Hawaii HS Football Transfer Portal

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Hawaii HS Football Transfer Portal

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@gopunahou:
Well, this past season Kahuku slung and flung the ball around just about as well as St Louis did. Thing is, Kahuku also had a kick-butt run game. But, it depends on the personnel they have coming back next year, right? I mean, an HC has to build his strategy around the players he has. Also, you know I'm not a fan of Punahou School, but I think they have a good chance of knocking-off St Louis for the ILH Open title. But, I don't think Punahou can beat Kahuku. I mean, you never know, but I think Kahuku will be too loaded. Kahuku is king of the mountain, until someone can knock them off. Lots of luck with that. I've heard Kahuku will play a nationally-ranked mainland school, and they might fall to them. But, I don't see any Oahu school knocking them off. Not this coming year. Kahuku alumni must be stoked. It's like, hana hou, and let the good times roll.

Dog 96707
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Dog 96707 »

More transfers added
Jaron Sagapolutele - St. Louis to Campbell
Trech Kekahuna- St. Louis to Bishop Gorman
Charles Correa - St. Louis to Bishop Gorman
Jason Peters-Delaura - St. Louis to Mililani ?
Onosai Salanoa - St. Louis to Mililani
Elijah Nua - St. Louis to Mililani

I was definitely surprised that St. Louis will be losing this many players, especially after finishing 2nd in the state last season. Maybe tuition price or schedule? I'm sure playing kam and punahou 3 or 4 times isn't ideal. well, looks like punahou will be the overwhelming favorite in the ILH and kahuku and mililani will battle for the OIA. I think kahuku wins that. I believe kahuku will win the state championship again

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

Dog 96707 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:45 am More transfers added

I was definitely surprised that St. Louis will be losing this many players, especially after finishing 2nd in the state last season. Maybe tuition price or schedule? I'm sure playing kam and punahou 3 or 4 times isn't ideal. well, looks like punahou will be the overwhelming favorite in the ILH and kahuku and mililani will battle for the OIA. I think kahuku wins that. I believe kahuku will win the state championship again
If the alliance is back, I think the ILH schools only play each other once in the regular season, a second time for the ILH championship and state berth. Maybe it's also playing time? Are some of these players not starters?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Dog 96707 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:45 am More transfers added

@Dog 96707:

SIX transfers out. This is absolutely disastrous for the Saints. St Louis alumni must be pissed.

Dog 96707

Post by Dog 96707 »

I believe St. Louis usually has a few kids that transfer every year, for whatever reason. But this is a lot. I’ve been hearing that more will be leaving too but haven’t confirmed anything for sure yet. Kekahuna, Correa, Peters-Delaura and Laloulu are big losses.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Dog 96707 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:44 pm I believe St. Louis usually has a few kids that transfer every year, for whatever reason. But this is a lot. I’ve been hearing that more will be leaving too but haven’t confirmed anything for sure yet. Kekahuna, Correa, Peters-Delaura and Laloulu are big losses.
@Dog 96707:

You're right. I don't know why there are so many defections from St Louis this year. I consider this to be bad news, in that now it's even more likely that Punahou will take ILH Open, and I'd hate to see that happen. I don't exactly love St Louis School, but I'd rather have them than Punahou School.

Dog 96707

Post by Dog 96707 »

Recent transfers confirmed
Matt Malepeai - St.Louis to Kailua
Mason Muaau - St. Louis to Campbell

St. Louis taking a huge hit this off season. Muaau is a Colorado St. commit. That’s huge
This basically places Punahou at the top of the ILH. St. Louis and Kamehameha playing for 2nd place. I still think Kahuku is the favorite to win not only the OIA but the state championship. Looks like Campbell might finally break into the OIA top 2

teamhawaii
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

Terahiti Wolfe - Punahou to Kahuku
Tuli Tagovailoa-Amosa - Kapolei to Kahuku
Diezel Kamoku - Kapolei to Kahuku
Sitani Mikaele - Rancho Cucamonga to Kahuku

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

teamhawaii wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:09 pm Terahiti Wolfe - Punahou to Kahuku
Losing Terahiti hurts. I hope more kids from Punahou don’t follow him out.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Those players are some good pickups for Kahuku. Mikaele might be the best of this bunch of transfers.
5-10 240 DE/LB.He was a top performer from The Arrival camp in SoCal last weekend.Got moves that fool OL and can bull-rush to get to the QB. I think Kamoku had a little over 600 receiving yards for Kapolei last year.

Dog 96707

Post by Dog 96707 »

I’m expecting the HS transfer portal to be active in the coming months lol
Seems like a lot of transfers are heading to Kahuku and mililani…again lol
Mililani got some DL transferring from Kapolei and a DB from St. Louis
Kahuku getting an OL from Stl also.
Possibly a few kids leaving Kamehameha also. It’s getting to be the norm here and won’t be surprised to see many more hit the portal soon

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

gopunahou wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:50 pm
teamhawaii wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:09 pm Terahiti Wolfe - Punahou to Kahuku
Losing Terahiti hurts. I hope more kids from Punahou don’t follow him out.
Not sure what Punahou's roster will look like when the season starts, but they do play 2 California teams this year. So they definitely are challenging themselves with their schedule. Let's see how competitive they will be in both games.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/tali_leka/status/1644173625921277954

teamhawaii
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

It looks like Anelu Lafaele-St. Louis has transferred to Farrington.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

This makes two years in a row that a blue-chip recruited player has left St.Louis and transferred to Farrington. Iapani Laloulu in 2022 and Lafaele in 2023.