't say they won't for sure. At least one stadium site layout retains at least half of the stadium parking circle where yep you can tailgate.
I’ll bump this thread in five years when the project is half way done. And you will see that tailgating, as we know it, is gone. My point is tailgating should be upgraded with lots of trees and big spaces and be affordable. The public would definitely want this.

My point is about public input. Public is not walking into any meeting and being considered. Public input is never considered. Public is invited after things are decided to make things look like public had input. All those fancy plans are drawn up to create an experience like mainland where there are wild wing restaurants and chucky cheese’s. If they keep some tailgating, parking for tailgating will be $50. And bbq’s will be gone. I will bump this later to prove I am Prophet Obvious. Not that it matters.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

UnBiasFan wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:58 am

I’ll bump this thread in five years when the project is half way done. And you will see that tailgating, as we know it, is gone. My point is tailgating should be upgraded with lots of trees and big spaces and be affordable. The public would definitely want this.

My point is about public input. Public is not walking into any meeting and being considered. Public input is never considered. Public is invited after things are decided to make things look like public had input. All those fancy plans are drawn up to create an experience like mainland where there are wild wing restaurants and chucky cheese’s. If they keep some tailgating, parking for tailgating will be $50. And bbq’s will be gone. I will bump this later to prove I am Prophet Obvious. Not that it matters.
There's some truth to what you say. This is your best counter punch of all time.

I still say an on-campus build-up of an existing structure makes the most sense. Why were we parking and driving from Manoa all those years? The field is built already. Extend the seating and they will come...cause they are already there. Honolulu is the most densely populated area on Oahu. All visiting teams and opposing fans stay in Waikiki. There is plenty of parking at Manoa and Kapiolani Community College on the weekends.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:00 am
UnBiasFan wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:58 am

There's some truth to what you say. This is your best counter punch of all time.

I still say an on-campus build-up of an existing structure makes the most sense. Why were we parking and driving from Manoa all those years? The field is built already. Extend the seating and they will come...cause they are already there. Honolulu is the most densely populated area on Oahu. All visiting teams and opposing fans stay in Waikiki. There is plenty of parking at Manoa and Kapiolani Community College on the weekends.
The land is too valuable not to develop. This site was originally restricted to recreational use. Deed restrictions were removed. And now you will have a bunch of cookie cutter retail. For some reason, there are many locals that like Cheesecake Factories and Olive Gardens. Hawaii sells out to this and we continue to lose what made us unique.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Now projected to be done in 2026
The money is now available, but construction of the new Aloha Stadium in Halawa won’t start until at least a year from now.

Prospective builders of the multiuse stadium and surrounding entertainment district will have eight months to develop and submit proposals. Then the state has four months to review the proposals and choose the winners, officials at Thursday’s monthly Stadium Authority meeting said.

The request-for-proposals process doesn’t begin until a month after a green light from the governor, and a completed environmental impact statement is still being reviewed for approval by the Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism.
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/07/ ... -now-2026/

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Which likely means anywhere from 2028 to 2040.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

WOW! No offense, guys, but I'm starting to think Wyoming will win a conference championship in football before the new Aloha Stadium even gets built!

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: kalua pig
NBA: kalua pig
NFL: kalua pig

Post by anykine »

:mopedsmile: :mopedsmile: :mopedsmile:

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

wyokie wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:28 am WOW! No offense, guys, but I'm starting to think Wyoming will win a conference championship in football before the new Aloha Stadium even gets built!
It’s the way things work here. If an outside company like Costco wants a warehouse, it will be done in six months. If it is government work, everything is like six to sixty years.

My over/under for opening day is seven years.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:06 pm
wyokie wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:28 am WOW! No offense, guys, but I'm starting to think Wyoming will win a conference championship in football before the new Aloha Stadium even gets built!
It’s the way things work here. If an outside company like Costco wants a warehouse, it will be done in six months. If it is government work, everything is like six to sixty years.

My over/under for opening day is seven years.
TBF building a stadium on an already primed site is easier....... well should easier than building something like rail which is going through the most densely populated part of the island and has to relocate utilities and whatnot while trying to minimize disruption to traffic and businesses. Les Murakami Stadium was built in less than a year. Stan Sheriff built in less than 2 years. Aloha Stadium took I think 2 years maybe 3 years if you count site prep. They should already be demolishing the old stadium IMO.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

One day, droves of UH fans will disembark from the nearby rail station on their way to game day at the new aloha stadium. Spanking new. Even rumored to might be hosting a pro bowl once again soon. And yes, tailgating fans …is that oxtail stew?? And look at the size of those shrimps!

One day. In a galaxy far far away.

Until then, Go Bows. ✊🏼✊🏼✊🏼
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

“They should already be demolishing the old stadium IMO.”

Yep, I would spend whatever million to remove the stadium but leave the field. Then move the Ching field bleachers over there and add some more. I would have this done in 2 years and have 35,000 seats.

Then use the rest of the property for kelly slater type surf ranch. My project would kick azz like no other. And I would be a God. I would tell the chuckie cheeses and burger kings to stay away. Only vendors with Teri beef and chicken mix plate for $5.99 mini and $6.99 regular allowed on property.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Wyoming has never won an MWC championship. The last championship for Wyoming was some time ago. Your wish is a conundrum. Neither side can win. I'd really like for the stadium to be built near the fans (home and opposition). Manoa is underutilized. Well, the volleyball, baseball, and track guys get to benefit from it. Parking is not an issue on the weekends. Just build-up the existing stadium. Put in some more seats.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:42 am
Wyoming has never won an MWC championship. The last championship for Wyoming was some time ago. Your wish is a conundrum. Neither side can win. I'd really like for the stadium to be built near the fans (home and opposition). Manoa is underutilized. Well, the volleyball, baseball, and track guys get to benefit from it. Parking is not an issue on the weekends. Just build-up the existing stadium. Put in some more seats.
For those wondering...
Last outright title: 1988.
Last shared title: 1993 with Fresno State & BYU.

Wyoming did play in two official conference championship games: 1996 (WAC: vs. BYU in Las Vegas losing 28-25 in ot) & in 2016 (MWC hosting San Diego State but losing 27-24).

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: kalua pig
NBA: kalua pig
NFL: kalua pig

Post by anykine »

the original aloha stadium being condemned before the new one is built is complete incompetence.