Army (and Riverside City College) transfer DT Etuate Moala not on the roster

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Army (and Riverside City College) transfer DT Etuate Moala not on the roster

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/Toko_Etu/status/1513385876797083649 https://twitter.com/JUCOFFrenzy/status/1513593712416276490
kapakahi wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:56 pm
Etuate Moala DT transfer from Army, via JSerra Catholic HS (San Juan Capistrano, CA.). Was on the Army Prep roster for 2019 and 2020 seasons. Eligibility clock should have started with the 2021 season although was not listed on the 2021 Army roster. Transferred to Riverside City College (RCC) but would appear to be academically eligible to be a 2022 recruit with still 4 (possibly 5) to play 4. https://twitter.com/Toko_Etu/status/1509385043470290945

Link
Last edited by kapakahi on Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

uhwarriors

Re: Army transfer DT Etuate Moala commits

Post by uhwarriors »

We finally got an interior DL commit. Looks like a 3 technique DT. We still need at least a couple more DTs.

He was at practice on Saturday with his brothers and mother. One of his brothers, Lipe is huge. About 6-5, 300. A couple of other brothers, probably a couple of years younger were there too. I hope this is the beginning of a Moala family pipeline.

. https://twitter.com/Toko_Etu/status/1505698722532917250 https://twitter.com/ChrisNic34/status/1387125884818186251

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Army transfer DT Etuate Moala commits

Post by Irse »

Need a couple more. Welcome.
ImageImage

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Re: Army (and Riverside City College) transfer DT Etuate Moala commits

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Has the size, long arms and strength to hold the point. That's important since it keeps the OL off our LBs.

He'll definitely needs to work on lateral agility and exploding off the line, especially at the college level where brute force without technique will get you buried.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:38 pm Has the size, long arms and strength to hold the point. That's important since it keeps the OL off our LBs.

He'll definitely needs to work on lateral agility and exploding off the line, especially at the college level where brute force without technique will get you buried.
@Palolo_2LA:

I normally post only on the high school threads, but I saw your post on the opening page of the website, and as a UH alumnus, I liked it. I remember watching UH on TV in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia in '07. Can't even remember which UH player it was, but I'm pretty sure he was an O-lineman. I remember at the snap, he laid a mean pop on the D-lineman in front of him. The D-lineman got driven back about one yard, just from the pop by the UH O-lineman. I remember seeing him skid back; he was popped back even as he remained upright, it was unreal. You could see his feet and shoes skid back about a yard. Unforgettable. Based on how that D-lineman skidded back, by guess is that the UH O-lineman laid a mean-assed (pardon my language) two-hand palm thrust on the D-lineman's chest pads. The D-lineman skidded back about a yard. That was brute force! The UH lineman must have been pretty powerful to do that; Georgia had big, sculpted D-linemen. Can't even remember the jersey number of that UH O-lineman, but I loved the pop he laid on that D-lineman. I remember it occurred sometime during the 4th qrtr. Of course, this was back when Brennan was QB.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:27 pm
Palolo_2LA wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:38 pm Has the size, long arms and strength to hold the point. That's important since it keeps the OL off our LBs.

@Palolo_2LA:

I normally post only on the high school threads, but I saw your post on the opening page of the website, and as a UH alumnus, I liked it. I remember watching UH on TV in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia in '07. Can't even remember which UH player it was, but I'm pretty sure he was an O-lineman. I remember at the snap, he laid a mean pop on the D-lineman in front of him. The D-lineman got driven back about one yard, just from the pop by the UH O-lineman. I remember seeing him skid back; he was popped back even as he remained upright, it was unreal. You could see his feet and shoes skid back about a yard. Unforgettable. Based on how that D-lineman skidded back, by guess is that the UH O-lineman laid a mean-assed (pardon my language) two-hand palm thrust on the D-lineman's chest pads. The D-lineman skidded back about a yard. That was brute force! The UH lineman must have been pretty powerful to do that; Georgia had big, sculpted D-linemen. Can't even remember the jersey number of that UH O-lineman, but I loved the pop he laid on that D-lineman. I remember it occurred sometime during the 4th qrtr. Of course, this was back when Brennan was QB.
I truly miss those days ^^^^^^. Let's hope Touchdown Timmy can bring the magic back with a twist of the new era offense.

Btw, little different bc that's the OL...DL is looking the shed his blocker , which requires agility, knee bend/drive...bull rushing doesn't consistently work. Plus, the Georgia DL murdered our OL for 4 quarters, so maybe one guy won once...lmao. Those Georgoa defenses are loaded with NFL talent.

Indeed interior OL can brute force ppl bc they have help by C or T...but the T can't be out there brute forcing everyone bc those quick guys are going to swim or spun right by them.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/IonaCoach/status/1535847911031980032

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Army (and Riverside City College) transfer DT Etuate Moala

Post by kapakahi »

Not on the 2024 Spring Ball roster. Sat out most of 2022 season then all of 2023 season with injury so might have medically retired.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Army (and Riverside City College) transfer DT Etuate Moala

Post by My3Cats »

I wondered what happened to Moala.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.