Pitt QB Joey Yellen in the Portal

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Pitt QB Joey Yellen committed

Post by cabanalane »

RedZone wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:19 pm I am not worried about the QB position anymore. This is a real nice pickup. I think it could be that our new OC may be one of the reasons. Players out there know that we are looking for a starter. I like the competition.
I feel the same way too - not worry about the QB position.

To me, they kind of all look the same, meaning height and weight, but also the way they play (based on the videos). Maybe that's what TC is looking for, 4 or 5 guys that can plug and play at any time, as the QB position is one sack away, for the next guy up. Maybe that's what UH has been missing for long time, and QBs had to play hurt, because there were no one else that could step in.

Or we can ask the question, perhaps TC have not found his starting QB yet. So the audition is open. And the fact TC is bring in transfers, means he need someone now. The young guys are not ready. TC does not have the luxury to "develop" and need to win now. The honeymoon period is only 1.75 years.

locomoko
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by locomoko »

Yellen's 2021 spring game film shows more accuracy than we've seen in a while. And that wasn't a highlight video - it shows sacks and incompletions. Great addition.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

His film in High School, @ ASU and @ Pitt definitely show he has some great QB traits - ball placement, touch and reading coverage. The ball placement is remarkable in the outside hash throws - a pro throw.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: QB Joey Yellen in the portal

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/farrellportal/status/1724240890158301429

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I like that confidence that he believes he should be the starting QB, somewhere. But like a guy looking for a new job, every year, maybe he is just not that good of a player.

Jake Farrell wants to play too, but he has a headset on for the longest time. 3 coaches now? I bet he learn a lot. Maybe become a coach one day. Ken Niumatalolo had the headset on when Gabriel got all the playing time and glory. But who do you want today to coach your team?

What's that saying...when life give you lemons, it sucks, but you make lemonade.

Mahalo Joey Yellen. Best wishes, and I know you competed hard for the starting job.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Pitt QB Joey Yellen in the Portal

Post by Walkoff Balk »

He could play for a San Diego St. They had a converted defensive back as their starting qb.