4/2/22 Spring Practice

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

4/2/22 Spring Practice

Post by uhwarriors »

I didn’t write anything on last week Saturday’s practice because I wanted to get another and better look before posting anything.

As has been reported, practices are much more upbeat than the last two years. There’s music, fans, friends, family and high school coaches in attendance. Recruits and alumni players were also there. It’s a total different vibe than before.

There’s much more coaching and teaching of fundamentals, techniques and assignments. Both sides of the ball, offense and defense are going through the installation process bit by bit. I like the elements of the offense that I could see being installed.

Even though Cammon Cooper got some first team reps, it looks like Brayden Schager is ahead. Armani Edden and Ephraim Tuliloa also got the live reps during the scrimmage. Jake Farrell has gotten a lot of reps in other practices too. It appears the coaches are giving as many of the QBs a chance with different groups.

Nasjzae Bryant appears to be a solid RB behind Dedrick Parson. Bryant seems to have good feet and jump cuts.

Murray, the 6-4, 230 TE is athletic and appears to have good hands. I need to see more, but I like what I see.

Best juke move of the day was SB James Phillips leaving a DB tackling air. It’s good to see Phillips back at his natural position. He’s very quick and has good top end speed. But he’s 5-9, 155 and it didn’t make sense to have him way down the depth chart at RB last year.

Best hit of the day was Noa Kamana leveling a WR after he made a catch.

Defense got sacks and interceptions during the live scrimmage. While it has been reported that the Offense didn’t score, it’s because every time they got in the red zone and they got there a number of times, the line of scrimmage was reset on the other side of the 50 and new groups on Offense and Defense were put in.

The major area of concern is the interior DLine. Only Blessman Taala and John Tuitopou return and only Taala played a lot last . It’s good to see Tuitupou back on the field after being buried in the previous regime’s depth chart. I think the only other interior DLineman on scholarship currently on the team is incoming GS/FR Sonny Semeatu who was recruited as a LB, but has grown into a 6-0, 270 DL. Interior DL is the highest priority position to be filled from the Portal.

Position changes of note – Kolby Wyatt moved to DE from TE and made a sack during the scrimmage. Arase Mose moved from G to C and saw action in the scrimmage. Maurice Taala moved from C to G and was with the first group. I don’t know if these are permanent changes or just experiments.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: 4/2/22 Spring Practice

Post by st808 »

mahalo, from those of us who can't get there and look forward to any word of warrior football. keep up with the reports.

Maui Boy in Alaska
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Bears

Post by Maui Boy in Alaska »

Thank you for the updates

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Mahalo plenty uhwarriors!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Mahalo uhwarriors for the practice write up, great read

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Mahalo for the report.

I'm super curious to see what this offense will bring.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul