WR Chris Jackson (BYU Transfer) commits

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

WR Chris Jackson (BYU Transfer) commits

Post by Irse »

From BYU
ImageImage

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: WR commit

Post by kapakahi »

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Jackson is fast and has 10.8 100m speed which can be seen in his JC and HS tape. Why he wasn't more productive at BYU is a question. I know the coaches were looking for WRs that could stretch defenses and beat man coverage. Hopefully that's what he'll do here. Unfortunately he won't be here until summer and will have a lot of catching up to do.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Nice add...speedy and dynamic playmakers are much needed in any pass oriented offense. Does he have 2 to play 1?

It's going to be feast or famine for our team bc 20+ players won't arrive on campus until summer ball. That's more taxing on a skill player vs a Lineman since there's way more intricacies to learn as a WR, DB.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:29 am Nice add...speedy and dynamic playmakers are much needed in any pass oriented offense. Does he have 2 to play 1?

It's going to be feast or famine for our team bc 20+ players won't arrive on campus until summer ball. That's more taxing on a skill player vs a Lineman since there's way more intricacies to learn as a WR, DB.
He's faster than I thought. According to Tsai's article, he's run 10.5.

Looks like he's actually played 4 years already (2018 and 2019 in JC and 2020 and 2021 at BYU). So he gets an additional 1 year due to Covid.
Jackson, who grew up in Pomona, Calif., is 5 feet 10 and 185 pounds. He has been clocked at 10.5 seconds over 100 meters. In team testing, his sprint was timed at a prorated 22 mph.

“He’s a good kid, a good player,” former UH receiver John Ursua said. Two years ago, Ursua and former BYU quarterback Zach Wilson helped train several Utah-area players, including Jackson. “He’s going to be a solid pickup for (the Warriors),” Ursua added.

Jackson received widespread interest as a Pomona High senior, but did not meet the NCAA eligibility requirements to play for a Division I program as a freshman. He grayshirted in the fall of 2017, then enrolled full-time at Mount San Antonio College in Walnut, Calif. In 2018, he caught 50 passes and scored on a 98-yard kickoff return.
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/04/ ... ball-team/

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

What's the saying...you can't coach speed.

Are any WR at UH fast? Maybe the coaches see an area that of need/shortfall.

Just need two. Cole MD had two, Ward and Byrd speedsters. Everyone else can be "slow."

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

cabanalane wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:23 am What's the saying...you can't coach speed.

Are any WR at UH fast? Maybe the coaches see an area that of need/shortfall.

Just need two. Cole MD had two, Ward and Byrd speedsters. Everyone else can be "slow."
Bowen and Walthall are speedsters. Route running counts too. Plenty of track guys never pan out bc of poor route running, anticipation and lack of stick moves. Inline speed is one thing, but It's hard to change direction and that element is an indicator of success.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: WR Chris Jackson (BYU Transfer) commits

Post by RedZone »

Mean afterburner. :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

uhwarriors wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:55 pm Jackson is fast and has 10.8 100m speed which can be seen in his JC and HS tape. Why he wasn't more productive at BYU is a question. I know the coaches were looking for WRs that could stretch defenses and beat man coverage. Hopefully that's what he'll do here. Unfortunately he won't be here until summer and will have a lot of catching up to do.
BYU has tall receivers. Probably what the coaches there look for.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Let’s hope that this is just a false rumor…. :roll: https://twitter.com/jackson5payne/status/1539674130684846080

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: kalua pig
NBA: kalua pig
NFL: kalua pig

Post by anykine »

kapakahi wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:24 am Let’s hope that this is just a false rumor…. :roll: https://twitter.com/jackson5payne/status/1539674130684846080
i’m going to take that as good news.if he plans to walk on and change positions for the team he was transferring from,he wasn’t good enough to get on the field in hawai’i.we got receivers.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/Chris24yackson/status/1542949051233996800

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

He may, or may not get much playing time, but at least he can collect on NIL money.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

My3Cats wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:19 pm He may, or may not get much playing time, but at least he can collect on NIL money.
Yup!!!