Wahine Bball 2023

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
All-American
All-American

Wahine Bball 2023

Post by 808 »

The University of Hawai'i women's basketball team and head coach Laura Beeman announced the newest signee to the 2022-2023 roster on Monday in sophomore guard Lily Lefotu Wahinekapu.

During the 2021-22 season Wahinekapu played at Cal State Fullerton, winning the Big West Conference Freshman of the Year award averaging 14 points a game, while starting in all 29 games for the Titans.

Wahinekapu joins a talented class of 2022 signees, now totaling four for the 'Bows. In November, Beeman along with her coaching staff announced signees Imani Perez, Avery Watkins, and Jovi Lefotu, the younger sister of Lily.

https://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2022/4 ... oster.aspx

In a separate development, Beeman confirmed that guard Nae Nae Calhoun has entered the transfer portal and is looking to continue her career closer to home in California. Center Maeve Donnelly has also entered the portal.

“We’re losing a great guard and we’re gaining a great guard and both of them are going home for the same reason,” Beeman said of the coincidental moves. “(Calhoun) just wants to be closer to home.”

“Her energy and her voice and her leadership was all really good stuff for us. As much as I understand and wish her well I will miss her just because I love that kid. … She’s a great kid and I hope going home helps her and helps her family.”
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/04/ ... sistahood/

All-American
All-American

Re: Wahine Basketball

Post by 808 »

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

https://www.khon2.com/sports/hawaii-wom ... ight-year/

It's a Cinderella story where Cinderella went to the Dance with slippahs.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Great way to finish off their regular season and BWC tournament run after such a slow start to the season.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I’d love to see us take down LSU and give Kim Mulkey something to cry about. She can coach with the best of them but is dumb as rocks when it comes to certain things. Let’s just say she’s got a history of sour grapes and controversial comments.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Treyman
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Treyman »

Beeman can recruit and showed serious coaching chops with so many players injured. Here’s a crazy thought. How would she do as men’s coach? Would definitely be a first and would be interesting to see how she approaches men’s game and recruiting.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Treyman wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:53 pm Beeman can recruit and showed serious coaching chops with so many players injured. Here’s a crazy thought. How would she do as men’s coach? Would definitely be a first and would be interesting to see how she approaches men’s game and recruiting.
Beeman seems to understand the importance of making every minute count, or at least convincing her players to remember that.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!